Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Pabitra Kumar BasuYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old. I have face some problems, my face dogpots & jhaiya, so I want to improve me and my problem and I want to sussed me any antibiotics cream remove them. Thanks.
M getting more black marks and dots in my face and also black holes in face and pimples sometime. How to cure all this.
I am 15 years old , wheat coloured , my face was white but after long exposure to sunlight it became black, I tried many remedies like lots and lots of fruits but can't regain my fairness, I need a cream that works.
Hyperpigmentation on forehead and jawline also face suddenly started looking very dull want to know cause and treatment.
Doctor I got itching over my root of penis and some black pigmentation on skin over should and upper arm give me a remedy pls.
Dr. my lips are dark even I do not smoke or drink is there is any problem with health type issue? Coz my friends irritate me that you smoke and drink too again n again so please consult me.
In spite of several reminders about the ill-effects of smoking, you might still be an unperturbed chain smoker. Smoking is one vice that not only ruins the health of your heart, lungs and brain, but it also damages your skin. The changes smoking can bring about are usually gradual and hence we tend to overlook. A peek into the effects of smoking on your skin may curb your urge to smoke henceforth.
- Smoking increases chances of a scaly skin: You may not be aware that puffing cigarettes can make you develop a serious skin condition. Scaly skin or Psoriasis is an autoimmune skin disorder but the chances of contracting this disorder are increased with every pack of cigarettes you smoke. Psoriasis has severe impacts on the kind of life you live. It might lead to estrangement from friends and acquaintances, making you end up lonely and depressed. Studies reflect smoking a pack each day for twenty years at a stretch increases your risk of developing a scaly skin by sixty percent.
- Smoking leads to irregular sleep patterns: It is frequently noticed that despite a full night's sleep, a person feels tired and overworked. The reason could be a lack of nicotine during your hours of sleep. This lack makes you uneasy in bed. Lack of sleep is always evident in the quantity and quality of work a person does.
- Smokers can have bags under their eyes: Do you wonder why make- up tips fail in freshening up your appeal? It could be the result of your bad habit of smoking. Though dark circles and bags under eyes are not indicative of other essential problems, they do make you look exhausted and elderly. Instead of using cold compress to get rid of these bags, try quitting cigarettes.
- Smoking can cause persistent scars and bruises: Smoking prevents or rather delays the process of healing. Researches show how nicotine leads to vasoconstriction. It constricts the small blood vessels in different parts of your body prohibiting blood flow to these parts. Scars and bruises take a longer time to heal because the oxygen in your blood doesn't reach them.
- Smoking will make you lose your radiant skin: If you have a beautiful, glowing skin, prepare to bid farewell to that glow. An excess intake of nicotine deprives your skin of oxygen. Your skin looks dehydrated. Smoking also drains out important nutrients like vitamin C which is known for its effects against skin damage.
A healthy skin is the easiest key to the secret of looking pretty and confident. Quit smoking and experience the wonderful effects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Sir I have acne on my face and when pick it up it emits some white color thing it is not only on my face but also my neck and on my back red acne is their What should I do remove these acne from my face and fr9m my body what is the solution for it?
I sometimes get a twitch on my upper left cheek. Last couple of days this has been happening a lot. Sometimes the twitching is also on my calf or my arm skin. What can be he cause of this and what can I do for it?
Though most may not admit, all women have hair on their face and body. It is often masked by home remedies or clever make up tricks or frequent visits to the beauty salon. If you see a sudden spike in coarse or dark hair, especially on your face, it can be an embarrassing social condition. Here are some insights into the condition and what you can do to get rid of it.
Blame it on your hormones:
In most cases, you can easily blame this condition on your hormones. Male hormones called androgens are responsible for the development of certain 'manly' features like deepening of voice or production of sperm. And the one hormone behind all this is called testosterone.
But women produce testosterone too, albeit in smaller quantities. If, for some reason, this hormone's level increases in women, it leads to increased sex drive, irregular menstrual cycle and yes, excessive facial and body hair.
One of the main causes of high levels of male sex hormones in premenopausal women is Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), a condition which causes cysts to grow around the edge of the ovaries (the organs which produce eggs and sex hormones). PCOS also results in excessive hair growth, acne and weight gain.
Some women are stuck with this condition in the post menopause stage too, when the hormonal imbalance fails to rectify itself after menopause has passed.
Besides blaming it all on the hormones, here are some other causes you can explore:
a) Being obese (weight gain is a side effect of PCOS too, so this is a slightly tricky one)
b) Side effects from blood pressure medication
c) Hereditary condition: Blame your genes
d) Cushing's Syndrome or Acromegaly - rare hormonal disorders
e) An Ovarian tumor
Usually, cosmetic remedies are enough to get rid of unwanted or excess hair. So you may not have to go out of your way to handle this problem unless you have a special case. Most cases can be treated with
a) Shaving: Not the most womanly thing to do, but it is quick and easy. Mind the stubble between the shaves
b) Waxing: This is a pretty much standard procedure
c) Bleaching: Can work for areas you don't want to shave
d) Hair removal creams: Try and test out to see which one suits you
e) Laser treatment: A powerful beam of single color light is used to destroy the hair from its root
If you are not sure what to do with an excessive facial hair problem, consult our experts today for a quick and easy remedy.