Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Diabetologists in India. You will find Diabetologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Diabetologists online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nilendu Sarma
Submit a review for Dr. Nilendu SarmaYour feedback matters!
I m 28 years old. I m already diabetic patient. Mother to coming this problem. But she is death. Type one sugar to me because how to permanent clear this problem.
My mother is type 2 diabetic and asthma and mentally disturbed means she has doubts about his her husband and his son (ie. About me) and also daughter-in-law etc who are they sex with others without relation and age also, she is thinking that she is only good all are bad. Now she is taking human mixtard 40 insulin 20 ml morning and night 15 ml for doctor suggestion. While she is using homeopathy medicine to control diabetic and mental stress by homeo doctor.(what medicine I don? t know) what it may be I want good solution to control all problems sir. Respected sir, her age may be 63 years my mother diabetic reports on 08/04/2015 which are pbs -126 mg/dl pibs-306 mg/dl bp-120/70 hba1c -12.0%(your mean blood glucose is 345 mg/dl) medicine humanmixtard 40iu and glucomet-500 mg afternoon, supporting medicine is homeopathy, glycomect500 which is not using regularly and she is also take medicine irregurly.
I am 59 years and not having any ailments. BP & Sugar are normal (reference-- 4 months back pathology report). Frequently I am feeling sleepy during the day time. @ 11.00 am and @ 2.00 pm and even in the evenings also. I get sound sleep at night from 11.00 pm to 5.15 am.
Please suggest how to Control type 2 diabetes Which is better medicine Ayurvedic, Homeo or English Medicine suggest me.
Diabetic neuropathy is a nerve disorder caused by diabetes. The high blood sugarfrom diabetes affects the nerves and over time increases a person's risk for nerve damage. Keeping blood sugar levels within the target range recommended by your doctor helps prevent diabetic neuropathy.
Types of Diabetic Neuropathy:
Diabetic neuropathy can be classified as Peripheral, Autonomic, Proximal, or Focal. Each affects different parts of the body in various ways...
Autonomic neuropathy affects the nerves that control involuntary body functions such as digestion, bowel and bladder function, sexual response, and perspiration. It can also affect the nerves that serve the heart and control blood pressure, as well as nerves in the lungs and eyes. Autonomic neuropathy can also cause hypoglycemia unawareness, a condition in which people no longer experience the warning symptoms of low blood glucose levels.
Proximal neuropathy causes pain in the thighs, hips, arms, or buttocks and leads to weakness in the legs and hands, resulting in difficulty in walking, standing, picking up objects, buttoning your clothes, etc.
Focal neuropathy results in the sudden weakness of one nerve or a group of nerves, causing muscle weakness or pain. Any nerve in the body can be affected.
How Diabetes Causes Damage to the Nervous System?
There are several factors that are likely to contribute to nerve damage through diabetes...
- High blood glucose, a condition associated with diabetes, causes chemical changes in nerves. These changes impair the nerves' ability to transmit signals.
- High glucose levels affect many metabolic pathways in the nerves, leading to an accumulation of a sugar called sorbitol and depletion of a substance called myoinositol. These changes are the mechanism that causes nerve damage. Nitric oxide dilates blood vessels. In a person with diabetes, low levels of nitric oxide may lead to constriction of blood vessels supplying the nerve, contributing to nerve damage.
- Presence of mechanical injury like carpal tunnel syndrome in a diabetic patient worsens its symptoms and prognosis
- inherited traits increase susceptibility to nerve disease
- lifestyle factors, such as smoking or alcohol use
- Numbness, burning sensations, tingling, or pain in the toes, feet, legs, hands, arms, and fingers
- Either hypersensitivity to touch or insensitivity, even to hot and cold temperatures
- Weakness in muscles and loss of reflexes
- indigestion, nausea, or vomiting
- diarrhea or constipation
- dizziness or faintness due to a drop in blood pressure after standing or sitting up
- problems with urination
- Changes in gait and balance
- Injuries that are taking longer to heal and are more prone to infections
Prevent Diabetic Nerve Damage:
Keeping your blood sugar levels in your target range, set with your doctor, may help prevent nerve damage from ever developing. The best way to do this is by checking your blood sugar and adjusting your treatment. It is also important to get to and stay at a healthy weight by exercising and eating healthy foods.
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
Diabetes but now its normal I am under weight want to gain weight my age is 28 height 168 and weight is only 50.
A healthy diabetic diet can incorporate any sustenance with some restraint, the length of it permits you to keep your blood sugar levels inside target. Notwithstanding, 'control'might be hard to apply to a few foods in light of their high starch content. A few foods likewise appear to trigger longings or advance indulging. In the event that you have diabetes, it might be best to abstain from eating these foods, to avert issues with your blood sugar that could bargain your health.
1. Candy: One needs to avoid a number of confectionary items as they are high in sugar content, such as candy, cookies and syrups etc. Yet these below quality starches likewise cause an emotional spike up in the blood sugar levels and can add to weight increase, both of which can exacerbate diabetes confusions. Figure out how to fulfill your sweet tooth by nibbling on top notch starches, for example, crisp organic product.
2. Pretzels: Pretzels have a healthy picture, yet a look at the fixings list uncovers that their wholesome notoriety is horribly undeserved. Almost every brand is produced using the same fundamental fixings:
White flour (wheat flour that has been stripped of its supplements and fiber), yeast, salt, vegetable oil, corn syrup. It's conspicuous from its not very impressive fixing list that this prevalent nibble is basically without sustenance.
3. Nibble pastries and cakes: It's regular learning that snacks that are packaged and heated products are stacked with sodium, sugar, white flour as well as additives. Their perilous combo of refined flour and sugar spikes blood sugar as well as advances irritation, which meddles with insulin's capacity to work legitimately.
4. Bacon: Notwithstanding entire fat dairy foods, greasy or marbled cuts of meat additionally convey a powerful measure of soaked fat, which starts aggravation in the body and prompts different symptoms.
5. Milk: For those with diabetes, a diet high in immersed fat can decline insulin resistance. Keep entire milk out of the ice chest and get 1% (low-fat) or skim (nonfat) milk. Additionally, attempt your best to maintain a strategic distance from other entire milk dairy items like cream, full-fat yogurt, normal cheddar and cream cheddar; rather, pick their decreased fat partners at whatever point conceivable.
6. White Bread: Refined starches in white rice, white bread, and any structured with white flour and white pasta, act a great deal like sugar one time in the human body begins to process them. Thusly, much the same as sugar, refined starches meddle with glucose control and ought to be stayed away from by those with diabetes.
7. French Fries: Trying too hard on oily, signed foods can prompt weight pick up and wreak devastation on the blood sugar you have. Potato chips, French fries, and doughnuts happen to be especially terrible decisions for diabetics since they're made with carb-substantial, dull fixings, which can bring about levels of blood glucose level for shooting up.
8. Natural product juice: While entire fruits are a healthy, fiber-rich starch choice for diabetics, the same can't be said for organic product juice.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!