Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Nipa GandhiYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I am having white patchy lesions in my mouth which us responsible increased sensitivity towards spicy food and I'm not able to eat even little spicy foods. Some doctors said that it is oral lichen planus. But it is auto immune disorder and can't be treated. Pls help with proper medications and prevention.
Hello Sir my father is 67 years old. He has no teeth and need best solution in economy cost. Please suggest.
There is problem in my teeth. and between my teeth there is a cavity that's why some times it pain a lot and food is also filled into it so how can I resolve it to save my teeth and get the relief for this problem.
My tooth starts paining when I eat anything cold or hot after root canal treatment is there any remedial measure for this. If there please give me suggestion.
I have lot of blister/sore in mouth. This is done in my mouth one month in 3 time. What should I do?
Ulcer problem every time in my mouth ulcer is observed after tongue n cheek cut by my teeth those place ulcer make.
I am having problem with my jaw and when I eat hard something hard then, my jaw pains a lot so please give me a solution for that.
I am suffering from a fear of getting HIV infected from smooching. I smooched many girls but couldnt remember whether any of them have bleeding gums. Recently a month ago I had a hiv test. The cut off index was 0.13.again after 20 days tested the result came 0.12.My question is that two month ago I smooched a girl. I dnt know whether the girl is infected. Can you please say whats the chance of getting hiv infected in my case. Since I smooched dat girl 2 months ago. And tested after a month. The result was 0.12. Is this a psychological or logical problem?
It's a myth that since a child's milk teeth are bound to fall off, they don't require any special care or dental treatment. Several researches and studies have proved that any decay or damage to a child's milk teeth leads to problems that affect the permanent teeth as well. Also, a mother's improper dental hygiene during pregnancy proves to be harmful for the developing baby. Here are some useful tips if you're planning a baby or if you already are a proud mother of one!
- Your dental health also contributes to your overall health. Just like you pay regular visits to your Gynaecologist during pregnancy, make sure you also find yourself a friendly, neighbourhood dentist to take care of yours and your child's teeth.
- The hormonal upsurge during pregnancy casts its effects on your gum health too. This leads to increased inflammation and plaque build-up in your oral cavity resulting in gazillions of bacteria in your mouth. What goes in your mouth, goes inside your body too. All these bacteria are transferred through the blood stream to your baby resulting in the following ill effects:
- Preterm babies with low birth weight
- Increased risk of premature delivery
- Gum bleeding
- Do not defer your dental treatment. Most dental treatments can be safely done during the second trimester. Any emergency dental problem can be taken care of after obtaining a consent from your gynaecologist.
- First visit, first tooth. The first milk tooh appears at 6 months of age and that's when you need to schedule your baby's first appointment with the dentist. Keep your kid's gum pads clean by wiping them with a clean wet gauze pad or wash cloth after every feeding. Start brushing your child's teeth with a kid-sized toothbrush when milk teeth begin to erupt. Don't let your child sleep with sweetened milk bottle or pacifier in the mouth.
- Be a role model. Overcome your own apprehensions related to dentistry and inspire your children to take care of their oral health. Good dental habits need to be taught at an early age. Monitor your kid's toothbrushing till 8-9 years of age. Teach them the importance of regular dental visits.
Follow these useful tips and pass on a healthy legacy to your child. A mother always wants to give the best of everything to her children and what's better than a healthy smile.