Lybrate.com has top trusted Audiologists from across India. You will find Audiologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Ms.Chandrima BhattacharjeeYour feedback matters!
My hearing power and my remembering power very low, I want to increase it, for that what I have to do?
Dear Sir I am 50 yrs old and my children have complain that I am having hearing problem that I don't listen to the door bell nor the ring of the phone. It happen very often but only when I watch television or listening to music and sometime during reading. Please let me know if there is anything serious.
Sir, I can not listen properly my hearing power is very low I cannot listen from short distance please help me tell me some clue so that I can resolve this.
Hearing loss is a common sensory problem that generally develops with increasing age or due to prolonged or persistent exposure to loud noises. It is one of the most typical problems that occurs throughout the world. If you are suffering from partial hearing loss, you may find ways of keeping in touch with your family and friends. If you are not suffering from such the following may help you keep your hearing intact for years to come.
Types of hearing loss:
There are two main types of hearing loss:
1. Conductive Hearing Loss where the problem lies in the middle ear, eardrum or ossicles. A conductive hearing loss affects the passage of sound between the eardrum and the inner ear. Sound passes down the ear canal to the ear drum and through the middle ear, where the sound is transmitted across the middle ear by the three bones called the ossicles to the inner ear.
Causes of conductive hearing loss:
- Malformation of outer ear, ear canal, or middle ear structures
- Fluid in the middle ear from colds
- Ear infection (otitis media - an infection of the middle ear in which an accumulation of fluid may interfere with the movement of the eardrum and ossicles
- Poor Eustachian tube function
- Perforated eardrum
- Benign tumors
- Impacted earwax
- Infection in the ear canal
- Foreign body in the ear
2. Sensorineural Hearing Loss where there is damage in the inner ear, cochlea or hearing nerve. Sensorineural hearing loss (SNHL) occurs when there is damage to the inner ear (cochlea), or to the nerve pathways from the inner ear to the brain. Most of the time, SNHL cannot be medically or surgically corrected. This is the most common type of permanent hearing loss.
Causes of sensorineural hearing loss:
- Exposure to loud noise
- Head trauma
- Virus or disease
- Autoimmune inner ear disease
- Hearing loss that runs in the family
- Aging (presbycusis)
- Malformation of the inner ear
- Meniere's Disease
Coping with Hearing Loss:
Antibiotics and eardrops are often prescribed to treat hearing loss and its symptoms. In many cases, people suffering from severe hearing loss use hearing aids. Hearing aids are tiny instruments that people use in their ears to make sounds louder. People who suffer from hearing loss cope with their problems through increased concentration and focus. The usual way involves reading the moving lips of the person while they talk. Prevention is better than cure and is the best solution to avoid long term hearing loss. Avoiding continuous loud noises, to the possible extent helps prevent hearing loss to a great extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
I'm working out for 2 years, now I'm looking forward to take whey protein powders as supplements, please suggest me a complete diet chart and the supplement which is to be taken, how much in quantity, for how long, which variant etc, I'll grateful to hear from you, thank you.
Hello doctoss koi technology aa rahe hh hearing loss ke liee jo hearing aid use kar rahee hh hearing loss ke lie (nerve weakness) ki koi medicine koi treatment koi surgery update information I am using iic oticon an phonak in left side koi eating preacautionss.
I am 34 years male. I am suffering with hearing loss (40% (R)& 45%(L)) in both ears for last 6 months. After audiometry and impedance test, I was said that my stapes bone inside the ear has been grown. I have been suggested for ear operation to replace this bone. Also recently I have started the tinnitus. But I do not want to go for operation as this being complex and near to inner ear. Another reason is non-availability of good surgeon in my area. I have started sodium fluoride tablets just to prevent further hearing loss and some yoga exercise. I may go for hearing aid as well. Please suggest if any food supplements or preventions to decrease the tinnitus. Thanks,
When I also fall in ill then my right ear is lick. I don't use any drop. My right ear hearing capacity is low is compare of left year. What should I do?
dear sir/madam i am suresh from mumbai request for your need that my only sister is unable to hear due to nerves problem. She was normal at the time of birth but due to an accident she got fractured her left leg and hospitalized her about 1 month and took too much medicine for recovery her,date time she was only 5 years old.she was heard up to 13 years of her age and slowly slowly she is getting hearing problem. i consulted with the ENT doctors and they only said that she has nerves problem due to the medicines she was taken at the time of fractured and take audiography test and put hearing aid but she is only 21 years old now and study.so please tell me what to do and whom i need to consult about this.
I am 54 years old male, having hearing problem in both the ears. Nearly 25% less hearing, should I go for operation or go for hearing aids. Please advice.
Hi I have cholesterol. Tremor in hand, gas, eye irritation, can not look in bright light, sound in ear.
Your hearing is one of the most important function your body carries out and sometimes you realize that you are losing your sense of hearing, when it is too late to get it back. There are two main reasons for this. One of the reasons is age and the other is when the inner ear's hair cells break down and do not pick up sound well.
Here are 7 ways to safeguard your hearing:
- Try to avoid loud places: It is not advisable to go to places where you have to shout to be heard, such as in a street, a concert or a construction site.
- Buy low noise rating equipment: The equipments in your house will make sound that you hear the most. Try to avoid these equipments by buying appliances with a low noise rating.
- Wear hearing protection at loud places: However, it is true that it is not always possible to avoid loud noises. This is when you need to get hearing protection. Earplugs and earmuffs are two of the best ways to make sure that even when you are in a loud place, your hearing does not get affected. Earplugs and earmuffs generally reduce sound by 15 to 30 decibels, which may be crucial to make sure that later in your life, you do not lose your hearing.
- Avoid smoke: Smoking raises your chance of hearing loss. Second hand smoke does the same thing. Therefore, try to avoid, both smoking and secondhand smoking.
- Remove earwax properly: Earwax cannot be removed properly using a cotton swab. Instead, you should use an irrigation kit. Remember this as otherwise; the earwax could muffle your hearing.
- Avoid medications which reduce hearing: Certain medications increase hearing loss. Therefore, double check with your doctor to make sure your medicines will not make you lose your hearing.
- Get your hearing tested: Finally, get your hearing tested as identifying the problem early on can help stop worsen the situation.