Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Mridula MukherjeeYour feedback matters!
I am on medication for diabetes, hypertension and cholestrol control. Immediately after brushing my teeth I have bad breath. My teeth and gums are in perfect condition .What causes this and how can I prevent it?
What is pneumothorax lung disease? I can't understand. And what is the reason of this disease. Please help me.
My friend is suffering from blood vomiting a twice and now she has no problem and she is alright but I am afraid of why she has to get blood vomiting is this is symptoms of cancer?
Hi I am vijay. Daily I woke up 2am without reason and then thereafter I can't sleep well till morning.
I have a problem of constipation since my childhood n cause of it there is back pain n eye problem also so pls tell a best treat for dis.
Hello sir 4 times nightfall ho gaya to sir ja problem ha ka nhi or ma 18 year ho gaya aaj plzz sir batao.
Sir i son is 11 years old and he has breathing problem on sleeping he kept his mouth open and breathing problem in left side from the nose he cannot breath normally docter suggest for surgery(mass badna near nose)reason can i go for surgery please give advise.
I have some burning and itchy reddish spot on my body and my reproductive organ slightly changes to grey. 2 months back I stepped in syringe after that only I got these problems. These are all symptoms of hiv?
I am suffering with irritation in throat from past two weeks, cough is stuck in throat and feel unusual while inhaling.
No temperature from outside but high feverish feeling and body pains continuously from past 1 week. What might be the reason? And what should be done?
I have piles problem from last 6month and I was tried medicine for that but you can not get relief so please sir give me right suggestion please help me.
I always feel sleepy though I completed my sleeping previous night for 7-8 hrs and this happens to me almost daily. Wats the reason behind this?
Dear doctor, From 1 month inside my throat exactly down to uvula 7-8 blisters which is pimple shape. It is painless and sometime cough also coming. That cough color white. I already trying some medicine along with all home treatments like salt water, honey, haritaki etc. SO please help me I'm fully scared about that.
If stressed, consuming certain food and medications can trigger skin rashes. This kind of rash is called hives. It is also known as urticaria. Anyone can be affected by hives, at least 20% of people are affected by hives at some time or the other in their lives. The itching could be severe or mild. It starts as a patch of scaly white skin that develops into red welts over time. To make sure the itching does not worsen, scratching, emotional stress, alcoholic drinks and exercise should be avoided.
- Itchy bumps that are raised and are either red or flesh coloured
- If the hive is pressed in the middle, the skin whitens this symptom is called blanching.
- The hive formation can appear anywhere, disappear and then reappear somewhere else.
- Certain food like shellfish, eggs, peanuts and other nuts
- Certain medicines like antibiotics, ibuprofen and aspirin
- Insect bites or stings
- Physical causes like pressure, sun exposure, cold, exercise and heat
- Blood transfusions
- Bacterial infections
- Pet allergens
- Viral infections like the common cold, hepatitis and infectious mononucleosis
- Certain plants like poison ivy and poison oak
There is no distinct cure for hives. But you can control its symptoms in the following ways:
- Antihistamines help in blocking histamines, which cause the allergy symptoms. Non sedating or low sedating Antihistamines will be mostly recommended by your doctor.
- If episodes of hives are several, it may require limited treatment with prednisone. Prednisone will be able to lessen the symptoms.
- If the symptoms get severe enough so much so that it swells up your tongue and you have problem breathing, then the doctor might prescribe an epinephrine. However, these symptoms can mean another thing, an anaphylaxis shock. Epinephrine is the only treatment for an anaphylaxis shock.
If what caused hives to break out is figured out, then measures should be taken to avoid or eliminate the triggers.
- Avoid eating food items that triggered the symptoms in the first place
- If harsh soaps, frequent bathing cause hives, they should be avoided
- Tight clothing should be avoided
- If cold triggers hives, then wear warm clothing, wrap a scarf and do not swim in cold water.
- Avoid sun exposure and wear sunblock
- If a specific medication is causing the hives, inform your doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.