Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Lokesh PandeyYour feedback matters!
Hello sir my daughter in law is 3 years old she get vomited what ever she eats tomorrow we are going to have a 29 hours train journey continuously so please sugest the food diet we should maintain during the journey.
My grand son completed 4 months but sleeps for 5 hours in night and during day two to three hour. D. Whether it is ok.
My 10 month old baby has runny nose, sneezing and coughs often, my ped suggested asthaline expectorant (3ml -3 times a day) gladimol c (6ml -3 times a day) for 3 days. My baby weight is 8.20 kilo. I just want to check if this is the correct dosage for my baby.
My 4 year old son has accumulated wax in both ears. I consulted two doctors and both advised ear drops and said the wax will come out by itself. I wanted to know if extracting wax through vacuum or water spray is not recommended for small kids? What should I do. Please suggest.
My Daughter 19 months old, started high fever for 101 degree two days ago. Consulted Paediatrician and Medication started with P125, Sinarest (both at different time) levolin and Fabilac. But she is getting high fever often with a light shiver, body get high heat but no all over, below abdomen it is chill, it varies in upper body. No Diarrhoea, Vomit (only water) was twice at the time of shiver. Within 2 hours she is normal. PD says it would be there till Friday. But doubt about the high fever but temperature varies, esp head get too high temp and her eyes blinks erratically. Is it a viral fever or anything else.
My 10 month old baby crying during urination. I have consult with local pediatrics and suggested me for urine test. Urine test is normal but my baby is crying so much during urination. Please suggest what to do.
Hairs are growing on my son body on his cheeks and full body how I can remove them permanently. His age is 5 year and 4 month.
The newborn are often extremely susceptible to fatal diseases and the first few months of the infant's life calls for uncompromised care and vigilance. One of the most precarious diseases afflicting the newborn babies are chronic lung disorders. This condition mainly emanates from a damage to the lung tissue, which results in breathing troubles. Under such circumstances, the lung may collapse, being filled with fluids and end up oozing out harmful mucus. While a severe form of such lung diseases may often result in the death of the infant, in most cases the infants outgrow the disease and with proper care, grow up to lead a healthy life.
Most chronic lung diseases in infants are congenital and are spurred by a variety of causes:
- Premature delivery: Chronic lung diseases are recurrent in babies born prematurely, i.e. before the lapse of at least 26 weeks of gestation age. Underweight infants also run the risk of suffering from this ailment. The lungs are not able to develop fully in such situations as a result of which they become prone to respiratory distresses. Another allied trigger to Chronic Lung Disease is the use of ventilation on the premature babies. The forced breathing and imposed oxygen levels induced by ventilators often impair normal lung functions in babies.
- Fluids in the lungs: Certain babies are either born with or develop a condition where fluids accumulate in the lungs. This inflicts a lot of damage to the lungs and leads to such diseases.
- Respiratory Infections: Some babies are likely to acquire lung infections from certain disease causing viruses. This largely handicaps the normal lung functions.
- Heart conditions: Abnormal blood circulation in the heart also stimulates lung diseases in newborns. If the heart is unable to regulate the flow of blood to the lungs properly, then the chances of such diseases increase by leaps and bounds.
- Inhaling harmful foreign materials: Certain particles often affect the health of the lungs tremendously. Exposure to meconium during delivery might result in the inflammations that potentially injure the lung tissues.
- Nutrition deficiencies: If an infant's body lacks vital nutrients, it may result in a condition of malnutrition. Lack of vitamin A may cause chronic lung diseases.
Chronic Lung Diseases are usually recoverable with early detection and appropriate treatment. However, one needs to meticulously cater to the health needs of the baby, in order to ensure complete recovery and avert recurrence.
Using teddy bar and ataglo lotion for 15 months old baby. But his neck is getting darker. What to use to lighten it.
Hello Doctor my Daughter is 13 month old, she wake-up in night around 2-2.30 daily and start weeping loudly, did not drink milk and water, just crying and screaming. I have checked everything gas, ear, potty, stomach and did find that where is the problem, why she cry daily for hours in mid night. Please suggest me something what to do.
My son aged 1.2 years always bite everyone. I think he enjoys it I think around 20 times an hour he bites if he wake up please suggest me what to do to stop?
My baby is 11 months old (boy). His weight is just 8 kg. Till now my wife is feeding him with her milk. *Every morning about 8'0 clock she gives idly. *At 11'0 clock boiled cereals powder (rice, wheat, dals, corn, soya, ragulu, jonnalu, sajjalu, korralu, oats, groundnuts powder) *At 1'0 clock with curry & curd. *At 3.30 pm yellow of boiled egg.(started from 1 week). *At 5.00 pm banana or boiled apple. *At 7.00 pm again rice with curry . * My wife gives him milk 7or 8 times per day. Now my wife wants to stop her milk & wants to give outer milk. Please suggest me which milk powder is better for him. His weight is also very less for his age. The way my wife feeding him is the correct procedure or not. What type of food can we give for him to improve his weight? Please suggest milk powder also?
Hi sir. My baby is 15 months old. He had a vaccine of typbar psv on 31 /1/16 from a good doctor in delhi And yesterday only I.e on 19th June one of the doctors in haryana applied him the 2nd doze. Of typbar psv and a doze of MMR 1$ ,he is having pain on his right leg and he vomited 2 times yesterday after eating some solid. He is having fever also.
ADHD, which stands for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, is a chronic brain condition that leads to difficulty in prolonging attention on to a single thing, impulsiveness and hyperactivity. Though it mostly affects children and teenagers, it often continues into adult life as well, and can pose serious issues in adult lives - specially in maintaining jobs and relationships.
Effects of ADHD on your sex life:
- Impulsivity: If you are suffering from ADHD, it is highly probable that you are often very impulsive in nature - and are susceptible to taking a number of risky decisions, such as unprotected sex.
- Attention-deficit problems: Since your thoughts are often jumping from one thought to the other, you will find it very difficult to actually concentrate on any single job at hand. Since sex requires attention and use of judgment, distractions can prove to be detrimental to a healthy sex life.
- Hyper-sexuality: This refers to the condition of an unnaturally high sex drive. It is basically caused by the stimulation of the brain by the release of endorphins during sexual arousal, which often leads to calmness and relaxes the restlessness that is otherwise so common to ADHD patients.
- Hypo-sexuality: This is exact opposite of hypersexuality. This condition refers to an unnaturally low sex drive, where you may often lose all interest in sexual activity completely. Often, this is a product of ADHD itself, but it can also be attributed to being a side effect of a certain type of medication, especially anti-depressants.
- Other disorders: Women suffering from ADHD have been known to have difficulties in achieving orgasm, often in spite of prolonged sexual stimulation. Also, if you are suffering from ADHD, you may also tend to be hypersensitive - which implies, something that feels pleasurable to your partner, may be painful or irritating for you.
Certain suggested treatments for improving the sex lives of people suffering from ADHD are:
- Including variety in sexual activity, such as different locations, positions etc.
- Communication, which proves very beneficial in combating intimacy issues
- Prioritize, and try to stay in the moment and not zone out, if you are suffering from ADHD disorders
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!