Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mumtaz Sanghamita
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mumtaz SanghamitaYour feedback matters!
I have missed my periods. Bleeding start bt few drops then stop. I have done pregnancy test bt its negative. My Periods date is 24 june bt its 5 days delay. I have stomach ache bt no bleeding. Whats the problem pls prescribe medicine.
On a regular 26-33 day cycle for past 6 months. If one has had unprotected sexual act on the 5th day of period. Though there was no penetration. But there was ejaculation on the butt region outside. Soon it was washed with water. And an I pill was taken within 18 hrs after this act. This act took place in november 2015. There was bleeding for 2 days after 6 days from the I pill intake. With slight abdomen pain. N. Dizziness. Then in december got period for 4 days after 33 days from november period. And also in january got period for 4 days. Within a 30 day gap from december period. But in february 2016. Got period within 30 days gap. But only for 1 day. In december and january there was dizziness during the ovulation tym. In the meanwhile had taken 8 hpt with preganews. All morning samples. And all came negative. And also 2 beta hcg blood test was taken. First on 42 days from the sexual act of november and second on 63 days from sexual act of november. Both of which came <1 miu /ml. Also on 73 days from the sexual act. A pelvic sonography was taken. Which showed uterus is anteverted. Empty and measures 8.9cm*4.7cm*3.6cm. The problem now is I am sensitized to some peculiar type of smell. And also there is problem of some pain near my belly button. Also I find that my lower abdomen is slightly bulging. Though very soft. And can be pressed very easily. And my breast colour is also dark. So what is all these happening. Am I pregnant. Or the pregnancy is not there. please help me. As I do not want to get pregnant now. Also the november act was the first and last time I had any sexual act. please help me soon.
Me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex a numerous of times after my last period, I have a missed period by a week now. Taken a few pregnancy tests and they say negative? I have a few pains as if my period has started or that I'm on but I'm not? Could I be pregnant even though the tests say negative now? Don't understand? Help please.
I had sex with my girlfriend in August without Condom but I did not release my sperm into her. Even though she took Gestapro pregnancy remove tablet. She gets periods on or before 10th every month. She got periods in September, October & November but she did not get periods on December so she bought pregnancy test kit & tested herself (2 times) then the results are negative both times. Now her stomach is increasing. She took 30 tablets gorgeous asathma & 30 tablets for cold in November. Does it affect her? Please advise did she get pregnancy or not?
Hypertension during pregnancy can be a problem for both baby and the mother. Thus it is of utmost importance that during pregnancy a good health should be maintained along with controlled blood pressure and cholesterol levels. With an increase in multiple births and women of older age the risk of hypertension during pregnancy has increased. But if proper care is taken it can be avoided.
Types of Pregnancy Hypertension:
There are three prominent forms of hypertension that can be seen during pregnancy. The pregnant ladies should be aware of the same. These are:
- Preeclampsia: This is the most common and serious hypertension during pregnancy. This hypertension can only be controlled by delivering the fetus, which usually involves complications like death of the mother or child. This occurs 20 weeks after pregnancy.
- Gestational Hypertension: This form is only prevalent during pregnancy and is not a problem for the mother or baby after delivery. This usually occurs in the last leg of the pregnancy
- Chronic Hypertension: This form forms either prior to the pregnancy or before 20 weeks of the pregnancy.
Management of Pregnancy Hypertension:
Hypertension during pregnancy can be handled by the following:
- In case of severe hypertension, blood pressure medication should be continued during pregnancy.
- If you are on ACE inhibitor type medication, then the medication is changed to one that is even safe for the baby.
- Your doctor might like to monitor you daily and can advise hospitalization for a few days
- If medication is missed, it might lead to uncontrolled life threatening hypertension. Thus the medication should not be missed at any time.
- In case of mild hypertension and absence of other diseases like diabetes and kidney disorders, the doctor might stop the medication or reduce the dose. Also, being off medicine does not cause any problem in mild hypertension.
- Irrespective of the hypertension being mild or severe, the prenatal appointments should not be missed, so that the doctor can monitor you and the baby. So that problems, like rise in blood pressure, poor fetal growth, and signs of preeclampsia can be spotted and steps can be taken for the same.
- In case there is some form of hypertension present the prenatal visits and lab tests will be more.
- Apart from the usual second trimester ultrasound, there will be periodic ultrasounds in the third trimester to monitor the baby's growth and the amniotic fluid.
- Also regular fetal tests and Doppler ultrasounds will be done to track the baby's growth.
- Lifestyle changes should be made. Salt intake should be limited, fresh food instead of processed food should be consumed.
- If blood pressure is high then doctor might ask you to avoid exercise especially if you never did before pregnancy.
5 reasons you should include bajra in your diet
1. Powerful for controlling diabetes:
Pearl millet is very powerful in controlling diabetes. Because of its high fibre content, it tends to digest slowly and release glucose at a slower rate as compared to other foods. This helps in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels for a long period of time.
2. Weight loss:
Being high in fibre content, it takes a longer time for the grain to move from the stomach to the intestines. This way, bajra curbs hunger for a long span of time.
3. Reduces cholesterol:
It contains phyto chemical, which is called phytic acid believed to increase cholesterol metabolism. It also stabilises the level of cholesterol in the body.
4. Helps in digestion:
Bajra is rich in insoluble fibre that aids digestion. It also reduces secretion of bile acids and is linked to a lowered risk of gallstone formation.
5. Helps prevent cancer:
Bajra has cancer-protecting properties. A study showed that regular intake of bajra protects pre-menopausal women from developing breast cancer.