Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Pallav Ganguly
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Pallav GangulyYour feedback matters!
Moreover, both Ayurveda (the most ancient oriental medicine) and the Indian alternative medicine advice their followers to sleep on the left side. Wondering why?
The left side of the human body is considered to be the dominant lymphatic side. Most of your body’s lymph flows into the thoracic duct, which is located on the left side. In its way, the lymph carries proteins, glucose, other metabolites and waste material.
It is purified in the lymph nodes and later drained into the left part of the human heart
Dos 6 - 6. Do eat seafood
Seafood is loaded with vitamins and minerals, such as heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, and iron, which are important for both mom and baby. Unfortunately, undercooked or raw seafood can also cause some problems.
Hi, I was pregnant with my bf 3 months back and had undergone abortion. Now I am fine. But now parents are looking for a guy for my marriage. So just wanted to know that is there any problem if I get married or I have to wait. Do my future husband come to know about what happened in past. I still have relationship with my bf but I can't marry him.
Respected sir i am 26 age as i am getting period early.Actually i will get my period on 1st of every month but last month i had got my period on 1st and again on 26th of same month now in this month i had got my period on 20th i am very much worried plz give some sloution to my problem.This early period causes any cancers or it is due to harmonal imbalance plz clarify my doubt
I had sex with my bf for 3 days with protection condom today is 4th day nw tell me should I take ipill or what should I do now.
Most of us are affected by diseases, which spread through physical contact, but most of us do not consider it important to get them checked, due to which they turn into major ailments. Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) are infections, which are transmitted through any kind of sexual contact. The organism that causes the disease is transmitted from one person to the other during sex intercourse. Sometimes STDs can be asymptomatic (no symptoms or signs)
Here are some STDs that you should be informed about:
1. Gonorrhoea: Genital infection caused by bacteria is called gonorrhoea, its symptoms include
2. Chlamydia: Bacterial infection in the genital tract is called chlamydia. Chlamydia is usually difficult to diagnose, its symptoms include
- Pain during urination
- Pain in lower abdomen
- Vaginal discharge
- Painful intercourse
- Bleeding between menstrual cycles
3. Syphilis: The bacterium Treponema pallidum causes syphilis, its symptoms include
- Sores in the mouth, anus or vagina
- In later stages, it causes nerve and organ damage
- Small red bumps or ulcers in the anal, genital and other areas
- Itching or pain around the genital area, thighs and buttocks
- Small swellings in the genital area
- Bleeding during sex
6. Chancroid: Chancroid is a bacterial infection. The bacterium Haemophilus ducreyi causes chancroid, its symptoms include
- Development of red bumps on the skin folds covering the genitals
- Pain during urination
- Burning sensation during bowel movement
7. Ectoparasitic Infections: Ectoparasitic infections are caused by small parasitic bugs like mites or lice. The parasites usually affect the hair or skin. Scabies and crabs are common parasites that cause such infections. They both cause intense itching and visible rashes.
8. Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) and Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS): The virus that causes AIDS is called HIV. It can spread through blood, vaginal fluids, semen and breast milk. Unprotected sex or sharing needles with an infected person is how the disease spreads. It includes symptoms, such as
I am 17 years old and my girlfriend 18 years old .yesterday had sex she is in periods I only enter very small amount of sperm .should she get pregnant.
Sir my wife have pain in her privet part she go to wash room than she relaxed but after few minutes she also want to go washroom. She is 24 and have one son 16 months. Please help.
I am 26 years female. Happily married 3 years, no kids, 68 kg weight. Having irregularities in periods for last 6 months. Last 75 days no periods. Two times negative pregnancy test. We have regular daily sex. 7 days ago while having sex suddenly blood started oozing. However after cleaning it was dry again. Previously during periods I will bleed 3 to 5 days. 4 days ago I took primolut-n twice daily, morning and night, which was prescribed long back to me by a gynaecologist. She said it was due to overweight. But last two years my weight is constant with small difference. Before marriage I was 55 kg. 6 months after we will plan a baby. Thyroid test is also done. It is negative.
Your body is designed to move. It thrives on reaching, pushing, pulling, bending, climbing, and jumping. Your body grows stronger and your senses awaken when your muscles are pumping, blood rushes through your body, oxygen fills your lungs, and your mind is engaged.So whether you enjoy dancing, running, walking, gardening, athletics, or yoga, it’s important you do something that nourishes your body with the power of movement. This book is meant to help everyone get started with gentle stretches that can be stepping-stones to a more active lifestyle.
Flexibility is not a goal to be achieved and then forgotten. To maintain flexibility, you must continue to teach your body movements that push you to new heights. The information about what is best for your body can be overwhelming and difficult to decipher, but you can rise above the uncertainty by staying focused on three basic principles:
1. You are in charge of taking care of your body.
2. Your body needs good fuel, regular exercise, preventive maintenance, and lots of TLC.
3. If you listen to your body, it will tell you how well you’re doing so you can adjust your plan accordingly.
While there’s no doubt that flexibility is essential to mobility, balance, athletic performance,and injury prevention, it’s important to know what flexibility is. Flexibility is the ability to move a joint through its full range of motion (ROM).
Flexibility training shouldn’t be confused with simply stretching, though. Many times stretching is no more than a kind of“spot check” to see how well you’re moving, like lifting your heel to your buttocks just before going on a quick run.
Flexibility training, on the other hand, is the thoughtful art of putting together dynamic movements, static stretches, and other techniques you’ll learn here as a way to achieve maximum function and ROM in your joints.
Done properly, flexibility training will actually increase the elasticity of your muscles and the tendons that connect muscles to bones.Think of flexibility as the desired outcome and stretching as the means to achieve it.