Lybrate.com has top trusted Radiologists from across India. You will find Radiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Radiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. N Singh Babu
Diagnostic X- Ray
Bone Densitometry Procedure
Uterine Artery Embolization
Interventional Diagnostic Procedures
Angiography Radial Approach
Submit a review for Dr. N Singh BabuYour feedback matters!
My rt. Breast surgery for breast cancer had done and presently from last 3-4 months rt. Hand and full arm are swelling.
How does neuclus pulposus take to decay when it comes out of annulus fibrosus and extruded to nerve root as for example in L5-S1? Does it decay over the time or it never?
The brain is not a stagnant realm fed with a granted quota of intelligence and memory at birth. It is always in a state of flux. Exercising your brain in various ways accelerates its ability to perform better. It is in your hands to have a sharper take on situations and occurrences. Playing games that require brainstorming, solving quizzes, crosswords or playing chess makes you feel rejuvenated and tired at the same time; the reason being activated brain cells. A healthy brain will affect your life decisions positively and you probably will think rightly before you leap.
Tips to exercise those brain cells:
1. Meditate and calm your mind: Ten minutes of meditation each day can help you get over anxiety. When your mind is at peace you think out pros and cons with enhanced insight. This composure reflects in each of your actions. Meditation demands your brain to be quiet when it is accustomed to work; you therefore have greater control over it.
2. Music can improve your brain abilities: Music is the best antidote for a sloppy brain. Music excites the neurons healing a bruised memory. It gifts you with clarity of thought. Apart from listening to music one must try to play a musical instrument. Teaching yourself things puts your mind through a strict regimen of constructive activities.
3. Take out time to learn a new language: We are paralyzed the minute our brain gives up. Due to several external and internal reasons each one of us is likely to suffer from cognitive disorders on being subjected to extreme pressure or shock. Trying to learn a new language motivate your brain cells to have a wider vocabulary, which further restricts your chances of brain damage.
4. Mental mathematics could better your intelligence: Calculators, computers and phones are ridding us of our ability to compute individual data. Computation and consolidation of data helps your mind to work faster with precision. So, you now know those lessons on mental mathematics in childhood were actually the key to a well-rounded brain.
5. Think of something novel: The more the number of neurons the merrier is your brain. Take pains to direct your mind on a novel track. Thinking beyond what is given and expected helps your brain grow new neurons. It builds up your creativity letting you discover more of your capabilities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.
Brain surgery involves several medical procedures, which incorporate fixing issues with the brain, including changes in the tissues of the brain, cerebrospinal fluid and brain blood flow. Brain surgery is quite a complicated method of surgery and the type of surgery to be conducted depends on the underlying conditions.
Reasons for Brain Surgery:
Brain surgery is performed for the correction of physical brain abnormalities. These abnormalities could occur because of diseases, birth defects and injuries. A brain surgery is required when the following conditions arise in the brain:
- Abnormal blood vessels
- Blood clots in the brain
- When the protective tissue or dura is damaged
- Due to nerve damage
- Parkinson's disease
- Any kind of pressure after an injury
- Skull fractures
- In case of stroke and tumors
A surgery may not be required for all the above mentioned conditions, but in case of many, a brain surgery is very important as the conditions may worsen health problems.
Types of brain surgeries:
- Craniotomy: During this open brain surgery, an incision is made in the scalp, and a hole is created in the skull, near the area, which is being treated. After this process is complete, the hole or bone flap is secured in its place using plates or wires.
- Biopsy: This form of brain surgery helps in the removal of a small amount of brain tissues or tumors. After removal, the tissues or tumors are examined under a microscope. The creation of a small incision and a hole in the skull is indicated as a part of this process.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: This form of brain surgery enables the removal or lesions and tumors via the nose and sinuses. Private parts of the brain can be accessed without creating an incision. An endoscope is utilized in the process which is used to examine tumors all across the brain.
- Minimally Invasive neuroendoscopy: This process is similar to the minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery. This method also involves the use of an endoscope for removal of brain tumors. Small, dime sized holes may be made in the skull to access some brain parts.
Brain surgeries may be associated with several risks. They may be:
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clot formations
- Swelling of the brain
- A state of coma
- Impairment in speech, coordination and vision.
- Problems in memory
- Strokes and seizures
- Infections in the brain
A brain surgery is a serious and very complex surgery. There are different kinds of brain surgeries, which are conducted depending on the condition and severity of the disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
Hi, While screening of cervical spine it Show small disc osteophyte complex at c4/5 & c5/6 level with out significant spinal canal stenosis. But cervical cord is normal in bulk & SL. Is it matter of concert?
I am Dr. Malvika Sabharwal from jeevan mala hospital and apolo spectral hospital in Karol Bagh, New Delhi India.
I am gonna tell you about uterus removal. Uterus removal is a very common operation. Bht commonly isko kara jata hai k patient ata hai apko bolta hai k ji hamary ko flah flah flah problem hai or ap hamara uterus nikal dijiye. Sb sy phly to main apko btaungi kya indications hain. Chahye wo fibroid k hn, ya bleeding zyada ho rai ho. Koi fibroid nai hai per bleeding bht zyada ho rai hai ya koi changes a rhy hain. Jaisa k agr mouth of the uterus main agr koi peps pal krty hain routinely jo k karna chahye, her ek marez k liye. Ap regular apasnaol kar ry hain us main koi changes any lag jaty hain ya aisi koi bhi problem ho to patient ata hai or wo bara clear mind sy kehta hai k ji mje uterus remove krwana hai. Kbhi kbhi wo refered cases hoty hain. Ya marez ko kahein kaha jata hai or hamary pas aty hain. Q k hamary pas jo uterus removal ka tareka hai wo hai durbeen sy or ek pait khol k. pait khol kr jo karty hain, ek bara 8 centimeter, 8 inches k kareeb ek insection hota hai pait k upper or us k through hm uterus ko, us ko pakar k baher nikal k us ki puri surgery kr k as pas disconnect kr k us ko nikal dety hain. Or abdomen ko stitch kr dety hain. Laparoscopic surgery jb sy hm ny shuru kari hai. Year was 92. I think ye sb sy bara bone hai. Doctor k lye bhi, patient k lye bhi. Ek to patient friendly surgery hai. Or doctor k liye offcourse, doctor ko sekhny main thora samain zaror lgta hai,but once you have commanded the technique of Laparoscopic surgery, it is the best. It is the best for the patient and for you it’s a very affective way of taking out the uterus without any problems. Ap us ko Laparoscopicly nikalty ho or Laparoscopicly jb nikalty ho 1 din ka stay rehta hai hospital main. 1 din main mareez back to normal work hota hai. Wo ghr ja kr k, serhioyon sy charhta hai. Serhiyon par jaye, upper rahy, ghar k khanay bnaye, baheer ghumny jaye, hr roz piture dekhy, us py koi issue nai hai. Bht minimal unko btaya jata hai do’s and don’t’s. unka upper charhny main koi problem nai ati. Sirf halki phulki jo problem, sirf 2 chezain ki hm log btaty hain which Is hardly any issue. So patient is back to normal routine. Ap apny ffice dubara ja skty hain itni jaldi. Loss of working days is very less. To loss of working days jaisy e kam oty hain, aj kal apko pta hi hai, mostly ladies are working, most of the women are working today. Chahy wo ghr py, ghr ka bhi kam itna hota hai. Bachon k aj kal kitny kam hoty hain, us k ilawa office girls bht hoti hain. Jo k office ko bhi sambhalti hain or ghr ko bhi sambalti hain. Let me tell you hamary bht patients hain un ko kbhi ye problem nai I k hum uterus nikalny k bad hm ghr ka kam nai kar paye. Ya office ka kam nai kar paye. Hamary pas doctors aty hain. Dur dur sy aty hain, in fact patients are coming from dubai, London, America, Canada all over. Wo aty hain apna operation krwaty hain or 2 din k bad they are ready to go home. Because this surgery has really picked up so much k jb o dekhty hain k kitny aram sy ye kam ota hai to unko aisa koi hesitancy nai lagti. Un k roz mara ki zindagi main koi change nai ata. Unko minimalistic thory sy do’s and don’ts hoty hain which is hardly anything. And aam tor per jb hum uterus nikalty hain, jaisa k main apko dekhati hn. This is one uterus. Two tubes and two ovaries. Aj agr main uterus nikal rai hn, lady ka age hai 45, I will tell her definetly ovary tubes to ap nikal hi lijye. Ovaries jo hain, wo apko hormones deti hain. Hormones ek lady ko femerity bna k rakhti hai. Femariti sy ye bhi matlab hai, tubes ka koi aisa role nai hai per ovaries apko hormones dy k, hormones k karan apka skin, hair, heart, sb k upper us ka zor hai. So ovaries ko hum bina puchy bilkul nai nikalty. Us k lye permission lety hain tabhi nikali jati hai. Per agr uterus nikal ry hain to aam tor per hum tubes ko bhi nikal dety hain.
Thank you very much.
Sir I have slip disk problem in l4 l5 Vert disk and pain in lower spine and pain goes to leg randomly both legs. This is from last 6 months What is easiest way to solve this problem.
Are you experiencing excruciating headache? you probably didn't know but you could be suffering from brain aneurysms. It is described as bulge formation in the blood vessel in the brain. It is a totally asymptomatic condition as one does not display any symptoms until the bulge vessel ruptures which may result in blood releasing in the skull which may further lead to a stroke. The bulge is often formed in the gaps between the tissues covering the brain and brain itself.
Most common treatment options for ruptured aneurysm
There are two common treatment options for a ruptured brain aneurysm endovascular coiling and surgical clipping. Both these procedures have certain risk factors, therefore it is best to discuss the details with a neurologist. The endovascular coiling is a less invasive process where the surgeon inserts a hollow tube or catheter into an artery and threads it through the body to reach an aneurysm. Then a guide wire is sent to push a soft platinum wire through the catheter. This coils up and disrupts the flow of blood into the aneurysm and leads to blood clotting. The clotting is essential in sealing off the aneurysm from the artery.
The surgical clipping is a process used for closing off the aneurysm, and a section of the skull is required to be removed for assessing the affected part. It also helps in locating the blood vessel that is responsible for the problem. Finally, a metal clip is placed on the neck of the aneurysm to stop the flow of blood. Though endovascular coiling is less invasive and said to be safer, adequate post-treatment care is necessary to minimize risks.
To treat larger aneurysms, a treatment called flow diverters may be useful. Since, the treatment is decided based on the size, location, apperance and your health condition, your doctor will be the best person to take the final call.
Other procedures to treat symptoms
Other than the surgical procedures several treatments might be prescribed to treat the symptoms and to manage complications. A few commonly advised treatments are:
- Pain relievers: To manage headaches
- Calcium channel blockers: One of the most common complications that may arise with an aneurysm is calcium entering the walls of blood vessels which may result in narrowing of walls. Calcium channel blockers are medications may be prescribed by the doctors to deal with the complication
- Anti seizure medications: Medications such as levetiracetam, phenytoin, valproic acid, and others are prescribed to treat seizures associated with aneurysms
- Procedures to prevent stroke: An insufficient blood flow may result in a stroke and to prevent it, the drug vasopressor is injected intravenously, or angioplasty is performed.
- Rehabilitative therapy: Damage to the brain may require the patient to undergo several physical and occupational therapy.
If you suffer from the condition, it is advised to keep a check on the blood pressure and quit smoking as they can help in reducing the risks associated with aneurysms.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!