Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mumtaz AhmedYour feedback matters!
Hi I am almost completed my 18 years m facing dark circle on my face. I want to reduce that can anyone suggest me the home remedy.
Wrinkles home remedies:
Youthful skin with no wrinkles and spots looks so beautiful and adorable. Everyone wants to have that kind of skin. Usually, as skin gets older with increase in age, it loosens and appears in the form of wrinkles on the skin surface. Apart from ageing, which is a major factor for causing wrinkles, there are other reasons also.
Wrinkles home remedies- exposure to sun, pollution, mental stress, genetic problem, lack of muscle movement (sedentary life) or hectic schedules, irregular sleeping habits, unhealthy skin, improper nutrition and diet can yet be another cause that can result into wrinkles. These reasons are the causes of early age wrinkles as well.
Wrinkles home remedies:
Wrinkles can be reduced by various medical treatments and certain homemade masks, but fully removing wrinkles is little difficult.
Here we will discuss how to get rid of wrinkles using home remedies:
1. Coconut oil
Coconut oil has moisturizing and skin hydrating properties. For wrinkles, you need organic coconut oil. It can be applied directly or warm it slightly. Now massage this oil below the eye and other wrinkle affected areas. Keep it overnight and wash it the next day.
Repeat this process daily to get sooner results.
2. Olive oil
Olive oil has great antioxidant properties. Massaging this oil on the surface of the skin helps in rejuvinating and regenerating skin cells. It penetrates deep inside the skin, so that the skin remains moisturized for longer period of time.
You can also mix few drops of honey and glycerin to make the mask more effective. It will make your skin appearance brighter and youthful, thus reducing the wrinkles. Use this application daily to see better results.
3. Banana mask
Banana is full of vitamins and nutrients. To use it make a creamy texture of banana by mashing it in a bowl. Apply this on to your skin surface and let the skin absorb the banana extracts. After 30 minutes wash it off with normal water.
You can also use banana with papaya pulps to make the mask more effective. Apply it on the skin surface and keep for some time to allow the skin to absorb the nutrients. After 20 minutes wash it off with lukewarm water. You can do this 2-3 times a week for good results.
Aloe vera is popular for its anti fungal and antimicrobial properties. It helps the skin to be free from any external agent and hydrates the skin.
You can take out the extract from an aloevera leaf shaft or aloevera gel is available in the market readily. Apply the gel on the skin as such. The other way of using it is by mixing with egg white. The combination of both helps in revitalizing the skin. Do this 2 times a week to get better outcomes.
5. Fenugreek seeds
Fenugreek can be used in multiple ways, as it is a great antidote its leaves, seeds and oil, all can be used for betterment of skin and its healthiness. The paste of fenugreek leaves can be applied on the skin surface. It has antioxidant properties that aid to the rejuvination of the skin.
The seeds can be made use of by boiling in water. Use this water for cleaning face. Massaging fenugreek oil can help in letting the skin to get minerals and nutrients.
Honey is useful in maintaining the ph level of the skin. It diminishes the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles. It can be applied directly on the skin. You can also use honey with ginger paste and apply it daily morning on the skin. This makes your skin feel fresh and youthful for the entire day.
There are different ways of utilising honey. Mix honey with milk and apply. It will make the skin smooth and free from wrinkles.
For added benefits you can use honey with lemon juice as well.
Papaya consists of an enzyme called papain that goes inside the skin and provides nutrition. For its usage apply papaya pulp on the skin or make a mask of papaya with banana. Let the skin absorb the essence of it. You can also make a mask of papaya and honey. Apply it daily for better and quicker results.
8. Baking soda
Baking soda works as a superb scrub to exfoliate the skin. It removes all the impurities and dead cells that block the skin pores. It can be used by mixing it with water. Scrub on the affected regions with this paste do it for 1-2 minutes. Wash it off quickly. Apply moisturizer after following this procedure as baking soda can make the skin dry.
Yoghurt, as delicious it sounds, the more useful it is to the skin. It consists of lactic acid that helps in cleaning the skin pores. Once the pore gets cleared up, it shrinks in size. This reduces the visibility of the wrinkles and fine lines.
For its application, make a paste of yoghurt and olive oil. Apply it on top of the skin surface. After 30 minutes, rinse it off. After 5-7 applications, you will find your skin looking more younger.
10. Green tea
Green tea is full with antioxidants, that help in cleansing the skin pores and burning the calories. Other than helping in weight loss, it is very good for the skin as it makes the skin free of wrinkles and fine lines.
You can boil green tea in water for some time. Add honey to it when it is hot, because honey will dissolve soon. Drink this type of green tea and make your skin glow.
The techniques of skin treatments to make you look beautiful and younger have developed significantly over the past few decades and the newer methods are very successful. One of these method is laser resurfacing.
What is laser resurfacing?
Laser resurfacing is the technique of eliminating dead skin cells and tissue from the top layer of your skin and thus exposing a newer and younger layer of skin. Other techniques and methods that could be used to achieve the same are far more invasive procedures, such as face lifts or plastic surgery. Laser resurfacing has known benefits compared to other methods. Let's have a look at some of them.
Benefits of Laser resurfacing:
- Laser peels are way more effective at removing wrinkles: Laser resurfacing removes the wrinkles from the skin layer by layer and thus exposes newer skin more effectively and safely as compared to a lot of the other methods. It uses high energy laser beams to eliminate other problems on the skin such as scars, lines and sun damaged areas.
- Laser resurfacing tightens collagen: The collagen within the skin which makes it tighter is automatically increased after the laser resurfacing. Thus you don't have to take separate injections to tighten your skin as this procedure automatically results in it.
- This procedure is less invasive than others: Compared to other procedures, laser resurfacing is much less invasive. For example, facelift surgeries as well as plastic surgeries to make you look younger require extensive surgery which laser resurfacing doesn't.
- Healing time is quicker: Compared to all other procedures, laser resurfacing takes much less time in healing as the procedure is minimally invasive. In case of other forms of plastic surgeries, there is a much longer period of healing.
- It can even take care of acne scars: While laser resurfacing is primarily used to look younger, it can remove old scars like the ones caused by acne or pimples. Thus, it can remove year old scars while giving you beautiful and younger skin, all at the same time.
- It also stimulates the deeper layers of skin: This procedure also helps in stimulating deeper layers of skin cells and helps the skin become younger from much further down. This helps in making sure that the laser resurfacing effects stay for longer compared to other procedures.
While this procedure also takes some healing time, once the healing period is over, you will be very pleased to see the results. However, do your research and choose the best doctors and practitioners in your area as the quality of people administering the procedure also matters a lot.
I am living in himachal n due to very cold weather my skin is been dark n rough. So is there any cream. That cn help me to cure dark n rough skin to be smooth n clear.
Hello my age is 24, I have a very deep dark circle. I have take so many medicine but not getting gud result. please help me.
Black mark on my cheek. Main reason is mole on my cheeks. So black and dark circle. So what I do to remove this.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back, I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should I do?
Atopic Dermatitis: an overview
This discomforting skin condition can affect, both children and adults. It is often noticed in infants as well. Atopic dermatitis is even referred to as atopic eczema. It is characterized by skin inflammations. Under the effect of this condition, human skin tends to become itchy and irritable. This skin disease can be treated through medical assistance, but treatment is often followed by relapses. Homeopathy can effectively deal with the condition by reducing chances of a relapse. Homeopathy aims to look for underlying problems and treats your case without making you deal with side effects:
- Rhus Tox can prove to be effective: Many people suffering from atopic dermatitis might also suffer from asthma and are hence advised to take this homeopathic medication. A homeopathic practitioner will look for symptoms like reddened skin, persistent itching and vesicular eruptions. Eruptions on the skin can even be filled with fluids. Atopic dermatitis worsens during monsoons.
- Mezereum is known to treat atopic dermatitis: Mezereum is usually prescribed for infants who face the discomfort of atopic dermatitis. In infants, the skin condition is marked by eruptions on the scalp; mezereum treats these eruptions successfully. Ulcers with pus like oozing are also found on the scalp of a baby. This medicine will deal with all such symptoms.
- Try out the effects of Natrum Mur if you are suffering from certain skin condition: Patients who like consuming salty food or salt in general are prescribed with this medicine. Natrum Mur can cure crusting all along a person's hairline. Crusting results from dry hardened skin eruptions along the outline of a person's scalp. These eruptions are extremely itchy and have a bright red surface.
- Graphites can come to your aid: If a patient of atopic dermatitis is subject to sticky, fluid discharges from his or her skin eruptions, Graphites can be of immense help. Eruptions that occur in the folds of your body should be treated with Graphites. The back of your knees, the bend of your elbows and even itchy skin in the groins can be treated by taking this medication.
- Sulphur is also prescribed to help such a case: Patients who are susceptible to excessive itching when warm in bed or at night are asked to take Sulphur. Sulphur helps to cure cases where the person concerned has an extremely dry skin. This is a sought after homeopathic medicine known for its efficacy and should be a person's first choice in dire times.