Find numerous Acupressurists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Acupressurists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Acupressurists online in Kolkata. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Ear Acupuncture Technique
Electro Acupuncture Procedure
Scalp Acupuncture Treatment
Three Edge Needling Procedure
There is a pain like pricking of needle/pin in my back of the thigh and into the lower leg and foot. And it increases in night when I go to sleep. Why? How?
Hi I am 60 year old. I have right upper & left middle back burning pain. Doctor had advised me to go got physiotherapy. During 1st session of physiotherapy, my physiotherapist had used vibrator on the pain area. After this session, I am having issue with my voice. Should this be a concern? what next should I do?
Hllo doc, My son is Six and a half years old. Yestrd I am shocked of seeing a white hair over his head. May I know the reason doc in this small age hw this happens. please wat is the remedy doc.
Hi Doctor I having pain in my foot and continuously sleeping, problem in last 2 days, my age 30 and my weight is 68.
Hi, I have been using hair dryer for almost a year. Thereafter I feel dullness in my hair. They are dry, and clumsy. I use hair oil once in a fortnight and no gel or other hair product. I keep my hair short. I need some hair moisturizing tips along with some maintenance tips to keep them healthy and strong.
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.