Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P Chakraborty
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. P ChakrabortyYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am having swell under my eyes from about a year it's not that much but it is visible. I am having sinus, is it do to that?
Sir mujhe daad ki problems h mai pahle ring guard ya terbinaforce plus lagata tha to thi ho jata tha lekin is bar 15 days se daily use krne pr bhi thiknhi ho rha h aur ek hi jagah pr kai sare ho gye h please suggest me some medicines.
Dear Dr. please suggest medicine for permanent treatment of asthma ,when ever I suffer with cold after cold I feel asthmatic attack n Manny time in normal day I feel breathing problem it's my birth problem also pls suggest. A Dr. suggest me aerocort inhaler but I don't want to use that.
Hello doc. I delivered my baby on 11th Aug 2016 via forceps I want to know wen can I start gtng intimate again with my husband. Thanks in advance.
I am suffering from constipation since 5 days my bowels don't come out even after stimulation. What should I do.
Hii I am 23 years old how I can improve my digestive system. And take isabgol regularly 10gram a day is safe or not . Pls hep me out.
Hepatitis is an inflammatory condition of the liver, which may often progress to dangerous complications. There are many types of Hepatitis and each has its own particular set of causes, symptoms, mode of contraction and treatment procedures. Here are the main types of Hepatitis as well as some of the factors which may cause Hepatitis:
- Hepatitis A: Hepatitis A virus infection causes this condition. The Hepatitis A virus comes from food or water contaminated with the feces of someone contaminated with Hepatitis A. This is not a chronic form of Hepatitis.
- Hepatitis B: This is a chronic form of Hepatitis. It is spread through body fluid, such as blood, saliva and semen. The possible causes of Hepatitis B include use of drugs through injections, having sex with an infected partner and sharing razors or other intimate articles with someone who is infected.
- Hepatitis C: This is also a chronic form of Hepatitis.The most common causes of Hepatitis C are injection drug use or having sex.
- Hepatitis D: This is a not a chronic form of Hepatitis and is also very uncommon. It is usually contracted along with Hepatitis B. It is usually caused due to puncture wounds or contact with infected blood.
- Hepatitis E: This is the most uncommon form of Hepatitis. It is due to poor sanitation and ingesting fecal matter. It is usually found in developing countries.
- Virus: This is the usual way of contracting Hepatitis. The virus attacks the liver and causes inflammation leading to the breakdown of a number of body systems.
- Alcohol and other toxins: Alcohol and certain prescribed medications cause the liver to swell and that is why this form of Hepatitis is known as alcoholic Hepatitis.
- Autoimmune disease: This is the rarest cause of Hepatitis. The immune system malfunctions and begins destroying its own tissues. It attacks the liver because it perceives the liver to be a foreign object.