Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Neeraja ReteriaYour feedback matters!
Mam meri eyes mai black & white spots aate hai aankho ke samne , mai 2 saal se dava karawa raha hu par koi fark nhi padta ye , badh rahe hai roz mai baut parehshan hu , what can i do please tell something,
My eyes becoming red day to day. And small yellowish liquid from my eyes is falling and my eyes is paining a lot. Please help with you help.
Sir what is the solution for Myopia short sight -2, I am worn eye glass from 3-4 years. But not correct this problem. Please tell me any solution for this. Iam not interest wear glass or contact lenses. How to cure this problem natural home remedies.
Hi I have cholesterol. Tremor in hand, gas, eye irritation, can not look in bright light, sound in ear.
I hve a problem in my lft hnd. In hnd hve so much pain nd it can not pick any obejct r material nd send in my eyes always red.
Dear sir I am sanjay .I'm45 years old I had my eye operation. I have very bad dag circle under my eyes. Please suggest me medicine.
I am taking viagra since last seven years around 5 to 6 tab per month at present I have no vision problem if I want to take viagra more is it possible to get vision problem now?
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes from over 3 days because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my health.
My eyelids are itching very often and I am feeling my eyes to be heavier, like when we feel when we are too tired. I actually had fungal skin infection on legs which most people often suffer from, I doubt whether is it the cause for my itchy eyes? I have specs also.
I am 19 years old I have problem in left eye it always red nd every time dropping tears so what I do some times I unseen some thing and at night I also crae5e that situation like I am blind person no any faced me so my request what I do.
An eye allergy or allergic conjunctivitis is a condition that strikes when certain substances irritate the eyes, which can cause a reaction. This reaction has varied symptoms starting from inflammation to watering and even redness and an itching sensation.
So how can you tell if you have an eye allergy? This article will tell you all you need to know!
- Causes: To begin with, this is an immune response that happens when the eye comes in contact with substances like dirt, grime, pollutants, pollen, nettle, pet hair, smoke, mold and more, which may cause irritation. These are typically known as allergens. The immune system takes these allergens to be invaders and begins attacking the same by releasing chemicals that cause these allergic reactions. Also, an eye allergy may be a symptom or outcome of other conditions like asthma, hay fever, or even eczema.
- Symptoms: The eye usually bears a pink or red appearance when the patient is suffering from an eye allergy. Also, watery eyes are a common sight during this condition while scaling around the eyes may also take place. Further, itching and burning sensation may be felt by the patient and swelling or puffiness can be seen. The symptoms may afflict one or both eyes. The patient may also have a runny nose or stuffy nose as well as nasal congestion.
- Difference between Eye Allergy and Pink Eye: Conjunctivitis or pink eye is usually caused due to bacteria or a virus that spreads infection in the eye. But eye allergy is caused due to a response of the immune system that leads to an allergic reaction. While the pink eye may be a contagious condition, an eye allergy is not.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of an eye allergy will be done with the help of various tests conducted by an ophthalmologist. The skin prick test will help in introducing allergens to find out if the spot gets raised or suffers from inflammation. Also, the doctor will check for other ailments like asthma and eczema.
- Treatment: There are varied methods of treating this condition. To begin with, the doctor may prescribe medication like decongestants and antihistamines as well as steroids for more severe and persistent cases. Also, injections may be prescribed in order to do away with the allergic reaction and eye drops containing olopatadine hydrochloride may also be used.
- Home Remedies: Staying away from allergens and using a warm and clean washcloth over the eyes, for a few minutes every day, may help in relieving the painful symptoms of the condition.
Do not forget to consult your doctor before you try any natural or home based remedies.