Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. M. ChowdhuryYour feedback matters!
Spitting up, refusing to try new foods and occasionally turning up their noses at feeding times, is normal but consistently refusing food and water, vomiting and allergies may indicate an underlying medical condition that requires attention. Common feeding problems that affect infants include sucking, prolonged chewing without swallowing, holding food in their mouth and grabbing food. Infants who are unable to close their mouths in order to keep food inside may also be said to be suffering from feeding problems.
Feeding problems could be triggered by medical conditions like a cleft palate, premature birth, respiratory problems, low birth weight etc. or by non-medical reasons such as the child’s feeling of being unloved or stressed. Symptoms of feeding problems vary from infant to infant. However, some of the common symptoms exhibited are:
Problems with chewing
Refusing to eat foods or drink liquids
Long feeding times
Coughing or gagging while feeding
Difficulty with breast or bottle feeding
Nasal stuffiness while eating
Recurring respiratory infections
Vomiting or excessive spitting up of food
Arching the back while feeding
Disinterest in feeding
Though feeding problems are minor in most cases, it is important to consult a doctor if this behaviour continues over a period of time. This is because the child may be suffering from an underlying medical condition or could be at an increased risk of suffering from dehydration, aspiration and lung problems. It could also lead to delayed physical and mental development, speech problems and cognitive issues.
Feeding problems are addressed in many different ways. The first step to dealing with feeding problems is to change the texture and temperature of food being given to the baby. In addition, try changing the posture of the baby while feeding.
In some cases, mouth exercises may be needed to strengthen the mouth muscles. Chewing exercises and tongue movement may also help reduce feeding problems.
Encourage your infant to try different types of food by including different textures in their daily meals. Alternating food textures and liquids can make it easier for the infant to swallow the food. Do not force your child to eat in a hurry but let him or her take their own time.
In cases where the infant is not gaining weight, the doctor may suggest nutritional changes and a specific diet to help gain weight. In emergency cases, hospitalisation may also be required and your baby may be given a feeding tube to ensure he or she receives adequate nutrition.
I am 22 years old. My weight is 69 kg. Due to overweight, my periods are irregular. My periods last date was 19 feb. Please tell me the remidies to reduce weight and also regulate the periods.
I am 24 year old female. I had sex with my hubby at 21st and 23rd July. My last period starts at 8th July. So this sex life helps for my pregnancy? And I can take folvite tablet. In this tablet helps for my pregnancy or not?
Last month doctors removed my right fallopian tube because of ectopic pregnancy. How much success percentage when egg released towards my right ovary?
I want to conceive but have noticed some spotting issues after 2 to three days of having sex and also take 100 mg eltroxin daily.
Hi I am 38 weeks pregnant in colour doppler scan its showing single loose loop of umbilical cord noted around fetal neck. Estimated fetal weight is 3229gms Edd is 25/12 Kindly tel me please is it normal What are the precautions should I take.
Sometime I have severe pain in my breast There may be 2 or 3 lump but I do not know what to do it? I discussed with one of the doctor he said that we have to take out that lump through h minor operation. I am not sure that operation will rectify this lump prblm for always. Please I want your advice help me.
I am 25 years old. Me and my husband are trying for a baby for 6 months but I have not conceived yet. My period was on 10 feb 2016 and we are having intercourse regularly. After sex, I remain lying on bed for 15-20 minutes. Can I conceive?
I am 26 years female and I am unmarried I am not having my period from last 2 months and also gaining weight.
Breast cancer is one of the most feared diagnoses in women. When cancerous cells develop in a woman's breast, irregular lumps, changes in the shape or size of the breast and discharge of blood from the nipples may be experienced. There are lots of preventive measures that you can take to avoid breast cancer. It is important to live a healthy life with as less exposure to toxins as possible. Here are some tips and strategies that can lower your risk of breast cancer
- Plant based diet - Studies have shown that a high plant based diet, full of vegetables and fruits, is packed with antioxidants, minerals, and nutrients that lower the risk of breast cancer. Eat light, and avoid refined sugar and processed meat. Try to construct a healthy Mediterranean diet plan rich in olive oil and nuts.
- Maintain an appropriate weight - Do not gain extra weight as obesity and excessive weight gain are related to breast cancer. Cut down on fat and exercise regularly to lead an active life.
- Breastfeeding - If you are a new mom, breastfeed your baby as it has numerous health benefits for both you and your child, including lowering the chances of breast cancer in the mother.
- Sleep - It is important to get 8 hours of sleep every night to live a healthy life. Many studies have shown that a short duration of sleep and exposure to light at night that disrupts the circadian rhythm increases the risk of breast cancer.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol - Do not smoke as it increases the chances of cancer in other organs and also leads to toxin inclusion in the body. Also, be sure to drink in moderation as excess alcohol consumption is cancer causing offender.
- Artificial hormones - Women during menopause often resort to hormone replacement therapy, and the extended use of this therapy can heighten the risk of breast cancer. Therefore, it is recommended to look for other options to smoothen your transition to the menopausal phase.
Related Tip: Homeopathic treatments for cancer
I am 37 year old. Missed my periods by 11 days. Same happened back in jan 2015 and it was not pregnancy. Consulted my gyne n she did few harmones test all came normal. She prescribed me medicine to induce periods. Now again facing same issue. What could be the reason?
I am six month pregnant and I have gained only 1kg till now. What should I do now I am very disturb.
I have pcod and had last period on 1 January 2017 so a week back started with Ayurvedic medicine (dashmolarisht, ashokarisht, rajahpravartani vati and string rasayan vati) from patanjali. Just took medicine for 7 days. Due to a small rupture in condom during intercourse should I take I-pill or just continue the Ayurvedic course and wait for medicine to show effects and get my periods.
As soon as you get up just rinse your mouth then drink two glass of lime water, then do your regular activity of brushing, washroom and then can have your tea, breakfast after 20 min. Squeeze half lime in 2 glasses of water.
Lime has many useful properties. Burning fats, cleaning skin, reduces gases acidity complain and has anti cancer properties. You can have 3-4 times a week or regular consumption is also helpful. Take care and live healthy.
Abdominal pain or stomach ache could occur any time due to various reasons. The point is we should remain ever ready to control abdominal pain. If we know how to control abdominal pain we could also offer this help to our colleagues as well who are in great pain as a remedial measure. In any case we would have to take the patient to the doctor if we are unable to pacify the patient. Some of the major causes of abdominal pain are kidney stones, inflammation of gallbladder, hernia, food poisoning, ulcers and gastric problems. However, there is no point to dishearten. Here a few remedies which can help you control abdominal pain, till the actual assistance arrives:
If you think that you took a heavy food before the abdominal pain has started it would be a great idea to drink plain soda water. It would provide great relief within no time.
1. Mix 1tsp of mint juice, lime juice and ginger juice. Add a pinch of black salt take this mixture with water you would get instant relief from abdominal pain.
2. Pomegranates can also help treat stomach ache. In a ball of pomegranate add some salt and black salt. Chew this seeds slowly. You would get instant relief from abdominal pain.
3. You can also try this method if you think your abdominal pain has not got relief. In a cup of water add 20 grams of aniseeds. Keep this for overnight and strain the mixture next morning. As soon as you drink it you would get instant relief.
4. After taking fenugreek seeds make a paste of it. Add this paste to a bowl of curd. By this way you would get quick relief from abdominal pain.