Lybrate.com has top trusted Occupational Therapists from across India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Reeta MohanYour feedback matters!
The hand is one of the most commonly used parts of our body and is susceptible to damage, wear and tear as well as injury. Pain in the hand can be attributed to numerous causes, including damage and other conditions that can affect the joints, cartilage, nerves and other parts of the hand. Know more about controlling Joints Pain
De Quervain's tendinitis: This is also known as de Quervain's tendinosis. It causes pain on the thumb side of the wrist. The pain may grow slowly or suddenly. It can also spread to every part of the thumb and up the lower arm. On the off chance that you have de Quervain's tendinitis, you may experience pain while performing the following actions:
- Clenching The fist
- Handling on or holding objects
- Turning the wrist
Treatment for this includes the following:
- Wearing a prop to rest the thumb and wrist
- Calming drugs
- Cortisone infusions
Carpal tunnel disorder: This is common amongst the well-known nerve issues. It can cause pain in the following parts of the hand:
- Palm and a few fingers
- Lower arm
The treatment methods includes the following:
- Resting the hand and wrist
- Wrist support
- Steroid infusions
- Active recuperation
Fracture: It's a crack or break in a bone that can cause immense pain in the hand. Other than this, the hand may also experience the following:
- Loss of proper motion and movement
The kind of treatment depends on the kind of fracture. Braces are usually used for small fractures. Sticks, wires, or plates might be used to treat severe fractures. Likewise, surgery may also be recommended to set the broken bone properly.
Arthritis: This is a disease causing joint inflammation and stiffness of the joints. It causes the joints to lose the ligament that permits them to move easily against each other. This tears the ligament, giving rise to crippling pain and swelling.
In the hand, the regions where this regularly happens are as follows:
- Base of the thumb
- Center joint of one or more fingers
- End joint, which is nearest to the fingertip
The treatment depends on the seriousness of the injury and the following may be used:
- Props for the fingers or wrist
- Non-intrusive treatment
Trigger finger: Also known as stenosing tenosynovitis, this defect causes the fingers or the thumb to bend. It can be difficult, particularly when bowing or fixing the influenced finger or thumb.
Knobs may form on the influenced ligaments. Also, the sheath itself may thicken. In the long run, the ligament may get to be adhered when you attempt to fix a twisted finger or thumb. Learn more about Ligament Injury.
Resting now and again while wearing a support may help resolve the issue. Over-the-counter torment pharmaceuticals can facilitate the agony. Corticosteroid infusions can mitigate side effects. Surgery might be recommended for extreme cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
There was very little pain in my lower hip joint of both legs, so it was like 2 years and I was ignoring it and the pain was only felt at night so I never looked into it, but after 2 years as of now since 1 week the pain is extremely high at night, even I try to move my leg, the pain occurs real bad , So I got x-ray done but they say my bones are normal but there may be muscle pain, and they suggested me to not to drive bike which was my daily routine of college from 7 years and everyday I travel 30 kms ups and downs. And told me to stop picking up weight. Please help.
I am 27 years old and when I stand for a long time, my left heel of leg pains more than right leg. Whats the reason?
I am 22 year old I have pain in my joints I use move to have relief for a period of time. What can you do for this?
My mom is suffering from knee and joint pains is there any home remedies for this? She is 45 and a little fat (not much)
I have pain in shoulder joint. I have got it checked from different doctors and they said it's a frozen shoulder issue. You can get treated by medicines. But I could not recover that pain. Any solution to it? Age is 30.
Doc pls pls help me my dad had a severe pain in right hand nearer to shoulder so after consult our doc we came to know its a single block in heart so we took medicine for that issue for past 4 months. But still he had severe pain in hand in xray doc told us there is a shadowy area in right hand. Our doc he is a radiologist told us its a calcium deficiency so now my dad taking calcium tablets also. He still had the pain. I am really afraid about this. Will it be a any serious disease like cancer? Pls clear my doubt. He is also afraid about this. Pls someone help me.
A month ago I had a severe fever that existed for 4 days. The temperature stayed between 102°F - 104°F. No infection was detected by the blood test but I seemed to be a viral fever. Soon after temp came down I had severe pain in my hands and feet. After this situation I am feeling pain in finger joints (both hands and feet), wrists, ankles and knees. Just after waking up in the morning the stiffness of fingers is highest. From past one week it's making me uncomfortable. Though some exercise helps to reduce pain and ease movement of joints. Are these symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis? If yes then how should I deal with it?
I m 29years. I m suffering from foot problem. I go for running nd jogging etc daily. But from last 2-3 days my right foot is aching. I. E. Only while putting weight on it. I. E standing nd walking. There is no pain otherwise. Pain is somewhere in d lower arc of d foot. Can not find d exact location. It is somewhere inside. I consulted an orthopedic doctor he gave me meconerv nd savedol for 7 days nd said it is minor problem not to worry. But it is of no use. Please guide me.
I have a red eye from 10 days and my chest aching from 10 days and my left hand aching from 2 days please Help me.
Why do my body joints make frequent noises when they are stretched and in normal position? Is it necessary to get my blood tests done?
At night my legs pain lot I do not know what to do please help me or sugest me wich vitamin is less in my body.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a disorder of the joints characterized by swelling, inflammation and pain in the joints. This disorder is an autoimmune disorder, wherein the immune cells of the body start to view the tissues of the body as a potential threat.
Homeopathy treats this condition very effectively as it focuses on treating the cause of the disorder. The remedies in homeopathy moderate the overactive immune system and thus help in reducing inflammation in the bones. The homeopathic practitioner starts the diagnosis by enquiring about your medical history, symptoms, working environment and provides treatment accordingly.
The various homeopathic remedies that are used to treat rheumatoid arthritis are:
- Calcarea carbonica: Arthritis that leads to formation of nodes in the affected joint, accompanied by symptoms, which aggravate during damp weather, is very effectively remedied by this particular homeopathic medicine.
- Arnica: Arnica is a homeopathic remedy that is used to treat symptoms of chronic arthritis where you experience a sore feeling on a regular basis. The symptoms tend to worsen if you touch the affected area.
- Bryonia: If you have a throbbing pain in your joints, then bryonia is recommended. The symptoms tend to worsen in cold weather.
- Calcarea fluorica: This remedy is recommended if the pain tends to improve with the application of heat. The symptoms include swelling of the joints and formation of nodes. It is especially used if the arthritis develops after an injury.
- Kali carbonicum: If the joints are extremely stiff with the pain aggravating during the early morning hours, then this remedy is prescribed. It also helps if the symptoms tends to worsen in damp and cold weather.
- Pulsatilla: This remedy is prescribed in cases where the intensity of the pain keeps on fluctuating and also if the pain is not localized. The symptoms tend to worsen in warm conditions and improve in cold conditions.
- Rhododendron: Rhododendron is recommended if the symptoms of arthritis tend to flare up and aggravate in cold conditions. Generally the pain increases during the early morning hours or if you stay stationary for a long time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.