Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Narayan Chandra GhoshYour feedback matters!
My right eyelid has swollen n is becoming painful- I think this is due to eye make up/ mascara application. What is the treatment line for treating this, I mean is there any cream, gel etc that can cure this?
I had a injury in my right eye and retina was damaged and done Operation on my childhood after that I didn't got my vision I able to see blurred nly it is possible to retain my vision back.
One of my eye was bigger in size compare to that off other eye what would be the reason? Is there. Any effect with thyroid because I have not taken the tablet for three days may be.
29 year male Why I irritate so easily Why I get emotional while angry Why I fear in crowd and stranger Why I cannot make eye contact Why I think so much Why I get nervous and fear Why am I getting nonsense stupid thoughts about my family from 15 years I do not want this life Please tell me for God sake.
My friends is gas velding many time night problem in your eye drop a water L9ng time a problem not solution 0lz help.
I have got -3.75 power in both eyes, my cornea is very thin . My doc said that laser is not possible because of thin cornea . Will I ever get rid off spectacles ?
Hello respected Doctors, I am suffering from teary eyes from last 7 years. From last few months the problem has increased so much that continuously my are tear filled the whole day. Some times irritation also happens. I tried many eye drops & massages but didn't work out I have already consulted many doctors. They checked my eyes by injecting process & concluded that there is almost 100% blockage in drain out ducts. They suggested for surgery. Now I would like to take advise that is there any other option than surgery?. And if not then does surgery will cure the problem 100% & is there any risk of scars on face after surgery? Please advise. Thanks in advance.
I have both eyes -2.25 number. And I do work on computer daily approximate 6 to 7 hours. Thus I felt that I eyes slight become low and increasing eye slight number continuously. What can I do for improve my eye slight?
Actually I frequently have headache problem means 2-3 days then gone. I happen in two three months regularly. What can be the problem. I have weak eyesight for which I wear specs. Then what can be a problem?
I am 22 years old and male. Before 2 days I failed pain in my eyes and coming water from eyes. Please help and give me suggestion.
When I see straight forward my black eye part differs in position. I.e when my one black part of eye see in front then the another looks slightly inside. It seems bad. What can I do to become normal. What is this difference in position called?
Hi I am not getting proper sleep frim past one month, eyes are looking like strained, pleadechelp me.
I am 60 years old. Since the last four years a sound is coming from my right ears. I often feel giddiness also. Taken a lot of treatment but no relief. Apollo doctors said I am acute allergic. Now with the sound I feel heaviness in my head. I do not know what to do? Please suggest some remedy.
While red bloodshot eyes may look worrisome at first sight, it is not a cause of concern all the time. There are benign, short-lasting bouts that will disappear on their own to serious medical reasons that could require intervention.
Listed below are some common causes and ways to manage red eyes.
- Conjunctivitis: The most common cause of red or pink eye is a conjunctivitis infection of the membrane covering the sclera. The blood vessels are irritated and give the eye a red hue. This is contagious and very common in children, needs to be treated with antibiotic drops based on the cause.
- Allergy: Be it pollen, dust, dander, or some other chemicals, eyes could be sensitive to it and get inflamed and take on a red color. This can be treated with a combination of prevention by avoiding exposure to the allergen (which causes the allergy) and some antihistamine drops if required.
- Contact lenses: Extended or improper use of contact lenses is the main reason for red eyes in contact lens users. There is reduced lubrication, increased accumulation of dust and microbes if the lens is not removed at frequent intervals. Removal of the lens and visits to the doctor are important things for managing it.
- Computer Vision Syndrome: With people spending a large amount of time staring at computer screens, tablets and phone screens, the dryness in the eyes increase, thereby, leading to red eyes. The reduced blinking when working on computers also affects the condition. It is therefore very important to take conscious breaks to stare away from the monitors and use special glasses if required. In some cases, eye drops may also be required.
- Occupational Hazard: For people working outdoors, conditions such as dust, heat, smoke, and dry air increase the chances of red eyes. Reducing exposure as much as possible and use of protective eyewear is extremely essential.
- Dry Eye Syndrome: The tear glands are a constant source of lubrication for the eyes and also cleanse the eyes from the minute dust particles and other irritants. For various reasons, the tears produced may not be sufficient and can lead to red eyes. Artificial tear substitute could be used for managing this.
Some benign reasons like swimming, smoking, lack of sleep, pregnancy, common cold also produce bloodshot eyes. On the other hand, corneal ulcer, uveitis, ocular herpes, glaucoma, and other medical conditions could also lead to red eyes.
If it persists for more than 2 days, is painful, and is associated with discharge or sensitivity to light, it is important to seek medical help, especially if associated with injury or trauma.
Related Tip: "Natural Remedies For Better Eyesight"