Lybrate.com has top trusted Pathologists from across India. You will find Pathologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pathologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. NirupamYour feedback matters!
I have persistent pain moving throughout my body. What could be the reason and suggests possible solution.
Joint pain is a very common problem with many possible causes - but it's usually a result of injury or arthritis.
1. Pain in just one joint like knee joint. It can be due to osteoarthritis. It is quite common in older people but it can sometimes affect younger people, especially those who are overweight or those who have had serious injuries to the joint in the past.
2. Pain in many joints, most commonly the hands, feet and wrists. It can be due to rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, viral infection that causes arthritis.
The knee joint is particularly vulnerable to damage and pain because it takes the full weight of your body
Respected sir/mam, I'm getting frequent fever and throat infection followed with body pain, headache and weakness, almost since last 2-3 year I get this every 40-50 days, I don't smoke cigarette but do hookah kind of once or twice a week. I have consulted general physician or ent but most of the reports are normal and they give a course of antibiotic medicine usually. Please help and and suggest appropriate treatment. Thank you.
I have full body pain and this problem increasing day by day. I have taken medicine but not relief please tell me solution?
Hi, I'm a 21 years old male the problem is that I've pain in my body basically most of the joints sections like upper middle back, legs, shoulder, neck and feel numbness and indigestion. Please recommend me some solution so I can heel my body.
Hi. I am 23 year male. I did push ups exercise in my childhood, so I am feeling very uncomfortable and feel pain always in my body. My arm has become bulky and muscular which I don't like. I did push ups by mistake. Please help me, how can I get slim and tanned natural arm. Due to this I am feeling very stress.
Hi sir ,i want to join indian arny so I daily use to run 5 kilometer . I hav just started to run before some days so I get pain in my whole body and when I just stop running I cant breath properly it just like to my lungs get busted. Is all should be normal and I hav lack of stamina how it all should be maintained , sir by any how I want to join indian army please help me ,any medical help or physical or any powder in meal . What should I hav to take in meal in these day.
Hi, I have problem of my body pain I have to much pain on my back I used medicine and tube but no benefit please consult what I do?
I am facing some stomach disease. Acidity acid reflection headache and body ache. Please solve my disease I am suffering from 3 years. I tried allopathy homeopathy and ayurvedic but my problems not solve. please remove my disease with medicine.
A nagging achy pain in the shoulder is something that all must have experienced, especially aged people. Some choose to ignore it while for others, the pain may be so debilitating that it interferes with daily routine considerably. Making an appointment with an expert orthopedic doctor should be your priority. Meanwhile, here are some easy to follow tips to manage shoulder pain:
- Applying ice- Shoulder pain is normally caused due to inflammation of the tendons, and since ice is the natural reliever of inflammation, you can get some relief with the application of ice. It can slow down blood flow to the affected region and thereby reduces the pain. You should apply ice for about 20 minutes and try to keep your shoulders at an elevated position.
- Paying attention to the neck- It is no surprise that the shoulders and neck are closely positioned, and they always have an impact on each other. Sometimes, shoulder pain is caused by neck pain, and both of them can be relieved by practicing gentle neck stretches at home. You should also replace old mattress and pillows and opt for thicker pillows for the desired level of support.
- Keeping the elbow by your side- This could aid to your aching shoulders. You may use an armrest or arm sling in case of extreme pain in the shoulders. But it is worthy of mention here that using this equipment for long hours is not at all recommended.
- Relieving stress- The most effective means of treating shoulder pain is to get to the root of the problem. Stress may be the cause of your shoulder pain, and therefore, you should allow some rest to the shoulder by refraining from exercise and physically strenuous activities. You should also try to review your daily activities such as sleeping positions, motions, and habits that may have an adverse impact on the shoulders.
- Warming up- You may use a heating pad to keep the shoulders warm and do some gentle exercise if it doesn’t cause any discomfort. This will warm up the muscles for a wide range of activities and improve circulation.
- Strengthening the rhomboids- The muscle located in between the shoulders is termed as rhomboids. These muscles are essential for normal shoulder movements, and it is important to keep them stronger to hold the shoulders in the right position and support the weight of the arms and perform pushing and pulling effectively.
Experiencing shoulder pain is an issue, but with these effective measures targeted at relief, you may manage it easily and take part in all the activities that you love to. In case the ache persists, it is imperative that you visit an ortho specialist to avail proper treatment.