Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mumtaz Ahmed
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mumtaz AhmedYour feedback matters!
My face and hands compaction is dark due to sun burn and my inner body is fair what should I do to my face and hands compaction like my inner body.
My skin is getting darker! I am a college student staying in hostel! What cn I do? Is it the food or water? Or the fact that I play video games without a pause for the total time I stay at home!
Laser skin tightening is a procedure that uses laser to enhance the appearance of the skin and treat minor facial flaws. This procedure is performed with the help of two types of lasers: ablative and non-ablative. Ablative laser is used to remove thin layers of skin, while a non-ablative laser is the one which causes growth of collagen and tightens the skin underneath.
Non-ablative laser is less invasive and requires less time to recover, although it's less effective than laser resurfacing, which is done with an ablative laser.
A laser tightening skin procedure can decrease fines lines on the face, making you look younger and giving a smooth appearance to your skin. It can also be used to treat uneven skin tone and improve your complexion, besides helping the treatment of sunburns and scars to a certain extent.
This procedure is usually used to treat:
- Liver or age spots
- Skin damage caused by sun rays
- Scars caused due to accidents, chicken pox or severe acne
- Irregular or uneven skin tone or texture
Before performing the procedure a doctor is likely to check your:
- Medical history - Doctors cross check your current and previous medical history, including medications and medical conditions.
- Physical examination - A skin test is very common prior to performing such a surgery.
You may be advised to take medications and avoid direct exposure to sunlight. During the procedure, a highly intense beam of light is directed on the skin. This laser beam destroys the upper layer of skin and also heats the underlying layers of epithelial cells. Resultantly, it causes the collagen fibers to shrink, thereby tightening your skin and giving you a younger appearance. Post the procedure, ice packs can be used to cool down the skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
What are the symptoms of psoriyasis and precautions want to be take and how to cure it with out side effects?
I am (21) using some fairness cream. And I improved my skin colour, will it affect by long term use. If there is no problem can I continue it, and I too using it only thrice a week.
Ringworm is one of the common skin infections; the funny part is that, it isn’t a worm at all. Ringworm is called so because of the patchy ring like mark it leaves on the skin.
Ringworm is caused by fungus (Tinea) that lives off keratin and dead skin. A lot of people associate Ringworm with insect bite, because they assume it is a worm, but that is not the case.
Here is a quick overview of causes of Ringworm, its symptom, as well as its treatment options.
How do one get Ringworm in the first place?
- Ringworm is highly contagious, so if one person is in physical contact with another person having ringworm, that person will also get Ringworm infection.
- Ringworm is a fungus, so it can come from objects like comb, damp clothes, towels and brush. It is important to remember to not use products of any other person.
- One might also get ringworm from pets. Make sure to bath them regularly and also to wash hands after touching them.
- A person can also contact this fungus through soil; it is important that one doesn’t stands on soil barefooted.
Symptoms of Ringworm
- There will be flaky patches all over the scalp. It can also be very painful and itchy. One may also notice significant hair loss, particularly in the infected areas.
- When the fungus occurs on skin, it usually leaves patchy red ring like mark. These marks might itch a lot, especially around the ring mark. These ring marks will be reddish and inflamed.
- When this occurs in the groin area, one might feel itchiness and a burning sensation. Inflamed ring like patches can be noticed on the inner thighs, which will be painful while walking.
Types of Ringworm
- Tinea Corporis: This particular fungus is usually the reason for “Jock Itch” or ring worms in the groin area. These fungi leave a brownish-red mark on the groin and inner thighs. Tinea Corporis is on the body.
- Tinea Cruris is in the groin.
- Tinea Facei: These fungi generally occur on the face, leaving scaly and inflamed marks around the beard area.
- Tinea Mannum and Tinea Pedis: These ringworm types occur on arms and feet; they usually spread through contaminated soil. Tinea Pedis is in the feet.
Treatment of Fungal Infection or Ringworm
Treatment for Ringworm usually involves ointments. These ointments are usually applied on inflamed skin. Some ointments are specifically applied on the foot area that is inflamed because of Tinea pedis fungus. There are also anti-fungal tablets that can be taken. These oral medicines are given when the disease is in its advance stages and when the ointment didn’t work in the first place.
Ringworm is a highly contagious disease, that it is why it is important to be vigilant about the surroundings. And if someone is already suffering from it, steps should be taken to get rid of it as soon as possible.
When we work on computer we get a mark on the hand would that effect our health how can we get rid off it if it would cause any problems please give a suggestion.
One of the most common treatments for melasma is sun protection. This means wearing sunscreen every day and reapplying the sunscreen every 2 hours.
Women are far more likely than men to get melasma. It is so common during pregnancy that some people call it the mask of pregnancy. Hormones seem to trigger melasma.
Melasma: signs and symptoms
Common signs (what you see) of melasma are brown or gray-brown patches on the face. These patches most commonly appear on the:
Bridge of the nose.
Above the upper lip.
Chin. Some people get patches on their forearms or neck.
What causes melasma?
What causes melasma is not yet clear. It likely occurs when the color-making cells in the skin (melanocytes) produce too much color. People with skin of color are more prone to melasma because they have more active melanocytes than those with light skin.
Common melasma triggers (what starts it) include:
Sun exposure: ultraviolet (uv) light from the sun stimulates the melanocytes. In fact, just a small amount of sun exposure can make melasma return after fading. Sun exposure is why melasma often is worse in summer. It also is the main reason why many people with melasma get it again and again.
A change in hormones: pregnant women often get melasma. When melasma appears in pregnant women, it is called chloasma, or the mask of pregnancy. Birth control pills and hormone replacement medicine also can trigger melasma.
Cosmetics: skin care products that irritate the skin may worsen melasma.
Procedures: if a topical medicine does not get rid of your melasma, a procedure may succeed. Procedures for melasma include a chemical peel (such as glycolic acid), microdermabrasion, and dermabrasion.