Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pabitra Kumar BasuYour feedback matters!
I 25 years old girl. I am facing darkcircle under the eyes. So its looking so bad. Please suggest me how do it go out and finish?
I have dark circle on my face my skin is dark I want to remove my dark circle and want fair skin. And I have dark lips is there is any cream for pink lips.
Hello doctor I.m.23 years old. Doctor I speak hindi because it is very comfortable. Meri 2 years ki ek baby h.and 2nd pregnancy aa gayi hai. 8 month v ho gayi. H.pehle. Pregnancy ke dauraan stretch marks mere pet. Me.ho. Gaya.and jab pet kam hua then loose skin ho gaya tha. pehle baby cesarean se hua aur niche silayi ka daag bhi ho. Gaya h.uske liye kya karu. Very black stretch marks in my tummy. What precaution should I do doctor.
What is hypertrichosis?
Hypertrichosis is the excessive growth of hair, which is abnormal given for the person's age, sex, body area or race. This is different from Hirsutism in which women experience hair growth in areas that generally fall under the male pattern of hair distribution.
The commonest symptom of hypertrichosis is the development of excess hair in small isolated patches (localised hypertrichosis) or all over the body (generalised hypertrichosis). Some with this disorder may exhibit enlarged gums and defects of the teeth as well.
Types of hypertrichosis
Hypertrichosis may be congenital (present during birth) or acquired.
- Congenital hypertrichosis is generally caused by genetic mutations. It may affect men and women differently, and may even impact the whole body, covering one totally in hair or just in isolated areas such as the upper part of the body, face, elbows etc.
- Acquired hypertrichosis occurs post birth. Causes of it may include side effects of certain drugs, certain types of cancer and metabolic abnormalities. It may also occur due to trauma. This generally causes hair growth around or in the facial region such as the upper lip, chin and cheeks that may follow a certain pattern.
Causes of Hypertrichosis:
- Genes - Genetic mutations has been seen to affect the development of hypertrichosis.
- Cancer - It may develop in those suffering from cancers of some forms. This form of hair growth is also known as malignant down and generally affects the face.
- Malnutrition - Eating disorders affect the metabolism of a person, which might lead to the development of hypertrichosis.
- Drugs - Certain drugs have been found to cause hormonal imbalances, which can induce excessive hair growth.
- Injuries - Trauma such as head or cerebral injuries or exposure to certain chemicals may also cause hypertrichosis. Porphyrias, which are disorders affecting the skin and or nerves, may also lead to its development.
I have too many pimples on my face. And my colour is also dull. I want a clean and fair face. What should I do?
My face was so oily I can not handal this please help mi handal my oily skin end in my face black dots help mi clan black dots thanks.
I am male and age 21, height 5-5, weight 68. When I was born I am with medium colour but now my skin is dark in colour and I would like to lighten my complete body. Is there any medical procedure to lighten my skin without any side effects?
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but did not see any changes. What should I do?
If anybody is not getting good results in skin diseases, go for panchakarma treatment called raktamokshana.