Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Obijit Das
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Obijit DasYour feedback matters!
Hi, there are thin black lines developing near my gums. Earlier it was only below one tooth but now it has spread to adjacent teeth as well. Please advise what steps shall I take to get rid of this?
My mouth is getting closed slowly as I used to chew tobacco it is possible to get back to normal again ?
Hi I am suffering from situation like OLP. It looks like mouth ulcers. I have full white patches inside the cheeks. I couldn't eat anything spicy or salted. Please guide me doctors.
I have a gum reducing problem. Till I noticed it. It was late. Now the condition is. I hav a whole on the right side of my gum above molar teeth. My front gums are down badly. My dentist came up with a conclusion that it was because of wrong way of brushing. I followed the way they showed me. Of strokes. Up and down. But that doesn't seem to stop the problem. Kindly advice is something over it. And also it is possible to regrow the gums?
I am 18 years old boy and I have never smoked or consumed any sort of tobacco product but I still have brown stains on my front teeth of lower jaw and it looks awful I have these stains since I was 13. And also my teeth often get covered with a smelly white layer. What is the reason of those brown stains? How can those stains be removed? How can I stop the formation of that smelly white layer on my teeth?
I have been facing problem of gums bleeding from 1 week please tell me any home remedies to stop it quick. I have shown it to doctor also but its getting stop.
Mild to severe tooth pain can turn out to be debilitating and damaging condition if it is persistent. Also, the pain can spread to the rest of the head and give you an uncomfortable ache and tingling sensation all day long. So what are the causes behind tooth pain? Here's our list!
- Tooth Decay: The presence of food debris that has not been cleaned out can stay on and cause cavities and persistent tooth pain. This condition can also make the teeth extra sensitive and pain then emanates as a natural response to signify that all is not well in the area. This can also lead to sharp pain when bite an apple or munch on nuts. One must see a dentist for this kind of pain so that scaling and plaque removal can take place.
- Injury: If there is persistent, throbbing pain after eating something that is too hot or too cold, then it might be more than mere tooth sensitivity. This condition could also point at chipped, broken or cracked teeth due to excessive teeth grinding or a fall or accident. It could also be caused due to sports injury. The dentist will usually take a dental X ray to find the cause of the pain and to unravel the extent of the damage as well.
- Inflammation: Constant pain may also point at inflammation of the pulp. This may be caused due to damaged roots. If this kind of inflammation comes with bleeding and fever, then you must see a dentist immediately. It can also mean that the pulp or root of the tooth is dying, in which case a root canal may be required.
- Sinus: A dull ache in the sinus area of the upper teeth usually point at sinusitis, which is a condition that emanates due to pain in the nerves of that area. This pain can also happen due to cold and cough as well as an allergic attack that affect the facial muscles due to excessive sneezing and watering of the eyes. Also, a flu and fever can lead to this kind of pain.
- Infection: Inflammation along with fever and bleeding can also point at infection. This can render the complete pulp tissue damaged. Also, the growth of abscess in such cases can cause acute tooth pain. The dentist will usually diagnose the issue with a tooth X ray before prescribing antibiotics and carrying out a root canal for severe cases.
Persistent toothache with other symptoms should always be checked by a dentist so as to rule out long term damage that can result in tooth loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.