Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Neeraja RateriaYour feedback matters!
Dear sir, this is Vasu, I have a problem. That is the quantity of sperm released from my penny's is very low. I. E. 4 to 5 drops only, when I was meet wit my wife. Is it have any negative impact on fertility? Why because I got marriage 8 months back still my wife is having pregnancy. So pls kindly give solutions to have children. Please sir suggest me how to improve my sperm quantity. Also suggest me natural food for improving quantity of sperm. Please kindly tell me sir. Thanking you sir,
Sir iam male age 21 sir iam having simple myopia with 3 diopter power in both eyes is there any way by I can reduce my power (exercise or medicine) or lack is the option left. Is lasik safe for surgery?
Some people say that I am having an eye problem because of my weight is this because of my weight or for playing video games.
I have eye problem since 1 year can anyone help me out what should I do now what should I eat how long I have to reading books etc. I do not want to catch by spex. Any suggestion for me and after january my semester on the line please suggest me..
I am having myopia and astigmatism. And also when I wear lens it start irritating in left eye. And lenses make my eyes dry. And so I want to know that can I have lasik surgery? and what are its side effects and recovery time?
He has a problem in his eyes ,it becomes red and several head ache ,he doing a night shift job in call center, any solution for this problem.
I have red eyes over 5 days. What should I do? Is it only because of weather change or anything serious?
Hi I hv severe left shoulder and neck side pain from long time what should I do taken tablet nucoxia Mr. and gel but temporary relif agan same due to glasses will it effect.
I have a red eyes from few weeks In the corner of both eyes and day by day it is increasing whT I will do.
Glaucoma: An Overview
This disease can be developed or inherited; it usually refers to the accumulation of fluid inside a person's eyes leading to excessive pressure on his or her optic nerve.
How to Diagnose the Symptoms of Glaucoma:
- A Fundamental Eye Examination: An experienced eye doctor will check the dilated pupils of your eyes so as to take a closer look at the optic nerve that further discerns the stage of glaucoma a patient is in. Doctors tend to keep track on the sequential progression of glaucoma and its specific mode of treatment through pictures of the optic nerve taken during an examination.
- Tonometry may also be performed: Signs of Glaucoma may be spotted through the procedure called tonometry where the doctor will test a person's eye pressure and so on so forth. A visual field test might also be conducted to check if the patient can see things at the periphery of his line of vision.
Symptoms that will help a doctor identify this condition in people:
- A loss of peripheral vision is experienced in the early stages of glaucoma.
- A person may see halos when in the presence of bright lights.
- Your eyes could turn red.
- Hazy or blurry vision is a problem faced by young children affected with glaucoma.
- Glaucoma could be accompanied by headaches and eye pain.
- An affected person might repeatedly feel nauseous.
Ways to Treat Glaucoma:
- Microsurgery can effectively treat Glaucoma: Microsurgery can be performed in various ways. There is one way in which a channel is made to pump out the fluid creating extra pressure on the optic nerve. This method is referred to as trabeculectomy.
- Eye Drops: Eye drops can relieve you from painful glaucoma. They are known to control the formation of excess fluid in a person's eye. In some cases, they can induce the accumulating fluid to flow out of the patient's eyes.
- Laser Treatment: Laser surgeries can be undertaken to get rid of glaucoma. Laser can help in moving out fluid from the eyes of the affected person. It successfully hinders fluid blockage as well. There are different kinds of laser treatments available to cure glaucoma.