Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Nidhi NihalYour feedback matters!
Do whitening toothpastes whiten teeth more than regular toothpaste is it safe to microwave food in plastic containers?
Can metrogyl gel USP 2% be used to cure tongue ulcer. Because after its application I feel a bit sluggish and can stand the gel on my tongue.
I am 33 years old and my upper front teeth are have gaps in between, and also one was broken replaced with ceramic one it has become pale yellow, kindly suggest treatment and cost also.
Doctor, Mai jab kuch meetha khati hu to mere left side ke upar vale teeth me continue 1-2 hour tak dard hota hai.
Plaque is a film that forms over the teeth. This film is sticky in nature and it is also colorless. It is formed due the presence of bacteria and materials secreted by the bacteria. Plaque has the potential to damage the enamel of the tooth. If plaque is not treated within a reasonable amount of time, then it becomes hard in texture and causes even more damage.
Reasons that cause plaque:
1. Failure to brush every day: This is the chief reason behind the formation of plaque. Teeth must be brushed twice every day in order to keep them clean and healthy. If food particles remain stuck in the groves of the teeth, they can lead to many problems, like cavities and plaque. Each area of the teeth should be cleaned with a suitable toothbrush. The insides of the teeth should not be neglected.
2. Failure to floss every day: Flossing is unfortunately not so common in India. Brushing helps to keep the teeth clean overall but it does not reach some of the spaces between the teeth. Flossing is therefore required to make sure that the plaque on the gum line and other problematic areas are removed.
3. Excessive consumption of sweet and sugary food: Foods like cakes, muffins, sweetmeats, cold drinks, ice creams etc contain carbohydrates which the bacteria tend to feed on. In the process of creating the film of plaque, they turn the sugar into acid, which causes damage to the tooth. Such foods should, therefore, be avoided as they cause plaque.
4. Avoiding natural foods that improve teeth: There are many natural foods which keep teeth healthy. Failing to include such foods in one's diet could lead to the formation of plaque. Fruits and vegetables like guava or carrots can serve this purpose.
5. Failing to visit the dentist regularly: Since dentists are experts when it comes to taking care of death, everyone should make sure to get dental checkups regularly. Even if one flosses and brushes regularly, plaque may still form. A dentist should be consulted regularly to check if any such formation has occurred. Failure to this may cause the formation of even more plaque and more damage.
Related Tip: The Chemistry between Calcium and Teeth?
Hi. I am VENU GOPAL. After preparing brushing also my tooth appears to be in yellow colour. In order to get rid of this and make my tooth white. What should I do. Please do suggest me?
Actually today I was in date with my girlfriend and we were kissing each other and then suddenly my says me that from your mouth had smell is coming.
How to protect my teeth from germs, how can I improve my teeth color according to white like a cute baby. How can I care about my hair also?
I am having a pain in my back tooth region I consulted dentist for which he said its because of wisdom tooth and advised to remove it. I just want to know is there any treatment a can save my tooth.
This is my 14today after removal of my wisdom tooth on right side lower. I had pain and little bit of swelling for 3 days and subsided after that. My question: I can see the hole .and I am scared of it going into a dry socket. How long will the hole heal and disappear.
Sir, it has been a month I shifted to kuwait. Nd now I have Deep line opposite side of cheek inside the mouth between upper and lower teeth, it is paining hard and unable to open mouth comfortably. So please help me out wht I have to do.
I am 24 year old male. I have problem in my teeth. There are some black spots on teeth. So please help.
Hi, My uncle eats Rajanigandha everyday, hence now on both the wall of his mouth he has got wounds due to which he is unable to eat properly. Can you please suggest a Doctor/hospital where I can take him for the treatment. This is urgent. Kindly help.
While you might think that you are on track by brushing twice a day, but just doing that may not be enough. If your technique is not right or if you are using the wrong type of toothbrush, you are making your teeth vulnerable to infections and decay.
Here are the common brushing mistakes that can harm your teeth:
1. You do not brush long enough
The single most common mistake that people make while brushing is not brushing long enough. If you want to thoroughly clean your teeth, you should brush for almost 2 minutes. Experts suggest that most of the people with gum diseases did not brush their teeth for sufficient amount of time. Try using an electric toothbrush with a timer to ensure that you brush for 2 minutes.
2. You miss the important sites
Missing important areas of your mouth while brushing your teeth is also a common brushing mistake. Brushing should involve devoting an equal amount of time to all areas, targeting the inside, outside and chewing surfaces of your teeth, along with your gums, tongue and the roof of your mouth. Most people do not think consciously while brushing, making it easy to skip the vulnerable sites.
3. You use too much of paste
Using too much of toothpaste will not make your teeth cleaner. On the contrary, it might make you brush for a shorter span since too much of foam in your mouth can make you uncomfortable. For children, a small swipe on a toothbrush is enough and for adults, a pea-sized or marble-sized amount is more than sufficient.
4. You brush too hard
You may think that the more pressure you apply while brushing, the better it is. But that is not the case. Aggressive brushing can actually cause the gum tissue to come away from your teeth, leading to swollen gums and even bleeding. It can also result in tooth sensitivity or even loose teeth. Experts recommend that you should use a soft bristled toothbrush. Soft bristles tend to be gentle on your teeth and will flex more under the gum line, which leads to a more thorough cleaning.
5. Your technique is wrong
Brushing your teeth is not a race that you need to finish in time. By taking long, crude and haphazard sweeps back and forth, you are only going to harm your teeth. Concentrate instead on small areas at a time and brush gently in a circular motion. When you are at the gum line, remember to keep your bristles at an angle of 45 degrees and always brush away from the gums.
So, it is high time you change these brushing habits and adopt healthy dental practices for plaque free and healthy gums and teeth. Stay healthy, stay happy!