Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. N KarmakarYour feedback matters!
Not eating that bag of chips or drinking that bottle of soda is a difficult temptation to resist, especially if you eat them more than a few times a week. But these are not good for you; they are a storehouse of chemicals, which can wreak havoc on your health.
Here are seven reasons why you should avoid processed food:
- They are very addictive: When your body digests processed food, it overstimulates the proliferation of a neurotransmitter called dopamine. Dopamine makes you feel pleasure, which increases your cravings. And, cravings lead to more consumption, thus you get addicted to processed food.
- Cause damage to your bones and organs: Processed food contains phosphates that not only add taste, shelf-life and texture, but also end up damaging your bones and organs. Phosphates have been linked to premature aging, weak bones and kidney damage.
- Lead to digestion problems: Processed foods are usually rid of their natural enzymes, fibres and vitamins. This creates severe problems in your digestive system. Consuming such foods harms the good bacteria in your gut, which makes you vulnerable to infections.
- Can lead to mental degradation: If you find your memory slackening or you're finding it hard to concentrate, then you can blame your diet. Junk food, it has been found, gives you mood swings, makes your energy levels unstable and leaves you feeling angry and agitated.
- GMOs: Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) are what replace the 'real' ingredients in processed food. GMOs have been associated with infertility, gastrointestinal disorders, cancer and organ damage.
- Pesticides: For the GMOs to grow, farmers use herbicides and pesticides, which end up in your food. For example, certain cereals have been found to contain more than 70 types of pesticides.
- Processed food is artificial: When you compare real food with processed food, the obvious difference would be the way real food deteriorates over time, just like they should, while processed food remains the same. Processed food does not change with time, and proves how synthetic they are essentially. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have a problem of acne and scars. Some of them cause pain. They leave their marks .bcz of it. Face looks too bad. please help. Any face mask.
I am 18 years old and suffering from headache from past 2 years headache means temple throbbing this lasts for about an hour or so every day on 2 sides and severe hairfall I am not taking medicine for this problem please help me.
Good Afternoon, About 8 days ago Saturday, I had a swelling in my face because of an allergy I took some antihistamine and two days later the swelling decreased but my left achilles tendon started paining, I consulted a doctor and he prescribed a medicine with the composition of Diclofenac (50 mg, Paracetamol (500 mg, Serratiopeptidase (15 mg) .On Thursday my achilles tendon stopped paining but the middle of the foot and inner arch started throbbing so bad that I can't stand on it anymore, when I rest completely or am on the medication I have no pain but if I walk a bit the pain starts and the inflammation as well. Without medication it feels like someone is jabbing me continuously even while resting. Is this normal? What is your advice.
My body is itching from last two days. Is it that bcs I use hard water. So what should I do such that my doesn't itch even if I use hard water or soft water. If there are exercises prefer me rather than tablets. Please make it soon as possible.
I am 24 male. My testicular/balls are one small and one big (0o) do I have any problem? And I do sometimes get pain near testicular. What is the reason.
I am suffering from fever last one week and I am unable to go anywhere so please give me a best diet to me that I can eat during this disease?
We are giving dizole tablet 250 mg to my father. To prevent him from drinking. We are giving this medicine from 6 months and my father is suffering from joint pain, loss of appetite etc. Is this tablet is harmful.
Mere papa 49 years ke hai. Unhe piles ki problem hai or bahut pain bhi hota .pain ke karan unka weight loss bhi ho gaya hai. Please koi solution batye.
I will masturbate 3 to 4 times daily .I can't control. I am a sales executive. Lots of out door field works. Tiring job with no pleasure but lot of pressure. Only pleasure is masturbate at night. I can't control. Plzz suggest me some remedies.
My last teeth is badly paining, I went to doctor, they said new teeth is coming we need to remove it, is it true? We need to remove the teeth?
Dear Sir, my nephew (10 years old) entire body has become small pimple eye swelling, doctor described it chickengunia due to blood infection, how it spread or is it chickengunia symptoms, what precautions should be taken and which test, medicines you prescribed please guide me.
I am age of 48 years suffering from arthritis arthritis since 1 month , what precautions shell I take or pl suggest medication.
I have red eyes for 3 days what should I do. I also feel vomitish. This all started after I had road side food. I also vomited blood. Please help.
The field of Ayurveda treats a variety of ailments by diagnosing conditions that are not otherwise recognised by modern day medicinal systems. One of these conditions or concepts is Ama or mild toxin. Improper digestions, stress, pollution, a bad diet can all cause toxins to build in our body. This is why periodic internal cleansing is very much advised in Ayurveda. Anything which is not completely processed is known as Ama.
Now let's look at ways on how you can prevent the build-up of Ama in your body:
- Overeating and Indigestion: One of the best ways to avoid Ama build up is to keep oneself from overeating. Also, as per Ayurveda, one must not sit down for a meal before the previous meal is digested. Also, emotional eating leads to overeating and all kinds of unhealthy food including excessive sweets, fried and fatty food. Also, one must eat meals at the same time every day and avoid skipping meals in order to ensure that an irregular digestive system does not end up producing Ama in the body.
- Diet: One needs to ensure that the dietary intake is made up of healthy foods. In order to avoid Ama build up, you will also need to eliminate food that is difficult to digest including aerated drinks, food and drinks that are taken at extremely cold temperatures including ice cold water and ice cream. This usually puts out the digestive fires which keep the digestion going.
- Meditation: Practicing transcendental meditation is a good way of keeping Ama at bay. Transcendental meditation is a state of being in one's deepest sense of awareness. It is a simple meditative technique that helps you remain well balanced with just 20 minutes of practice every day. This method is known to prevent ailments in the body through its function of awareness.
- Exercise and Sleep: Some amount of exercise is required by every human body. This also helps in preventing Ama. Exercise keeps the metabolism and digestive system in peak and active form. Indulging in light to moderate exercise ensures that you sweat and flush out the unnecessary toxins of the body, even as you work up an appetite for food which ensures healthy eating. Sleep is equally important in reducing Ama as well.
Sleep, exercise, proper eating habits and a patch of meditation every day are some of the various ways that can aid the blocking and reduction of Ama.
Related Tip: Treating Sinusitis with Ayurveda ?