Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Moloy PrakashYour feedback matters!
Mere breasts mei hmesha pain rhta hai or bhot heavy sa feel hota hai. Jb letne k baad uthti hu to bhot dard hota hai.
Hi this is satinder I have blemish in my face and forehead, I tried many things just want to if there is any treatment for me. I was watching videos on you tube with Dr. chirnjeet was fantastic. I requesting you if you can let me know how long the treatment takes because I am living in Sydney and coming new delhi in Nov for five weeks. So I can make appointment before I arrive. Thanks.
My face is getting dry and peeling off. And most annoying is its getting whitish and stretchy is there any cream or lotion to get rid of this.
Sir I'm a 15 yr old boy. I have raised moles on my face. What can I do to remove them. And whats the normal cost fir visiting a dermatologist?
What treatment should I do to get a permanent glow in my face. I'm fair but want to get more. Any treatment? Please suggest. Thank you!
I am suffering From Sunburn Skin. And now a day My skin is getting so dark and Blackness. Give me some medicine for Glow up my skin and I can received Whiteness of my skin. Please give me reply as soon as possible.
What are the symptoms of prostate enlargement and what are the steps to take to overcome it, if I have it?
I am getting blackheads and backache. It's leaving a black dotted spot on my skin. Can you please help me? Regards Zeeshan 8447233934.
How ro remove nose black heads. I try many thinks like lemon or backing powder. Tell me please any solution.
Acne vulgaris is a skin disease that causes pimples. It begins in the skin’s oil glands.
Oil travels onto the surface of the skin via a canal called the hair follicle. Pimples pop up when the hair, oil and cells in the follicle form a plug, which clogs the pore. This allows for the bacteria that normally live on the skin to grow and multiply in the clogged pore and when your body’s defense system attacks these bacteria, the area gets inflamed resulting in an unsightly pimple.
Most pimples are found on the face, neck, back, chest, and shoulders and just about anyone can get these zits. No one knows exactly what causes acne in adults. Contrary to what you may have heard, pimples are not caused by dirty skin, but dirt may aggravate acne and so does stress.
Types of acne
Acne can be two types:
- White heads - If the clogged follicle stays beneath the skin and you get a whitish zit, it’s called a white head.
- Black heads - If the plugged follicle reaches the skin surface, you get a blackish bump called a black head. The blackness is because the sebum or oil darkens on the skin’s surface due to exposure to air.
Who is susceptible?
- Anyone can get pimples, but people who are undergoing hormonal changes like adolescents and pregnant women are more susceptible. An increase in levels of certain hormones during puberty can cause the skin oil cells to enlarge and make more oil.
- Adult women become predisposed when they stop taking the contraceptive pill or begin taking it, as this causes a hormonal see-saw too.
- Studies suggest that you can also inherit a tendency to have acne. So genes play a role.
- Certain drugs can cause acne.
- Oily cosmetics can clog pores, leading to acne.
Prevention of Acne
There is no sure way to prevent acne, but try these measures to prevent severe breakouts –
- Wash your face often if you have oily skin.
- Try oil-free cosmetics. Choose products labeled ‘noncomedogenic’, which do not promote the formation of closed pores.
- Always wash after exercising because sweat can clog your skin pores and make your existing acne worse.
- Remember to wash your face and other areas prone to acne as soon as possible, especially after cooking hot, greasy food.
- If you use stuff like hair sprays or styling gels, make sure that you keep them away from your face as much as possible as these products contain oils that can make acne worse. Always try to use water-based products if you are prone to acne.
- If you get acne on your chest or back, avoid wearing tight clothes as these can rub against the acne and cause irritation.
- Never try to pop or squeeze a zit as this can push infected skin and pus deeper into your skin, which can lead to more swelling and redness.
- Wash hair often if you have an oily or dandruff-prone scalp.
Treatment of acne
- It usually takes time to find a product that works for your skin. Over-the-counter (OTC) products come in different strengths. The ingredient that works for most people is benzoyl peroxide. Another ingredient, salicylic acid, is also very effective as it helps to dry up pimples.
- It's best to seek a dermatologist's advice if you find OTC products aren't working for you. He or she will prescribe special gels, creams or pills to fight stubborn acne.
I was having ache due to which I got little bit scars. I did treatment and got rid of ache and scars but do to access of treatment my face gets blush. When I talk face gets blush, when little bit heat comes across face it gets blush, when I sit, suddenly face gets blush.
I am 25 Year Old Man, My Face Skin is little Dark. Give me some solution to make it rightly fair. I don't want a much glowing face but looking to get it bright face. A fairly light colour.
When I wake up and do bed rest then my leg, back and sometime hands start pain I was suffering from chicken pox before two months .aisa kyun ho raha h? And m taking non veg regularly in my diet its good after chicken pox or not?
Having a cosmetic surgery is quite a big deal. It is an expensive surgery, which causes alteration of your body features. Although cosmetic surgeries are usually effective and provide satisfactory results, you should keep several things in mind before a cosmetic surgery. You should know all important facts about cosmetic surgeries, their procedure and results before undertaking one.
Here are the things you should consider and keep in mind:
- Cosmetic surgeries are permanent: You would like the idea of perfecting several features of your body using a cosmetic surgery. However, you must keep in mind that such a surgery is permanent and your features would be altered forever. You should not undergo a cosmetic surgery half-heartedly and must think over and over before finalizing.
- You should know why you are having a surgery: You need to have proper reasons why you want to undergo a cosmetic surgery. You should consider the exact reason why you feel that a cosmetic surgery is required. There are several physical and emotional changes which occur after a surgery and you should be prepared for the same.
- You should know the results you want: Before having a cosmetic surgery, you should know exactly how the results would appear. Having a rough idea will not do and you should know beforehand how you are going to look post-surgery. You must make the doctor understand your requirements and desired results perfectly so that he or she can give the best results. You may use pictures and illustrations to explain your objectives to the surgeon.
- You should know about the outcomes: Knowing about all the possible outcomes of the cosmetic surgery, which you have opted for is very important. For this, you need to surf the internet and do some research. Read from trustworthy medical care websites and also consult people who have had a cosmetic surgery before. You should also keep in mind the consequences which may arise if you do not like the results of a cosmetic surgery and be prepared mentally, in case some complications occur.
- You should choose the best surgeon: Choosing a capable and efficient surgeon is an important thing to do, before thinking of having a cosmetic surgery. You should consider the location, experience and approach, while choosing the right surgeon. You should also make sure that the surgeon is qualified and registered to practice.
A cosmetic surgery is a serious surgery, which will change the way you look in certain ways, depending upon the type of cosmetic surgery you have chosen. Before deciding on having a cosmetic surgery, you should consider the above-mentioned factors and then only go for it.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Here are causes, prevention, and treatments of patchy or uneven skin tone
Hi, I am Dr. Nivedita Dadu, a Dermatologist at Skinology skin clinic and today I will be discussing Patchy or uneven skin tone. Patchy or uneven skin tone occurs because of over production of melanin. The causes of which include the nutritional or vitamin deficiencies, dietary deficiency, hormonal imbalances, climatic factors like sun damage and pollution and skin disorders. As a patient one instrument that your pigmentation concerns need to be addressed at a various level like following the right skin care routine, using the right sunscreen and face washes, taking the right multivitamin, supplements, anti-oxidants. Deficiencies of which may lead to skin looking dry or damaged or fatigued.
Using the right skin medications that are nonsteroidal and safe for your skin. For Faster results 1 may go under procedure like chemical peels, mesotherapy and Laser tonic. Chemical peels remove the superficial dull damaged layer of the skin and help the new fresher younger skin to grow back. Mesotherapy is a French technique in which vitamin C and other active ingredients are infused into the skin. These active ingredients renew the epidermal layer of the skin, illuminates your complexion, reduce discoloration, even out the skin tone, protect the skin from free radicals. For any further query you can contact me directly or through Lybrate.