Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Paramita Mitra Bhaumik
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Paramita Mitra BhaumikYour feedback matters!
I am not able to sleep for last eight months due to stress of my child education. He is not studying and I am worried of his future. What should I do for sound sleep.
I want to leave someone for my family. What should I do for that I am getting how can I do that I am getting depress cause of that?
I am studying in plus one. I need to get neet exam. I should sleep only 3 hours everyday . Is there any problem that will occur if I sleep 3 hours. Please suggest me how hour sleep should a plus one student get.
I have my CA final due in may 2016. I need to reduce my sleep to 4-5 hrs daily till my exams. Pls help me. Presently I sleep for about 6.5 hrs. Also please give me some tips to improve concentration and to type of foods I should eat to keep my brain sharp or any exercise for the same.
What will be best medicine to control panic attack, mood swing and suicidal thoughts. At present some one in my family is suffering from this condition. Mood swing is very high with her. We love her very much. Please give suggestions.
Please suggest me I am spoiling my life by taking medicines in ten to fifteen pills daily without reason. I am mentally disturbed and frustrated.
In depression I become more agree and I will scold the people with that depression is their any remedy for this?
Im 30 years female, I was in relationship with 5 years younger male frm 2 yrs. Starting he was very loving and caring but when I changed my place he started avoiding and behved so rudly. When he feel he send msg if nt he dnt msg evn its more than a week. Buy he wil b continues on social networking sites when I ask say truth and leave me. He said I dnt hv anyone except u. I was in confusion to believe him. Nw im so distrbd with his nature I knw he is in relation. Im nt understanding wt to do. Bcz of thz im nt flng hungry and nt flng slpy always thinking why he did to me. Sometimes I fl lk to kill for believing like him. I hardly slp fr one hour. Im so distrbd please Give me suggestion how can I cope up frm thz nightmare.
Mental illnesses refer to an extended range of health disorders related to the mental condition of an individual which affect the health, mood and behavior of that person. Depression, anxiety, eating disorders, addictive behaviors, schizophrenia, etc. are the different types of mental illnesses.
Mental illnesses can create a lot of trouble in the normal functioning of the day-to-day activities of a person's life. Here are some of the common treatment options available for relieving mental illnesses.
- Medications: Antidepressants, anti-anxiety medications, mood-stabilizing medications, antipsychotic medications are some general types of psychiatric medications prescribed by the doctor, which can be consumed depending on the condition one is going through. Although these medications do not cure the person completely, it helps in improving the condition.
- Psychotherapy: This type of therapy involves talking to a mental health provider about your condition and other related issues. In other words, it is also called talk therapy. It helps a person to cope up with his/her stress. The duration of such a treatment varies. It may either take a few months or even longer, if required. This therapy can be carried out in a group, with family members or even face to face with the therapist.
- Brain-stimulation treatments: When the medications and psychotherapies fail to work in treating mental illness, this treatment is applied. It involves procedures such as electroconvulsive therapy, transcranial magnetic stimulation, deep brain stimulation and vagus nerve stimulation.
- Hospital and residential treatment programs: In extreme cases of mental illness when a person becomes a threat to himself/herself, it is recommended that he/she be hospitalized to a psychiatric hospital.
- Substance abuse treatments: Substance abuse and mental illness go hand in hand. It worsens the condition of mental illness in an individual, if he/she cannot restrict the consumption of alcohol or drugs. In such circumstances, an individual needs to talk to the doctor regarding the treatment options for stopping substance abuse.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!