Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Nirmal DasYour feedback matters!
Hi I am pregnant, having allergy with ceflox-oz. My child will also get dat allergy after birth. Kindly rpl.
Lignocaine hydrochloride gel can we use during the sex in vajaina, we are newly married couple. Please tell me.
I am 24 years old. My beta hcg report is as follows: Test name - SBHCG (Beta Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin) Value - <0.100 Unit - mIU/mL EXPECTED VALUES 0-5: Non pregnant women and men Pregnant women weeks of gestation Week range 3-4 9 - 130 4-5 75 - 2, 600 6-7 4000 - 100, 200 7-12 11, 500 - 289, 000 12-16 18, 300 - 137, 000 16-29 1, 400 - 53, 000 29-41 940 - 60, 000 10th 46309 - 186977 Is it positive?
I am a 18 year old girl. I am having my periods once in every 15 days. It happened a few months ago for 3-4 time then it went back to normal but now it's been happening again. (3rd time in a row). Also I'm not a very physically active girl. I don't play any sport or exercise. My stamina is quite low but I do eat normally. My weight is 48 kgs. I am really worried about this please help.
I'm 20 weeks pregnant and at this time it is found in my ultrasound report that I have low placenta. Now what problems may I face?
26years marage Im 46 age Wife 42 age No child Iwant ask about (ivf-icsi &pgd )cost From me and my wife no donor And success rate Thanks
I am 21 years old, I have missed my maturation date. Its ordinary comes on 21 but this month it came on 31, while it also had happened before 2-3 year. That time it had missed for 1 Or 2 month. But after that it came normally. Now I am worry that sudden gap.
Hello doctor today is my intercourse day, and I check ovulation kit it's showed that c line is dark and t line is light, tell me the egg released and got over or egg going to release please help me thank you waiting for your reply.
I have irregular menstruation, my period comes twice in one month. What should I do? I'm 25 year old.
I got my period 2 times in a month (31st march then on 15 april) within a gap of 10 days and also last year my periods were regular for some months and coming late in some months. Also last year I was tested for thyroid, blood sugar and pcos (ultrasound) but nothing showed in the report. please suggest is anything wrong.
I m 31 yr old women trying to conceive pregnancy. My periods cycle is 34 sometime 36 days. In this month before 14 days done IUI. After that some pain feel in my left side and today those pain is more feel. My periods date is near. So I am confused. this pain is for pregnancy symptoms or periods symptoms.
Hello sir/madam. I am sudha age 26 years. I am participated sex from last 3 months. I have one child age 6 years. I have a knob to prevent pregnancy. I am participated in sex. Before 2 months every month I got periods. From last month I didn't have periods. What is the problem? I have checked pregnancy test last 2 weeks back it gives negative. W hat is the problem for periods. My personality is slim. Give me suggestions. Thank you.
I am 22 year old n I am now 2 months pregnant. Yesterday suddenly I bleeding started n I went through hospital they said baby is not fully grown n heart heartbeat also low n it will cause abortion. Is this condition serious please suggest me some tips to make my baby healthy. I want my baby healthy please reply me plz.
Intercourse was done for about 5 days including today without any protection and the semen had been intake. I have an irregular period as well and there was a sudden flow of blood yesterday night. What could be the reason. It wasn't my period I guess because after that bleeding stopped. What's the reason for bleeding and is there chances of getting pregnant. I get white discharge from inside and I guess it's the semen. If I could get pregnant when will I be able to find out. What's the accurate way and what's the reason for bleeding.
During my first sex my seal was not broken or may be it was already broken but I did not do sex earlier. What was the reason.
Intrauterine devices or IUD are T shaped contraceptive devices. These contain levonorgestrel or copper and are inserted into the uterus. IUDs are considered to be one of the most effective birth control measures and also they are reversible (meaning it can be removed whenever a need arises). The copper IUd has a failure rate of 0.8%, while the levonorgestrel IUD has only had 0.2% failures till now. As per a report in 2007, IUDs are used by more than 180 million users all over the world.
What you should know about Intrauterine devices:
- Types of IUDs: There are 2 types of IUDs Copper and Hormone: Copper IUD is considered to be the conventional form of the contraceptive. It is T shaped with strings and is inserted into the uterus by a doctor. It can remain in the body for three to five years. Minera is a known brand of the hormone IUD. It contains low dose of hormone progestin and releases the same when inserted in the uterus. This is also T shaped and has strings. This can be left for three years.
- Pelvic infections are not caused by IUDs: There is a belief that IUDs cause pelvic infection but this is not true. The strings of the new IUDs are very thin and they do not cause any pelvic infection even if a person is suffering from a sexually transmitted infection (STI). Though there might be a slight risk of infection when the IUD is inserted and in the first 20 days, but that also dissolves soon.
- IUD can be used at any age: Earlier IUDs were not recommended for women who had never got pregnant. However, now anyone can use these irrespective of being pregnant or not. It is very safe for all age groups from teenagers to women involved in active sex to women post menopause.
- IUD is as effective as getting a tubal ligation: It is believed that Minera is 99.4% effective while sterilization (tubal ligation) is 99% effective in preventing a pregnancy. Ligation is considered to be a permanent birth control solution, while IUDs can be reversed.
- IUDs do not cause infertility: It was believed that a STI would creep into the pelvis through the string of the IUD and cause infertility but this is not so. Though a STI can cause infertility but the IUD has no role in the same and does not contribute or worsen the infection.
- Hormonal IUD have less side effects than birth control pills: Breast tenderness, acne, and bleeding for a short time may persist for the initial 3-4 months in case of hormonal IUDs. The copper IUD lead to cramping and heavy flow during menstruation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.