Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neena Ghose
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Neena GhoseYour feedback matters!
My 7 months old daughter has upset stomach for last 5 days. Her motions are frequent, semi to loose, and have bad smell. Is it because of the things she keeps putting in her mouth (viz toys or anything she finds) or is it more because if the food she eats. I give her variety of foods churned in mixer grinder. And what medications should I give her? Will any home remedies help? Please suggest.
My son is 33 months old and he is not eating well, and he weigh 10, 2 kgs. Please give me some suggestions for him to get on.
I have a 3 months old baby girl. What should be the supplement for breastfeeding whenever required. Does cow's milk is safe to give? If formula milk then specify the brand please. Thanks.
My girl baby 18 months old walks, runs, sits and gets up comfortably without showing any pain in her knee nor her legs. But the shape of her legs are a little bowed like a little curved From the knee part. And she usually trips over herself as though something is disturbing her while running. And runs with her legs being stiff and not bending also. Most of the time while she sits on her knee, she actually puts both her legs each next to her each thigh in a upside down V shape. She is very active and too sharp as well. But she being a girl, that curved legs of her does not look good. Please find an immediate remedy for me cause I'm afraid that this might turn even more worse. Few suggested me to do some massage, Ive Been doing it quite a while, but there is no improvement. Kindly suggest me the best remedy for this.
My baby is 7 month old. He has very restless night everyday. He doesn't wake up but changes body positions frequently whole night in daytime no problem at all. It seems to have gas problem. What should I do so that he can have sound sleep?
Is there any medicine or injection available to increase breast milk apart from perinorm, lactocare. please reply as soon as possible.
Cystic fibrosis is a genetic condition, which primarily affects the lungs and persistence of this condition might lead to severe breathing problems and loss of lung function. If you have inherited two copies of the defective gene from your parents, you are likely to suffer from this disease. Cystic Fibrosis causes a buildup of thick mucus in your lungs and affects other organs such as the kidneys, pancreas and the intestines in your body.
It isn't very uncommon as one out of fifty people in Asia is a carrier of this disease. The disease gets its name from the cysts formed in the pancreas of the sufferer. However, this disease can be detected by testing the quantity of salt present in your sweat. Prenatal testing for Fibrosis is another method to test if your newborn is likely to contract a lung infection.
Complications faced due to cystic fibrosis include:
- Serious sinus infections
- Serious damage in lungs due to inflammation and incessant infection
- Complication in breaking down protein
- Respiratory tract contamination
If you observe one or more of the following symptoms, you might be suffering from Cystic Fibrosis:
- Salty-tasting skin
- Bowel obstruction caused due to meconium ileus (obstruction of the bowels)
- Mucus amiss in your alveoli
- Persistent coughing with phlegm discharge
- Shortness of breath while engaging in a physical task
- Stunted or measly growth despite healthy lifestyle habits
- Infertility in males
If you're suffering from cystic fibrosis, there isn't any particular treatment which is recommended due to the varying degrees of it found in people. However, consultation with a medical practitioner and an individualised treatment plan can help you minimise the risks and lead a better life.
Some therapies you can opt for are:
- Airway clearance: This therapy helps sift the thick layer of mucus around your organs. Some people have also chosen to use the inflatable vest which vibrates around your chest, thereby, thinning and loosening the layer of mucus.
- Inhaled medicines: Another breakthrough in the field of respiratory medicine, this method requires the patient to sniff a liquid consisting of mist, which is inhaled with the aid of a nebuliser. This method is known to be beneficial for opening airways.
- Pancreatic enzyme supplements: Along with multivitamins, these specially designed supplements are known to cater to your pancreas with the much-needed nutrients and they need to be consumed with every meal. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Infants are fed solely on breast milk. For young children, a glass of milk once or twice a day is a must. But most people have this question in mind that as you grow older, should dairy products still be a part of your diet? After all, humans are the only animals that drink milk in their adult years.
Argument in favour: Drink milk for strong bones
One of the most common reasons people still drink milk as adults is to strengthen their bones. Milk is one of the richest sources of calcium and vitamin D. Calcium is an integral part of our bones and Vitamin D helps the body absorb more calcium. If you have healthy bones, your risk of fractures is greatly reduced. One glass of milk has 30% of our daily requirements of calcium.
If you were to remove milk from your diet, it is important to substitute it with the following foods:
Exposure to the sun can also give your body vitamin D, but exposing yourself to sunlight increases the risk of other conditions such as sun allergies and skin cancer.
Argument against: Giving up milk can aid in weightloss
- Milk is not easy to digest as when you have an upset stomach, you are advised to avoid milk. This is because it is not easy to digest. For people who are lactose intolerant, giving up milk can make digestion of others foods easier. It can also help treat irritable bowel syndrome caused by indigestion.
- Giving up milk can improve skin
- Giving up milk can also lower the frequency and intensity of acne flare-ups. Some dermatologists also say that it could help treat eczema.
- Quitting milk is not easy. After all, we consume dairy products in so many ways. We add it to our cereals, use it in sauces and what would pizza be without cheese. If you cannot avoid milk, do not add sugar to it. Also, avoid low-fat milk. However, you could find replacement such as almond milk, soy milk, and tofu. These foods are healthier and easier to digest. Instead of ice cream, you could end your meals with greek yogurt.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!