Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mina GhoshYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. My child have 4 years uski problem a hai ke night mai jab sotin n.a. Her bar urine kardalti iska koi solution hai KyA doctor jo sotai waqht urine karna chord dai. please help me.
Sir, I have 4 1/2 month baby, his birth wt was 3kg. Last month his wt was 6. 1 kg. But now he weighs only abt 6. 5. I prefer only breast milk my doctor prescribe him to improve his wt by giving first foods wheat. Can I continue with I need a second opinion for it
My son age is 16 month. 4 month ago blood came out when he used to urine we did all the tests & ultrasound nothing came in that after taking medicine he was ok but after one month a swelling on his penis face is visible inside the skin so can you please tell me what is the thing.
My baby is 11 months old now. He doesn't wish to eat anything except breastfeeding or water. He has to be forcibly fed after 3-4 hours. He is weak also and has not started walking or standing by himself. What should I do?
My baby is 2.5 months now and I am to start office works from April. Is it safe giving my baby stored breast milk? I have seen few ads on it. Is it suggested to be given? Are there any harms that can happen to the baby? If to start other home made food items what is the right time?
Hi - my baby boy is 7 month old and his weight is 8 kg. His weight at birth is 3. 3kg. My question is the weight of the baby is fine or we have to give some suppliments.
Dear Doctor, This mail is regarding my child who is 10 years old and issues related to him are: 1.He had Dengue last year 2015 and was hospitalized for two weeks, and had 18 bottles IV fluid administered, he recovered but, his immunity has gone down. 2.He has started eating rather, hogs on food, has put up weight, he is 43 kgs now. 3. He has become lazy and has no interest in studies, was a very good student he used to be in 1- 3 ranking in the class. 4. His memory has gone down, because of his laziness. 5. Very important. He has got adenoids. Some extra growth inside nose which has to be operated, very soon we are deciding on that. Please, advice on this issue. Thanks.
I am 24 years old and I have 6 months baby girls and stomach look like a 6 months pregnant and too fat it looking like a ugly and after delivery I didn't used abnormal belt and saree cloth for 40 days that why also my stomach so fat and my total weight is 65 kgs.
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- it is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- it is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- a calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- if your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.