Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Obijit DasYour feedback matters!
My two teeth has been broken before one day with no reason teeth condition is good. What should I do now?
I am thinking for lasik surgery and I want to know does having an oral cavity affects lasik surgery or not? Please help with this at the earliest.
If you thought dental health could take a backseat amidst other demanding health problems, you surely haven’t experienced the unbearable pain of tooth cavities. Problems pertaining to your teeth could be many. From open nerve endings to weak and brittle teeth, anything could plague you. To take proper care of your teeth, you should visit your dentist frequently.
A few basic ways to maintain healthy teeth
- Pay heed to the kind of toothbrush you use: The kind of toothbrush you use plays a key role in discerning the health of your teeth. Many tend to use toothbrushes with hard bristles for brushing; this causes the enamel of your teeth to wear away. As a result, the dentine shows and a person reveals yellowish teeth every time he or she smiles. To soften the bristles of your toothbrush, you could wash it in lukewarm water prior to brushing.
- Certain food items should be strictly avoided: Junk food or packaged food is not just harmful for your overall health, but also for your teeth. Any food rich in starches or sugars can have acidic effects on your teeth enamel. Acids can corrode the enamel of your teeth. Hence, one should remember to consume food items that contain little amounts of sugar and starch. The reason why everybody around prohibited you from having too many chocolates as a child can be realized in the aforementioned point.
- Brushing and flossing routine: It is absolutely essential to brush your teeth twice daily. Flossing is what makes brushing effective. Many people are not aware of the right way to floss. Flossing should be done in a way so as to get rid of plaque that tends to settle down in between your teeth or right underneath your gums. The floss should be curved in the shape of a C for proper cleaning. Deposition of food particles when left to rot inside your mouth can cause graver problems other than bad breath.
- Give up your addiction: Smoking can kill the well-being of your teeth. It reduces the amount of blood circulated into a person’s mouth thus, making him or her more prone to the risk of oral cancers. Your chances of contracting periodontal diseases also increase when you smoke. So, healthy teeth and smoking can never go hand in hand.
- Never eat too many snacks: Eating in between meals or binge eating generally causes a lot of harm to your dental health. The more number of snacks a person intakes, the more is the concentration of sugar on his or her teeth. Care should be taken to eat four complete meals a day and less of snacks which are rich in sugar or carbohydrates. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
I have a problem with mouth ulcer. It will come twice a month. How to recover this one. I will very pain. Unable to eat or drink anything. Help me some recommend food to solve this and also future.
I have severe mouth ulcer last three days taking multivitamins and using ulcer gels frequently but not come down please advice.
I have to remove one of my rear side tooth due to decay. On removing it, it was found that the tooth next to it has a small black spot on it. Do I need RCT. Please advise.
Hello doctor I'm rutvik. Meri maa age 62 unko previous year se continue muh mai chhale yaa rahe hai. Unhone doctor se medicines le par uska kuch fayda nahi hyua. Unke tounge ke aagle sire par, tounge ke dono side aur gaal ke ander bhe chhale pad gaye hai. Abhi vo kuch khana bhi nahi kha saktei. Meri maa aayrvadic doctor se medicines leti hai unka bhi kuch phyda nahi hyua phir unhe use doctor ne jo ki aayrvadic aur allopathic hai unhone kuch ejections ka dose diya tab unke chhale kum huye par abhi kuch dino mai vo phir se bahot bad gaye hai. Hum mai lagta hai ki shyaad blood mai kisi important element ki kami ho, ya phir kisi chez ka infection kya aap krupa kar ke hamari help kijiye. I hope you will help us.
Hi doc's! I don't know what is happening in my gums. Its become red and I am not able to eat little bit of spicy food. Please suggest.
Is the taste of ice cream or a sip of hot coffee sometimes a painful experience for you? Does brushing or flossing make you wince occasionally? If so, you may have sensitive teeth.
Possible causes include:
Tooth decay (cavities)
Worn tooth enamel
Exposed tooth root
In healthy teeth, a layer of enamel protects the crowns of your teeth—the part above the gum line. Under the gum line a layer called cementum protects the tooth root. Underneath both the enamel and the cementum is dentin.
Dentin is less dense than enamel and cementum and contains microscopic tubules (small hollow tubes or canals). When dentin loses its protective covering of enamel or cementum these tubules allow heat and cold or acidic or sticky foods to reach the nerves and cells inside the tooth. Dentin may also be exposed when gums recede. The result can be hypersensitivity.
Sensitive teeth can be treated. The type of treatment will depend on what is causing the sensitivity. Your dentist may suggest one of a variety of treatments:
Desensitizing toothpaste. This contains compounds that help block transmission of sensation from the tooth surface to the nerve, and usually requires several applications before the sensitivity is reduced.
Fluoride gel. An in-office technique which strengthens tooth enamel and reduces the transmission of sensations.
A crown, inlay or bonding. These may be used to correct a flaw or decay that results in sensitivity.
Surgical gum graft. If gum tissue has been lost from the root, this will protect the root and reduce sensitivity.
Root canal. If sensitivity is severe and persistent and cannot be treated by other means, your dentist may recommend this treatment to eliminate the problem.
Proper oral hygiene is the key to preventing sensitive-tooth pain. Ask your dentist if you have any questions about your daily oral hygiene routine or concerns about tooth sensitivity.