Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Sex Addiction Counselling
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs. Deepti DafadrYour feedback matters!
Hello. I am not clear is it depression symptoms or not but suddenly I feel very happy n whole day is nice but next day I feel bad, I replied to my husband n daughter (just 4 year old) in a bitter n rude prompt reply. Thnx whole day I do not want to talk any one. Thnx suddenly I feel I am bad not good mother. What I am doing with my daughter n feel regret.
I am facing short term memory loss. Example. Sometime when there are two thread of discussion I forget the first one. When meet someone yesterday I used to forget their name next day. I am 42 male with 12 years of diabetic history and 3 months of BP. BP and Sugar in control. My triglyceride is usually high around 260-400. My wt is 98 kgs. Height 5.6. Also have bad breadth problem for 12 years. My teeth and gum is normal but smell cum from side gums. My side teeth are very dense. Dental hygiene is normal but smell come from beneath gums. Normal scaling does not help. Other issue. Lack of concentration and stress. I take glycomate gp-1 forte twice daily and Telma H in morning.
I am a fully alcoholic patient. Now I am planning to stop this habit. Can you suggest some ideas to stop this?
Hi, am 27 years old I hve an habit of smoking from past 3 years I will take 2 cig per day, but now am willing to quit smoking as soon as possible please suggest me how can I quit smoking asap.
What short of things I should do to stay healthy during exams time. Getting nervous every now and then.
I am depressed for long time now I get medicines. But look like it is going more time I need a relief quickly how can I do?
I am 26 year old male. I have been smoking for last 8 years. For the past few months I am experiencing severe cough which doesn't go away. Is this caused due to my smoking habit or something else? Should I be worried?
Sir/Maam 5 days ago I took 3 puff from marijuana joint and since then I am feeling really weird like I have foggy brain ,I can't think properly ,anxiety ,dizziness and I feel like I am still high. Please help me as this is really freaking me out and also I am not chain smoker I smoked only 5 times in my life.
I haven't been able to sleep for long hours and I have a heavy mind stress. I can tried to many ways to decrease my mind stress. But finally all are failed. So that How to cool my mind And how to change mood of my mind? Please help me.
Hlo sir, I am feeling depressed due to my personal reason nd I am feeling very please pls tell me what should I do?
My brother age 21 yrs drinks alcohol. I wanted to ask if giving dizone is safe. I am worried about its impotency side effect.
Building your child’s confidence and self image is an important part of raising a child. Self image can be defined as a child’s view of himself and his strengths. If a child is comfortable with his self image, he will have confidence in himself. A foundation of self confidence is key to a child’s success in his adult life. In their childhood years, a parent is the main source of building a child’s self worth or self confidence. Here are a few ways you can develop your child’s self confidence.
1. Avoid negative self talk: Children learn by watching their parents. Hearing parents berate themselves will make children do the same. Talking badly about yourself can reinforce a low self esteem. Hence avoid talking negatively about yourself and stop your child from doing it as well. If your child talks negatively about himself, give him evidence to prove the opposite or give them meaningful compliments. Also avoid calling your child names to shame him as these are likely to stay ingrained in his mind.
2. Celebrate uniqueness: Don’t make your child feel like he has to live up to the standards set by siblings or peers. Further, do not pressurize them to fulfill your dreams. Recognize your child’s strengths and celebrate his unique abilities. Help them develop their talents and set their own standards for themselves.
3. Let your child make decisions: Empower your child by allowing them to make decisions about simple things like what game to play or what to eat for dinner. Make them feel that their views are valued and thus teach them to be an active member of the family.
4. Let them work things out for themselves: Spoon feeding your child makes things easier at the time, but in the long run can have a negative effect on their self confidence. Be patient and let your child try and do things for himself. As he meets and overcomes new challenges, his confidence will grow. Give your child age appropriate chores to do around the house. This helps build responsibility and a feeling of competency.
5. Be genuine about your praise: Children are highly intuitive and can tell the difference between sincere praise and something being said merely for the sake of it. For example, if your child has made a drawing, instead of simply telling your child that he is an artist in the making be more specific and praise his choice or colours or ability of colouring within the lines.