Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mazhar Alam
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mazhar AlamYour feedback matters!
Hi, Please suggest For how much time should I leave melalite cream on face and how many times should I apply in a day.
The skin is exposed to many things, which causes it to lose its luster and appear dull. Apart from the external factors certain internal factors also cause skin darkening. Internal factors, such as what you eat and how much you exercise also affect its condition and thus in turn, affects how you look. Your skin may develop dark spots, blemishes and tan. Let’s look at some of the ways this can be tackled resulting in fairer skin.
Changing lifestyle habits and your daily routine:
- Protection from the sun: Many of the blemishes and spots on your skin are due to the exposure you have had to the sun. Thus ensure that you have sufficient UV protection with the best possible SPF levels that suit your skin. Generally, in Indian climate, an SPF count of 30 is recommended. However, the correct SPF count would depend on one’s skin texture. Wear hats as well as sunglasses while outside to prevent tanning as well as dark circles.
- Exfoliate regularly: This is an important step as most of the dead skin cells on your body are darker in skin tone than the newer cells beneath them. If you exfoliate regularly, then this layer of dead skin cells will be removed making you fairer. However, don’t exfoliate more than two times a week as it would lead to excessively dry skin.
Homemade lightening treatments for your skin:
- Turmeric paste: You can make turmeric paste with either olive oil or milk and then make it into a mask. Apply it and keep it for 20 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. Doing this for a few days should result in noticeable results.
- Lemon Juice rinse: Mix equal amounts of lemon juice from half a lemon with water in a glass. Then dab this mixture on your face body and hands and keep it there for 20 minutes or so. Apply moisturizer and don’t go out in the sun immediately. Do this for a few days a week and you should see results quickly.
- Potato rub: Cut a potato into thick slices and ensure that you rub it over the face or on areas where you want to lighten the skin.
- Other treatments: Other home remedies also include, green coconut water rinses, honey lemon masks and papaya masks among others. If you wish to discuss about any specific skin problem, you can consult a specilized dermatologist and ask a free question.
I am 26 years old female I have acne problem on my face from almost 2 years I have tried allopathy but it minimizes my pimples but not exactly clears my face, even I got blemishes all over my face Now I have switched to homeopathy but no improvement What can I do now?
I want to my skin to look glowing and soft. I am 21 years old. And my skin is oily. Tell me what to do ?
I am female in my face has full of pimples how to remove the pimples and how to improve skin tone of the my skin please help me.
I have to work in sunlight bcoz of this mah fairness getting reduce. Small small darkspots are their wt home readime should I use.
I am suffering stool with mucous 2 to 3 times at morning since 2 month. No pain, and blood while defecation. What is problem. Endoscopy and ultrasound both are normal sir.
I have developed dark circles under my eyes and its turning darker day by day. What should I do now?
Hi, a Wart is developed on my left cheek beside my lips from last 6-7 months. After that I consulted many homeopathic physicians for the same but till now it's not getting cured. Pls help me out.
Prostate Cancer is a form of cancer that affects men. The prostate is basically a small gland that sits in the male pelvic cavity and is responsible for producing seminal fluid or semen, from its position under the bladder, surrounding the urethra. The testosterone hormone controls this gland.
Prostate cancer refers to the growth of a malignant mass of cells which can also be called a tumour. More about this cancer:
- Risk Factors: The various risk factors involved in this kind of cancer are many. Advanced age, a family history of the same disease, obesity as well as genetic changes can lead to the development of this kind of tumour.
- Types: There are basically two types of prostate cancer, including fast growing or aggressive, and slow growing or non-aggressive. Yet, it is also important to remember that not every abnormal growth in this gland can be termed as a tumour, or is a sign of prostate cancer. A malignant growth signifies prostate cancer. This tumour can grow at a fast pace for aggressive prostate cancer, while it can grow and spread slowly for the non-aggressive type.
- Symptoms: It is possible to not have any kind of obvious symptoms when suffering from this kind of cancer. The symptoms usually begin to show up when the cancer has reached a more advanced stage. These include urinary problems, most significantly. The patient may go through pain and difficulty when it comes to urinating. This pain may also occur during ejaculation. The patient may also find blood discharge in the semen upon ejaculation and suffer from sexual dysfunction as well. Pain in the chest, pelvic area and back are also common symptoms of prostate cancer, which may gradually turn into numbness in the said areas as well.
- Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the issue will be done by a specialist from the urology department. After a physical examination where a diagnosis of the symptoms and other check ups will happen, the doctor may conduct lab tests to check the blood, urine and other samples. Further, imaging tests like MRI and CT scans will also be conducted. A digital rectal exam and prostate biopsy will also help in effective diagnosis.
- Treatment: The treatment of this kind of cancer usually depends on the severity of the symptoms and the spread of the tumour. Besides active observation, the doctor may also recommend radiation, chemotherapy and surgery based on the age and health condition of the patient. If you happen to find even subtle symptoms which could point towards this disease, do not hesitate to get in touch with the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Urologist.