Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurologists from across India. You will find Neurologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Mrinal Kanti RoyYour feedback matters!
I have epilepsy and had been taking oxetol 450 mg from past 2 yrs. But only seizure has vanished but I still speak in sleep. How to avoid that. Talking in sleep.
Hello sir, my sister is a patient of epilepsy with psychiatric problems, since 4 years every test is being normal and she is not responding to any medicine right now she is on OXETOL 450 and FRISIUM 10 twice a day . Please help. She is 20 years of age .all the information is of patients.
1. Avoid excessive glare, work on systems, watching tv for longer time, irritable smoke or smell. As these can be trigger points for your headache.
2. Whenever you sense you are going to have headache, go to a silent dark place where you can sit silently till the headache wanes off or if possible you can go to bed.
3. You can take a cup of coffee during headache, as its found to help in reducing headaches.
4. Follow meditation regularly.
Hi is duloxetine used to treat Parkinson disease ?Is it evident that using duloxetine confirms one has Parkinson? Please suggest.
As the famous quote says, 'prevention is better than cure', let us take you through some preventive measures to keep you and your loved ones away from the dreadful brain stroke. Brain stroke occurs due to an interruption in the regular blood flow to the brain or bursting of a blood vessel or due to the bursting of blocked artery, which reduces the supply of oxygen and nutrients, leading the brain cells to die.
Top 8 things that will reduce the likelihood of having a brain stroke:
- Eat well: Having good eating habits are not just good for a healthy outlook of the body, but also benefits the body in many other ways. Eating a plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, fibre rich diet, reducing salt and fat content can prevent stroke.
- Stay Active: Regular exercising not just makes you feel and look good, but also reduces the odds of developing a brain stroke. Exercising regularly or keeping the physical activities regularly will keep you away from suffering a stroke. Pick any physical activity, but do work out to stay away from the brain stroke.
- Say no to Smoking and drugs: Yes! The more you smoke, the more are the chances of you of suffering the deadly brain stroke.
- Control your blood pressure: Normal range varies with age of patient. Regular check-up of blood pressure is advisable to control the chances of suffering a stroke as high blood pressure can result into damage of arteries, which causes brain stroke.
- Drink in limits: Limit the amount of alcohol you consume, as alcohol increases the blood pressure, which is one of the main reasons behind the stroke. The high amount of alcohol can increase the blood pressure to a higher level very quickly. Consulting a doctor is the best option in case you are not able to control your alcohol intake.
- Cholesterol: People suffering from high cholesterol are at higher risk of strokes as the cholesterol can travel to the arteries in the body making the arteries narrow and the body more prone to suffer a stroke. Choosing healthy lifestyle helps in reducing the cholesterol level.
- Diabetes: High level of diabetes is one of the most prominent reasons behind stroke. One should get his diabetes level checked and keep it under control since the arteries might get blocked because of fatty deposits because of higher sugar levels.
- Depression/Stress: Any kind of depression or stress, generally leads to avoidance of all or some of the points discussed above and hence becomes a reason for an unhealthy body, which is more prone to strokes. Consultation with a doctor and/or psychiatrist is advisable in case a person if suffering from depression.
Improving your health and taking charge of your life should be the top most priority and should never be ignored. Regular health checkups can pick these diseases early and are encouraged. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
Seizures can occur for a number of reasons and often they can be prevented. One common cause of seizures is epilepsy, and in most cases, seizures associated with the condition can be prevented if you know what's triggering them and take steps to modify or avoid those triggers.
Epilepsy Causes, Treatment, and Prevention
Epilepsy — a disorder in which a person has recurring, unprompted seizures due to abnormal electrical activity in the brain — affects an estimated 50 million people worldwide. In about half of those people, the cause of the epilepsy is unknown. Among the other 25 million individuals, the cause may be a defect in the structure of the brain, a tumor or stroke, or a severe head injury — the most common known cause in young adults, according to the Epilepsy Therapy Project. Therefore, it's important to protect your head with a helmet any time you're engaged in an activity in which your head could be damaged, such as playing a contact sport like football or riding a bicycle, all-terrain vehicle, or motorcycle.
There are several medications that can successfully treat and manage epilepsy and help keep seizures to a minimum. Anticonvulsant drugs can work if taken correctly. In some cases, a low carbohydrate, high-fat diet known as the ketogenic diet may be prescribed to help treat children with epilepsy and prevent seizures.
Know Your Triggers, Prevent Seizures
Epileptic seizures are often associated with particular triggers or changes in your daily habits or routine. Here are some common behaviors and factors that may trigger an epileptic seizure:
.Stress, anxiety, or other emotional issues
.Alcohol or drug abuse or the process of quitting alcohol or drugs
.Change in sleep schedules, feeling very tired, or significant sleep deprivation
.A change in medications, or skipping or missing a dose of .anti-seizure medication
.Something that overstimulates the senses, like lights that flash brightly, watching television, playing video or computer games, or working on a computer
.Hormonal changes in women, often from pregnancy or menstruation
.Mental strain, such as from solving complex problems
You can't always predict what will trigger an epileptic seizure; sometimes they'll occur for no apparent reason. But many people are able to see a correlation between certain behaviors and their seizures. By taking steps to minimize these factors, you may be able to prevent seizures.
Seizure Prevention Tips
Here are some tips that may help reduce your risk of having an epilepsy seizure:
Get plenty of sleep each night — set a regular sleep schedule, and stick to it.
Learn stress management and relaxation techniques.
Avoid drugs and alcohol.
Take all of your medications as prescribed by your doctor.
Avoid bright, flashing lights and other visual stimuli.
Skip TV and computer time whenever possible.
Avoid playing video games.
Eat a healthy diet.
Until more is known about the causes of epilepsy and how it can be prevented, your best bet to prevent seizures associated with epilepsy is to avoid the things that can trigger your seizures. This can make a measurable difference in the number of seizures you have.