Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mao Chi Wei
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Mao Chi WeiYour feedback matters!
When I was a child I had a cavity tooth which I covered the cavity with cement now its pain what should I do.
Hi doctor I am 8th months pregnant I am suffering from geographical tongue and oral thrush from past 20 days it never happened me its the first tym I consulted a dentist he said he said nothing to worry but seeing my white patchy irritable tongue I am completely worried wen I vl get rid of this tongue hw many days it last doc has given me candid mouth paint and kontum mouth wash is this treatment is enough for it please give me a reply it helps me alot I am completely stressed out not able to eat all types of food due to burning sensation on tongue why dis geographical tongue happens?
I am 25 year old and I had addiction of tobacco last 10 year but currently I was leave addiction. But my mouth not opened very well. Also my tounge is short. Now I have not any problem with mouth and in last 7 year I got two time mouth ulcer and one time symtoms. So I want to open my mouth and want good mouth in future. So can you please tell me your opinion like what I need to do? so last 10 year my addiction not affect in future. Thank you.
Am 23. I chewed gutkha and tobacco for five years but not consistently. I developed oral submucous fibrosis. Their are many whitish fibrous bands in my mouth and soft palate. My mouth opening is good and I already met ENT doctor many times and he said nothing to worry about. But the biggest problem is that I develop consistent mouth ulcers even I didn't chew gutkha right now. Doctor told me Whatever damage is done to my mouth will remain permanent but you should quit tobacco and I did the same thing as doctor said. But I'm getting mouth ulcers consistently and Whenever I eat anything it hurts my mouth due to trauma. I'm really scared that one day this fibrosis will turn into cancer due to this frequent ulcers. I'm spending my time thinking about the same thing over and over again even my doctor said nothing to worry. But I'm really scared please help me.
One of the irritating conditions that can affect the mouth of a person is sores, which can be quite painful. These sores can affect anyone of any age group or gender. Sores may make it difficult for a person to eat, speak or even swallow. Here are a few ways through which you can get rid of mouth sores quickly or at least alleviate the symptoms to lessen the pain:
1. Topical products - There are various types of creams and lotions which are available in the market as over the counter drugs for treating or at least lessening the symptoms of mouth sores. Some of the common chemicals used to treat the sores are Fluocinonide, Benzocaine and Hydrogen peroxide.
2. Food and nutritional supplements - In many cases the sores are caused within the body due to deficiency of nutrients such as Zinc, Vitamin B12 or B6 and the doctor may prescribe special medications to supplement the need for those within the body.
3. Rinses - Certain special types of oral rinses are prescribed by the doctors when treating mouth sores. Most of the rinses prescribed by the doctors have a steroid, namely dexamethasone, which proves to be effective in the treatment of mouth sores.
4. Cauterizing or destroying sores - In certain cases where topical or oral treatments haven't worked it may be necessary to correct it by cauterizing or using a special device to burn and destroy the sore so that new tissues can grow in its place.
5. Oral medications - Certain oral medications may be prescribed for sores which are caused due to underlying physical conditions such as ulcers.
6. Avoiding spicy food - Spicy foods are also a leading cause for canker sores as it may cause chemical imbalances within the stomach as well as inside the mouth and hence should be avoided as much as possible.
7. Improving general oral hygiene - Regular brushing, flossing, and proper oral care will definitely reduce the chances of getting oral sores. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.