Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Splinting
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Navneet SinhaYour feedback matters!
Dear sir Saturday night I had an accident not major but my knee become twist. I have also tie crack bandage but can not give weight. After weight knee become twist. please advice me short care my knee. Thanks.
My left foot is injured it was twisted and has got scars on near fingers only upper skin is removed but no bleeding, my foot is moving properly but has got swelling from last 5 days, I have taken medications but still no effect is there any chance of fracture, please suggest me right cure for this.
I am having muscular pain, in my legs and thighs can you suggest me some medicine, I already had the 5 session of physio therapy, and doing exercise suggested by physio therapist, my height is 5. 5" and weight is 100 kgs.
I have lower back pain nd pain from hipt which continues till d foot I have stiff my age is 48 yrsnd weight 67 please helpshould I exercise or go for walk or go 2 a physiotherapist.
I am 47 years old and having back ache for the last 7-8 years and got mri done with the result impingement of nerve at s1 level of l3 l4 and taking medicine like pain killer etc and nerve relaxant. Got physiotherapy done many times. Please advice.
I am suffering from lower back pain in lumber region. Pain even moving around sometimes. Can't walk straighten. 1 years back same problem happened, a orthopedic surgeon told I have a little gap between bones in lumber region. Should I consult a doctor again? Please help.
I am 23 years old female I have figures ache problem, in the morning there is lots of pain & swelling in the joint point of fingure, and as well as I have a hairfall, my head is bald now. Please suggest me what should I do.
I am suffering from joints pain, and cervical pain is constant. My hand does not go back side as joint pains a lot. What should I do.
Having weight 86 kgs, height 150cms. Following problems facing- -High B. P. -Knee pain severe both legs. -Swelling on both hands.please help
Mosquitoes, though tiny, can wreak havoc on the human health. Malaria and dengue were common enough, but now another disease doing the rounds is chikungunya. This is a viral disease that spreads by the bites of Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. The disease lasts for 5 to 7 days and the catch is that there is no identified cure for the disease.
Symptoms of chikungunya are very non-indicative and include high temperature, rashes and multiple spots on the body, multiple joint pains, headaches, conjunctivitis and insomnia problem. The presence of joint pains associated with a high incidence of mosquito breeding is indicative of chikungunya. The fever usually subsides in a couple of days, but the other symptoms would persist for about a week.
Management of chikungunya includes a combination of prevention and treatment. Prevention is more important than treatment as it is easier done.
- To the maximum extent possible, avoid mosquito bites.
- Avoid using rain water-filled containers, potted plants that stagnate water and drinking bowls for domestic animals.
- Wear full-sleeved clothing when mosquito bites are likely to be higher.
- Use mosquito repellents in the forms of coils, creams, and mats
- Use mosquito nets where possible
- Prevent mosquito breeding by draining possible areas of water stagnation
Treatment: There is no specific allopathic remedy for the treatment of chikungunya. The prescribed medicines are only for symptomatic relief, and given the intense and prolonged joint pains, the patient ends up using a lot of pain killers. There are cases where the pains may persist for up to 6 months. This is where Ayurveda comes into the picture, as there are multiple effective remedies that have been proven effective over the ages.
- Massage your joints with a mixture of castor oil, drumstick, camphor, garlic, and coconut oil. This oil can be heated and stored in a glass jar for about 3 days. Warm this oil and use it for effective relief of the joint pains.
- A mixture of castor oil and cinnamon can also be used to massage the painful joints.
- A concoction of ajwain seeds, raisins or dry grapes, tulsi leaves, and neem leaves boiled in water is an effective remedy for the joint pains. This is to be used when it is warm after food and the residual ingredients chewed upon.
- A diet rich in fresh fruits, greens and vegetables is highly recommended.
- Drinking sufficient amounts of liquids (water, coconut water, lime juice, and buttermilk) to keep good hydration levels and recuperate from the illness.
- Ensure sufficient rest for the joints even after the initial fever has subsided.
Ayurveda has references to something called “sandhijwara” which is “fever of the joints”. Sandhijwara is very similar to chikungunya and these remedies used for this can be very useful in treating chikungunya. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.