Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Papia DuttaYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor In which days I can make a gentle contact with my husband to avoid pregnancy. On 13 october my period had come. Please tell me, I am confused?
Bohat din se muje bhook nai lagti han muh mein jaisa pani pani hota han or vomiting jaise lagti han uske liye dawai leti hun raberzole+ dompeiodone par koi farak nai lag raha han mein kaunsi dawai luh mann bilkul nai lag raha han kuch khane ko.
When it comes to health, there is no taking a chance. Most of us are in the habit of storing some medicines at home, which could come in handy, say for a headache or an acidity attack. However, these often remain in the medicine kit for a long time before they are actually used. So, finally when the day arrives when there is an actual need for it, we are not sure if it is still usable. The one thing we dread is the use of a medicine, which is past its expiry date.
What if there is an adverse event? What if there is a complication or a side effect?
Then, if we are not in a position to get a fresh pill, we would rather endure the pain or acidity than pop that outdated pill. Is it really prudent to do so? I say otherwise. Most medicines have the expiry date to indicate the date or time, until when the drug would have the most potency and efficacy. Meaning to say, the drug may become weak (take longer to act or may require more of the drug to produce the same effect) when taken after the listed expiry date.
The truth is that most pharma companies list a date, which could be months, if not years, ahead of the actual expiry date. In reality, a drug never really expires. Most medicines can be used up to a few months after this date. Some medicines may even be useful after years of their expiry date.
It depends as to what the medicine is for:
- Painkillers are usually harmless to take beyond the expiry date. If there is no effect (even prolonged), then try to get a fresh one.
- Chronic medications like anti-hypertensives and anti-diabetic medications can be used up to a few months at the most, not beyond. Make sure to monitor readings to check for the efficacy. Often times, a greater dose may be required to get the desired effect, but this should not be done without medical supervision.
- Biologic products like EpiPen, eye drops or injectable substances should not be used, if they are cloudy. In fact, most of these should be kept for a very short period after opening.
- With any expired medicine, keep your doctor posted, especially your chronic meds to seek further advice and information.
The place and the way the drug is stored also may help in retaining its strength. A drug stored in the fridge is safer than something stashed away in a cupboard with a lot of other things. Keep these in mind, and take a call! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I am 6 weeks pregnant now. By mistake took 4 tbsp sucrafil tonic since I had extreme acidity and indigestion. Now I am tensed that it might affect my baby. Will 4 spoons of sucrafil at a time affect my baby?
In modern era we're gifted intense stress and professional pressures, the average diet mostly comprises of fast food. Street foods, packaged and processed foods along with unhealthy fast eating habits. Overloading and accumulating toxic or non toxic metabolites and overexposure to a pollution in almost in every system this disable the liver from performing its primary function of cleansing the toxic materials through the skin, the respiratory and the digestive system. Besides, this overexposure to toxins also disrupts core environment and normal mobility of intestine filled with gases, which hinders the absorption of necessary nutrients which are readily well digested n resulting in a severe disruption in health. Also, liver is responsible for the proper functioning of the eyes, the brain, the kidneys and the joints in the body. Thereby, it is necessary to include such foods in your diet which help to detoxify you from the excessive toxins and allow core n immune system to function properly.
Avocado: avocados contain a rich amount of the antioxidant glutathione, which helps the liver to fight against the toxins availing boost in winter.
Garlic: garlic contains a rich amount of selenium and allicin, which helps to cleanse the liver. A little amount of garlic helps in the activating liver enzymes which in turn helps to eliminate the toxins from the body.
Green tulasi /holy basil tea:&nbsp;green tea contains a rich amount of the plant antioxidant known as catechin, which help the liver to function properly. It also helps to protect the liver from the toxins.
Beets and carrots: beets and carrots contain a rich amount of beta - carotenes and plant flavonoids which help to regulate the overall function of the liver.
Turmeric: a little amount of turmeric in your daily meal helps in the cleansing the liver by helping the enzymes to get rid of the toxic carcinogens.
Green vegetables: green vegetables like spinach, bitter gourd and chicory contains a rich amount of detoxifying components, which helps in the neutralization of heavy metals which in turn regulates the cleansing ability of the liver. Green vegetables also help in the simulation of the flow of bile.
Grape (capsule shapped) fruit: grapefruits contain a rich amount of vitamin c and antioxidants which initiates the cleansing process of the liver. Grapefruits also help in the formation of enzymes that destroys toxins like carcinogens.
Warm buttermilk by adding carom/cumin seeds/black pepper it avails good intestinal mobility and gastric emptying time reducing bloating and water bashes.
1. Early scan at 6 weeks for confirmation of pregnancy with routine blood tests. (hb, blood group, hiv, hbsag, hcv, vdrl, urine routine examination).
Medicines- folic acid 5mg once a day and doxinate tablet three times a day for vomiting
2. At 11 to 13.6 weeks- dual marker test with nt nb scan.
If you have crossed 12 weeks and no vomiting constipation then start iron calcium and protein supplementation.
Diet consultation should be done.
3. At 16 weeks get your first tetanus toxoid injection as per who. Some may prefer taking later.
4. At 18weeks- anomaly scan to be done. And prenatal classes can be started.
5. At 20 weeks- 2nd tetanus toxoid injection.
6. At 22 weeks- fetal 2d echo, if you are suffering from diabetes, heart problem, hypertension, previous baby having anomalies etc.
7. At 24 weeks- fasting and post prandial blood sugar levels or dipsi test. (dipsi test can be done at first visit also)
8. At 28 weeks- routine ultrasound with colour doppler. Repeat blood investigations. Get yourself booked with hospital. Take fluvac if not taken previously.
9. At 32 weeks- visit your doctor for routine check up and discuss regarding hospital and delivery.
10. At 36 weeks repeat scan for growth, lie, presentation, and fetal wellbeing.
11. At 37 weeks- pelvic adequacy to check whether you can go for normal delivery. It helps obstetrician and patient in ruling out whether fetal head can pass through pelvis or not. And decision making regarding trial of labour. This is s poo specific for primi patients.
12.36 weeks onwards weekly nst should be done to check fetal heart monitoring.
This is standard protocol what we follow in practice. Others may vary or defer with it. Depending on different practice scenario and academic patterns.
All the best!
I'm noticing brown discharge since many days, I should have got my periods by this time but this brown discharge is coming out everyday. What would be reason? And how can I stop this?
My cousin is 18 years old and her breasts has not developed completely yet. She remains very conscious and tensed due to her body. She is very weak as well. Can you suggest any methods to help her? Will they grow as she has already turned 18 this year! please help!
I am suffering alot bcz of breast pain since 2 years. I get the pain nearly at the position of my heart. Please suggest.
Doctor Prescribed Fosavance 70 mg/5600 IU (Alendronic Acid (70 mg, Vitamin D3 (5600IU)) and told not to eat anything & sleep after taking it for 40 minutes. I want to know why such restrictions for taking this medicine?
Actually my wife is 20 years old I got married before 1 and half years but still their is a problem for playing intercourse. Actually my wife vagina have very small space and I had try to put my penis but very difficult. It not going inside suggest me what I will do thanks.
In a month how much time we should have sex with a partner and pls help in this. And while in pregnancy till which month w e should have sex with the partner.
I am 29years old suffering female, suffering from back pain since 4month. I am a breastfeeding mother. I applied pain relief ointments and anti inflammatory ointment not getting any relief. So kindly suggest any medical advice.
My friend had sex with 2 partners now she is not getting date from past two months n now her legs were filled with water and had throat infection from one week. N she also used tablets for 10 days to get date. Why is this problem happening and is this any disease.
If we have unprotected sex one week before the menstrual date, & if I did not get period till my date, is there any chances of getting pregnant. Kindly help.
Preconception care refers to the care that a woman should take before getting pregnant. This refers to all the procedures and measures to be taken by a woman before pregnancy for maintaining good health before giving birth. Good preconception care also ensures proper health of the to-be-born child. Seeking information about pregnancy is also a part of preconception care by which a woman can prepare herself better physically and emotionally before childbirth. Visiting doctors and health practitioners is a part of preconception care. The body is prepared for giving birth during preconception care.
Nutritional supplements during preconception care:
Certain nutritional supplements are recommended for women during this stage. Folic acid is an important vitamin which enables healthy growth and development of the baby. Folic acid reduces birth defects like spina bifida.
Other healthy supplements which a woman may require during preconception care include iron, zinc and calcium. A healthy, balanced diet and drinking a lot of water are also important.
Visiting a doctor is necessary during the preconception care. You will require a detailed physical health checkup and required guidelines from a health expert. Recommended blood tests include full blood count, testing of ferritin levels and testing for rubella. Urine tests and blood pressure checkup are also vital. You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
Moreover, several measures and steps must be followed by a woman. They include the following:
- Having a proper diet with sufficient water intake along with nutritional supplements is very important.
- A woman during preconception care should quit smoking or reduce the amount of smoking profusely.
- Large amount of caffeine should be avoided. A woman should consume less caffeine containing products such as coffee, chocolates or soft drinks.
- Alcohol should be avoided strictly as it may reduce the chance of pregnancy.
- Medication without recommendation of the doctor should be avoided. A woman should not use any medicine without being prescribed by the doctor.
- Contact with any kind of chemical should be avoided and natural, environment-friendly cleaning products should be used.
- Overheating of the body should be avoided, and a woman during preconception care should keep away from spas and saunas.
- A regular exercise schedule must be taken up for health benefits regarding pregnancy. Lack of working out may give rise to various health problems in women before pregnancy.
- Any kind of stressful activity should be abstained from, and a woman during preconception care should not lift heavy objects, which cause strain.
- Relaxation techniques should be practiced by a woman to keep mentally healthy.
A woman during the preconception care period should follow all required guidelines given by a doctor. Avid care of the body should be taken to ensure a healthy childbirth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Diet and lack of exercise are the two most important factors that contribute to obesity. While the modern day diet is becoming more and more full of fats, sweets and empty calories, it is becoming devoid of nutritious vitamins and minerals. The fibre content is also decreasing. One tends to stack up on junk food in an effort to take a quick bite while on the go. At the same time, physical activity is on the decline. One has increased access to vehicles and the need to walk or cycle is almost not present. Even for commuting short distances, one uses cars or two wheelers. All these things are readily contributing to this epidemic of obesity.
When it comes to getting rid of the excess fat, one needs to work conscientiously and consistently on both the counts mentioned above. One’s diet has to be altered so as to include more and more natural fruits and vegetables. Processed food and junk food should be cut down to the minimum. A daily exercise regimen needs to be adopted. Exercising for 30-40 minutes for a minimum of 5 days a week is necessary.
Homeopathy helps by regulating the metabolic system of the individual. There are more than 100 medicines listed in the homeopathic literature for obesity. It is a tough job selecting the right medicine for a particular patient. One needs to take into account a lot of things before selecting the right course of treatment. These things relate to other symptoms or conditions that may be present or the person may be suffering from. A lot of importance is given to the reason, if any can be found that stimulated weight gain. This reason could be a particular illness or an event or some psychological setback in life. The general reaction of the person to extremes of temperature, his or heating habits also need to be taken into account.
I have a doubt if my wife periods is missed and Incase if the egg are fertilize by sperm in that case if I had sex during missed periods time means will it create problem to pregnancy. Please give a clear answer.
Somatic symptom disorder is when you put so much focus on symptoms such as pain or fatigue that you have trouble functioning or experience severe emotional distress. You will be visiting the doctor a lot, completely unnecessarily and will waste a lot of money when you have no major health concerns. However, there are treatments, which can help you cope with this problem. Read further to find out what they are:
- Worrying excessively about an illness, which has not yet occurred
- Frequent health care visits
- Fear of physical activity damaging your body
- Fearing that the evaluation of doctors is not adequate
There are many more symptoms, which may indicate that you are suffering from somatic symptom disorder. However, the most important way of telling whether someone is suffering from somatic symptom disorder or not is to see whether the patient is overly worried about a physical problem, which has not yet occurred. One of the first steps in making sure that this does not happen is finding out what causes the problem and preventing it. Here are the causes of somatic symptom disorder.
Causes: As with other psychological disorders, the exact cause of somatic symptom disorder is not yet known. However, there are a number of factors which may increase the risk of it, such as:
- Genetic and biological factors: These as well as an increased sensitivity to pain are some of the factors, which you have no control over.
- Environment you grew up in: Just like the genes you have, the environment you grew up in and your family influence will have a major impact on whether you develop the condition as well.
- Problems processing emotions: When people have problems processing emotions, their physical symptoms seem like a bigger problem than they actually are.
Treatment: Luckily, there are treatments for this disorder as well, which include.
- Psychotherapy: Psychotherapy is the most common treatment used to help people with somatic symptom disorder.
- Medications: Since depression and pain often occur when a person is suffering from somatic symptom disorder, antidepressants can be given as well.