Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mrs. Anindta Ghosh
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs. Anindta GhoshYour feedback matters!
My son is 13yrs old, and he is not taking anythings seriously and even not interested in his studies all time joking and he feels all things are easy in life please help me how to make him understand.
Kissing has several benefits than it may seem, sure, it feels great, but apart from that, it also lowers your blood pressure. It further releases epinephrine hormone into your blood which allows your heart to pump blood faster and hence reduces the amount of the bad cholesterol. Here are a few reasons as to why you must grab the person you love and kiss him or her as soon as possible:
- It helps reduce your blood pressure: Kissing dilates the blood vessels and this can in turn help reduce the levels of your blood pressure.
- Relieves headache and cramps: The dilatation effect on the blood vessels seems to have a pronounced effect in relieving pain. This includes headaches and cramps from menstrual pain.
- Fights cavities: The saliva production in your mouth increases when you kiss. The excess saliva production helps to wash away the germs and plaque that accumulate in your mouth over a period of time. On the contrary, the cavity forming germs can also be transmitted from the mouth of one person to the other.
- Helps by releasing your happy hormones: Kissing helps release a cocktail of hormones such as dopamine, serotonin and oxytocin that are responsible for giving you a happy high. It is not just the sense of happiness you get from it, but also the hormones released can help strengthen the bond with your partner. Your lips have a dense connection of nerve endings which elevate the sense of pleasure in a person.
- Burn calories: Does it substitute for a 2 mile jog? No. But studies have shown that a good session of intense kissing can help burn up to about 8 to 16 calories.
- Boosts your self-esteem: Research has shown that people who leave home with a good bye kiss are more likely to work better and be in a good mood for the entire day. It could be because of the sense of feeling loved and cared for that makes one happy. A kiss can boost your self-esteem and even make you more productive at work.
- Tones the muscles of your face: Kissing involves the muscles present in your face and jaw line. A vigorous smooch can allow those muscles to act up and shape them in the process.
- Check out the compatibility with your partner: Kissing can be an important factor to measure the initial attraction of a person. This could be so important that it is often noticed that if the first kiss is not up to the mark, it can be a great turn off. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
As she is now young but she can not sleep very well. Nd also mot getting mentally conmofort please help her.
As Naksha is my friend she get headache when she's exposed to Sun for much time and that lasts for long time and she's going into a depression that what's happening to me why I am getting weaker she's afraid of doctors and she has eye sight and she's using spectacles can I know the reason she gets headache regularly when she gets exposed to sun.
A head full of the lush silky mane is what everyone desires as it enhances one's personality and physical image but with the growing levels of pollution and workload, it becomes difficult to maintain its health and beauty. There are a number of factors that contribute to the deterioration of hair and stress is one of them.
Stress is a complimentary ingredient in today's lifestyle. Hectic work schedules, maintaining a social life and many other reasons invite stress and it has become increasingly difficult to avoid. There are three types of hair fall that can be attributed to stress and anxiety.
- Telogen effluvium - There are three stages in the life cycle of hair, growth, resting and shedding stage. Stress and anxiety incurred from physical trauma, severe accident, illness and pregnancy can cause sudden and in most cases temporary hair fall. Sudden stress shocks the hair follicles and pushes them to the resting stage resulting in hair fall from combing or washing. This type of hair loss has been termed as Telogen effluvium.
- Trichotillomania - Pulling out hair from the scalp, eyebrows can be a way of dealing with stress. Inner palpitation, tension, anxiety has a way of coming to the surface and it has been noticed in some people that they unknowingly pull their hair out to cope with stress and in worst cases they also make a habit of it. This condition is commonly referred to as Trichotillomania.
- Alopecia areata - Hair falls out from certain portions of the scalp exposing scattered patches of skin. There are several reasons for this condition known as Alopecia areata, and stress has been identified as one. With alopecia, the immune system of the body attacks the hair follicles causing them to shed.
Hair loss itself can cause anxiety and stress further complicating the problem. Abnormal shedding of hair is usually an indication of a deep-rooted medical condition which should be treated immediately. Distressing and meditation can help treating hair loss.hair growth
Although a natural emotion, anger needs to be managed at all times so that it doesn’t get out of control and cause problems in your life. Whether at home, work or in your relationships, uncontrolled anger can affect your general life quality. However, controlling your anger comes with the benefit of improving your overall health, while reducing stress levels.
Here are some of the ways that you could learn to gain control on your temper:
1. Practice deep breathing
Instead of allowing your anger to get out of control, every time you start feeling angry, get down to practicing some simple breathing techniques to calm your tense body and mind. Here’s what you should do when enraged:
- Take slow, but deep breaths to counteract the stress reaction that usually accompanies anger
- Slowly repeat a calming word or phrase, which could be “relax”, “take it easy” or “I am in control of my anger”
- Work on your muscles by tightening and then relaxing them
2. Count from 1 to 100 or 100 to 1
Counting numbers can prevent you from flying off the handle. It takes your mind away from the cause of your anger and prevents you from mulling over the situation. The act of counting also provides you with the time to delay the impulsive behaviour that often follows the emotion. You can even make this more effective by breathing in slowly and deeply whenever you start on a
3. Focus on the present
Whenever you’re angry, don’t look back at the past. By doing so, you may end up bringing past grievances into your present situation, while holding others responsible for feeling how and what you feel. Instead focus your attention on what you can do in the present to work out the issue.
4. Relax tight muscles
Another tip that can help you to cool down fast is a gentle massage of the areas of tension, which are usually the shoulders, neck and scalp. For the shoulders, simply rotate them to relax tight muscles. To release the tension that gets built up in your neck and head region, perform a simple scalp massage to improve blood circulation and consequently, relax your mind.
5. Listen to music
Listening to music can soothe frayed nerves and calm you down. It works by helping you to sieve through the feelings of anger and disappointment in a constructive manner.
6. Change of situation
Taking yourself away from the source of anger, whether it’s the place or the person concerned, is an anger management skill that you can use to calm yourself. To do this, you can either close your eyes and transport yourself to a quiet and peaceful place or simply walk away to let your anger fizzle out. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!