Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. N. SultaniaYour feedback matters!
Good behaviour..awsome experience.
Hello doctor! I just wanna knw what are the initials symptoms of the disease cancer and how to take precaution form that and what are the tests to be performed to detect cancer?
I am 68 years old and I have slightly enlarged prostrates with PSA reading of 5.9. Is there any treatment to reduce enlargement and lower PSA level so as to avoid this developing into cancer at later stage.
She is suffering from Brest cancer. Doctors refused to admit her because its reached last position. If there is any suggestions then suggest.
I am 22 year female and have fibroadenomas. A large lump of 3.60 in my left breast. What should I do? I dont want any surgery as it leaves me a scar. Is there any alternative to it? iam so worried and depressed about it.
What are the basic symptoms of Cancer to a common man? Can we get treatment of Cancer before it harmful to us?
After Dialysis since March 2016 , since 15 days urination with pain and time gap happens. Before Dialysis there was no prostate error. Suggest remedy.
What are the symptoms of skin cancer. If a person suffer from the skin cancer. How can he will be safe from the skin cancer and what is the limit of the skin cancer.
My chacha having bladder cancer. Can you please suggest some treatment. I am trying everywhere. Money no matters.
Based on 41 PSA, I was detected to have Cr3N0M0 Prostate Cancer and underwent 28 sittings of Radiation and am on Injection Elegrad 22.50 once every three months for 2 years (3 Injections completed so far including one at start of Radiations. PSA reading after first 3 months post radiation is 1.60. Your views on the treatment being followed and results so far. Can I be Prostate Cancer free? Thank You.
Enlarged prostate is a disorder which occurs more likely in elderly males. It is basically the enlargement of the prostate gland and is also known as Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy. The prostate enlargement impinges itself on the urethra, and causes increased urination and other urinary problems. Enlarged prostate is usually treated by surgical methods and there is a common belief that there is no other treatment for enlarged prostate other than surgery.
However, homeopathy is a field of medicine which can be used for the treatment of an enlarged prostate gland. Homeopathic medicines are organic and completely natural, and aim at treating the underlying cause of an enlarged prostate, instead of just curing the symptoms.
Here are some primary homeopathic medicines, which are used for enlarged prostate treatment, along with the symptoms when they are used.
- Baryta Carb: This homeopathic medicine is an effective cure for prostate gland enlargement, especially in aged people. Frequent urination is the first symptom of this type of prostate enlargement. An affected patient will develop an urge to urinate every now and then and there is a burning sensation in the urethra during urination. Degrading changes are noticed in the vascular, cardiac and cerebral system. Memory loss and decreased libido are observed. The patient cannot tolerate cold, and perspiration in the feet occurs.
- Digitalis: Digitalis is an ideal homeopathic remedy for enlarged prostate in people with heart problems accompanied by frequent urinary symptoms. This type of prostate enlargement is common in older men. The pulse rate may become irregular or abnormal and oedema is observed in internal and external parts. Swelling of sexual organs is also noticed.
- Staphysagria: This homeopathic medicine is used in cases of an enlarged prostate gland along with dysuria. There is pain during urination and the patient feels pressure on the urinary bladder, and urination seems to be incomplete. Burning in the urethra while urinating is observed, and the sensation lasts even after urination.
- Conium: Conium is another efficient homeopathic medicine for curing prostate gland enlargement accompanied by frequent urination. This condition may arise due to an injury or a blow. Induration and hardening of the gland are caused, and it feels like a stone. There is great trouble in urination, and it seems incomplete.
- Sabal Serrulata: This is a popular homeopathic medicine for an enlarged prostate gland and is considered to be one of the best medicines for this disorder. Symptoms include irritation in urinary organs and increased urge for urination at night.
Homeopathy is considered to be an ideal treatment for an enlarged prostate gland for people who want to avoid surgery. With no side effects, homeopathy works naturally and gives great results.
My grandmothers is 65 years old . Having a breast carcinoma & its spread to the whole body . Please tell some what diet should can do ?Please tell.
I m a female 74 yes I have got advanced fourth stage breast cancer and have undergone a decompression operation of the spinal cord in November but my senses in the lower part if the body have not recovered as yet pls tell me how can I speed up my recovery I have gone through 3 chemo sessions also.
All the tumours is related to cancer or not need to worry? Can I do oil massage to my throats and chests lump (tumours) to reduce them?
I am 23 years old female ,height 5 feet and weight is 45 kg approx. From the last few days when I sleep I feel pain in my right side breast and now when I touched my breast I feel that there is something hard in my breast .kindly suggest me the cause and prevention of this problem and which particular doctor should I consult?
I couldn't leave tobacco after several planning. I think I am already suffered from cancer as could not take slight chilly. So please advise, what to do?
What food I should eat for to cure or prevent polyps. What is the allergic test? Can I know the reason of polyps as I did not have cold in last 6 months still got polyps .how can I get allergic test done. Please specify the name of test. Regards and Thanks.
Feeling a lump on your breasts can be a terrifying moment. 'Cancer' is the first thing that comes to mind but in reality, most lumps in the breast are not caused by cancer. Apart from cancer, breast lumps can be caused by non-cancerous growths, injuries and infections. The only way to correctly diagnose the cause of a lump in the beasts is through a biopsy. Hence, this is the first step towards treating a breast lump. From here on, treatment will depend on the cause identified.
Mastitis or Breast Infection
Mastitis is a painful infection of the breast tissue often faced by women who are breastfeeding. It can be treated with heat treatment and antibiotics. Massaging the breast while taking a warm shower or applying a warm compress. This will open up the milk ducts and should be followed by nursing the baby or using a breast pump to relieve the swelling and pain.
Antibiotics are the first line of treatment against an abscess but this is effective only if given in the initial stage of the infection. In later stages, an abscess will need to be surgically drained.
This is a non-cancerous tumour often found in young women. It is often difficult to distinguish between a Fibroadenoma and a cancerous tumour and hence these are usually surgically removed.
In some cases, the breast itself is composed of knotted, rope like tissue. This is known as having fibrocystic breasts. If a new lump presents itself on fibrocystic breasts, a mammogram and an ultrasound are performed to evaluate the lump. In most cases fibrocystic changes do not require any medication or surgery.
Cysts can be defined as fluid filled lumps. In some cases, these cysts become apparent at the time of ovulation and disappear after the period. In other cases, it may need to be drained with a thin needle. Cysts often recur and need to be re-drained.
Fat Necrosis and Lipoma
Fat necrosis is a lump caused by an injury to the fatty tissue in the breast. Lipoma is a fatty growth within the fatty tissue. In both these cases, no treatment is required but if it causes any problems, it can be removed.
If the biopsy reveals the presence of a cancerous tumour, you must immediately consult an oncologist. Treatment options for breast cancer include chemotherapy, radiation, surgery and hormone treatment.