Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Madan Mohan DasYour feedback matters!
Hii I have many pimples. On my fqce which looks ugly can anyone help me please it is energy and many have this problem please help me.
My skin in slightly black and pimples are going around my cheeks what is the process to reduce pimples and glow of skin.
Hi I have pimples on face. I try many products after that the pimples are getting more and more. I am getting to loss my face glow.
I have itching on head because of dandruff and there is some pimples on head because of this I am having hairfall too. Please suggest me as I am felling irritating from this. My hairs were very heavy but at this time they are very weak
Are you addicted to sugar and all sugary items? Have you tried cutting down your sugar intake, only to realize how tough, and sometimes impossible it is? These facts make it evident that something in your brain does not function normally, or in its usual way when it comes to sugar and sugary food items. This occurs because of several factors.
- Sugar addiction is caused by the overstimulation of your brain’s reward center
- Sugar is fattening in a unique way because of its high fructose content. There are various ways in which sugar causes you to overeat, leading to weight gain. The primary reason for developing an addiction to sugar is because of its impact on the brain’s reward center.
- When you eat sugary food, a large amount of dopamine gets released into the Nucleus Accumbens, which is a certain area of the brain. When you consume these food items frequently, the dopamine receptors become slow in regulating. As a result, the receptors for dopamine get lessened. This indicates that the next time you consume these specific food items, the effects of the receptors become blunt.
- For receiving the reward of the same level, you will be tempted into eating more sugary food. Sugar rich food function quite similarly to drugs of abuse such as nicotine, cannabis, amphetamine and cocaine. Similar centers of the brain come into play in both these forms of addiction.
- People having some sort of predisposition towards addiction are likely to get more addicted to such sweet and sugary food items, having no control over consumption.
This is the way in which sugar hijacks your brain chemistry, making you crave for more and more sugar, and in turn influences your behavior.
In some people, certain anatomical changes in the brain take place, when frequently exposed to food rich in sugar. It ends up in full fledged addiction in many people. According to the experiences of drug addicts who have been substance abusers for several years, the addiction to sugar and food rich in sugar content is exactly the same as any kind of drug addiction. There are no major differences, except that the substance of addiction and the consequences are totally different.
Several recovering drug addicts have stated that they crave for sugar, junk food, and any sweet food item in the same way they craved for alcohol and other drugs. This proves the level of addictive sugar, and it is recommended for everybody to abstain from consuming too much sugar. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Miscarriage is the early loss of foetus within 20 weeks of pregnancy. It is also known as ‘spontaneous abortion’. According to research, about 8-20% of the pregnancies end in miscarriage. Out of the total number of miscarriages, 80% of them end within 12 weeks of pregnancy.
Types of Miscarriages and their Symptoms
- Threatened Miscarriage – As the term suggests, in this condition the process of miscarriage might have begun. This is the initial stage of the process. In threatened miscarriage, there is slight bleeding accompanied by cramps and pain in the lower back, which is usually mild. The cervix (the lower part of the uterus) remains closed.
- Inevitable and Incomplete Miscarriage – In these conditions, there is bleeding along with an open cervix. When there is dilatation and thinning of the cervix, miscarriage is inevitable. In incomplete miscarriage, part of the tissue comes out and a part remains inside the uterus. In inevitable and incomplete abortions, the bleeding and cramps are more severe.
- Complete Miscarriage – Complete miscarriage is when the embryo has completely emptied from the uterus. The pain and bleeding reduce once the foetus is expelled. This can be confirmed through ultrasound.
- Missed Miscarriage – In Missed miscarriage, there is no sign of the life of the embryo and there is no expulsion of the embryo. It can be detected from the absence of heartbeat of the embryo found on ultrasound.
- Recurrent Miscarriage – It happens when there are two or three miscarriages one after the other. It affects about 1% of the pregnancies.
- Increased maternal age i.e., women above 35 years.
- Excess or insufficient chromosome in embryo.
- Placenta is the organ which links mother and the baby for blood supply. Problem in the development of placenta can cause miscarriage.
- Excessive smoking and drinking during pregnancy.
- Obese women have higher risk of miscarriage.
- Long-term health conditions like high blood sugar, high blood pressure, liver disease etc.
- Infections like rubella, malaria etc.
- Weakened cervix, which is the result of previous injury or surgery, can also result in miscarriage.
What are the symptoms of a miscarriage?
- Bleeding or spotting can be one of the symptoms of miscarriage. It should be kept in mind that not all pregnant women who suffer from spotting or bleeding, end in miscarriage.
- Lower backache starts before or right after bleeding, which can be persistent or you could have cramps which may be mild or sharp and can feel like more of pelvic pressure.
- Missed miscarriages are detected through ultrasound when the doctor finds that there is no heartbeat of the embryo or when the uterus is not growing.
What are the treatment options in miscarriage?
- Medical – In most of the cases, there are no specific drugs to stop a miscarriage from occurring. In some cases, certain hormonal preparations help. There is no point in prescribing medicines for prevention of miscarriage if there is heavy bleeding.
- Surgery – Dilatation and evacuation (D&E) is a simple operation which is done under general/local anaesthesia. In this operation, the cervical canal is dilated and contents present in the uterus are evacuated. There is no cutting involved as it happens through the vagina. The process needs only five to ten minutes, but the patient has to stay in the hospital for about 3-4 hours.
This process is opted when:
- There is heavy bleeding.
- The patient suffers from missed miscarriage.
What can you do to prevent miscarriage?
Nothing much can be done to prevent miscarriage in most of the cases. However, following supportive measures may help:
- There should not be overexertion during pregnancy. Moderate amount of physical activity is permissible.
- One should have a well-balanced diet. Studies have shown that a diet loaded with fruits and veggies helps in overall well-being during pregnancy. One should limit the consumption of caffeine.
- Avoid smoking, alcohol and certain drugs to prevent miscarriage.
- Avoid stress and anxiety.
Report to a Doctor as soon as any symptom related to miscarriage appears.