Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Leena RahaYour feedback matters!
Mera akal ka dant nikal gya h par doctor bata rha h k usse space nhi mil rha h niklana padega usko operate krke .bahut pain kr rha h.
One of the landmarks of a child's development during the first year is the eruption of the little white pearls. The first tooth breaks into the mouth, somewhere between six months to one year of life. The entire set is in place in a baby's mouth by about 20 months of life. Though called deciduous teeth as they fall off after a certain period of time, the last of the milk teeth remains in the mouth up to 12 to 14 years of age.
Listed below are some points outlining the significance of milk teeth. It assumes importance, given that many a times, parents ignore injury and/or decay to these with the assumption that these are anyways temporary and a new set will be in place later.
- Eating: One of the primary functions of the milk teeth is to aid in chewing or mastication and digestion. Though not as strong as their permanent counterpart, they do play a great role in chewing and digesting the food. Children with malfunctioning teeth, especially molars, (missing or decayed) can result into poor nutrition.
- Speech development: The milk teeth play a critical role in the speech development, and speech abnormalities can be seen in people, who do not have an effective set of milk teeth. It is common to see children in whom the front teeth in the milk set are not properly positioned, there could be speech problems like lisping.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, a good set of white, pearly teeth adds to the beauty of a child's smile. This plays a major role in boosting the child's social behavior including acceptance and confidence levels.
- Space Maintenance: The milk teeth maintain and preserve the space required for their successors. In case where a lost tooth is not replaced, the space may not be sufficient for the permanent one to erupt, and this may even stop the permanent one from erupting. The result could be a blank space where the milk tooth is lost without the successor erupting into the mouth due to lack of space.
Given the above reasons, it is very important to take good care of the primary or milk or deciduous teeth. Some simple things to do would be:
- Enforce a regular oral hygiene routine including rinsing after each meal or snack, brushing twice a day, flossing and use of mouthwash
- A biannual visit to the dentist for oral prophylaxis regular cleaning followed by fluoride paste application if required; this will also reduce the onset of dental caries. Early caries can be identified during these visits and treated before onset of pain.
- Chemical sealants may be used if the pits on the teeth are deep and can get decayed easily.
Visit your dentist regularly to know more and to maintain these pearls.
Gum bleeding is a severe kind of oral trouble and it needs to be resolved as soon as possible otherwise it might get converted into a serious issue. There are some simple ways by means of which bleeding gums can be stopped.
5 ways to prevent bleeding of gums
- Have a healthy diet: Oral health can only be preserved well by maintaining a healthy diet, and this can also prevent bleeding gums. Fruits and veggies are included in this kind of diet. These foods offer necessary nutrients, which get absorbed in your gums as a result of which gums stop bleeding. The state of your gums can be improved by adding those foods into your diet as these are enriched with magnesium, calcium, vitamin C and vitamin A.
- Improving dental care routine: Bleeding gums can be stopped by taking good care of the health of your gums, and this is possible only with the help of a regular dental check-up. Consult a dentist right away. Though flossing and brushing are needed for reducing gum inflammation and swelling, but still medical check-up is required in order to find out whether you are using the correct toothbrush, flossing solution and toothpaste or not. On the other hand, early stages of gum diseases causing bleeding can be detected and thus advanced stages can be easily prevented.
- Quit smoking: You should not continue smoking anymore in order to protect your gums from different troubles or diseases. Tobacco toxins keep on depositing over your gums due to consistent smoking thereby, causing severe troubles, and you might even face gum bleeding.
- Acute relaxation: If your stress levels somehow get increased, then in that case, you might face the trouble of gum bleeding. This is the reason you should steal some time from work for relaxation. You can also start practicing different kinds of stress-releasing therapies like yoga, meditation and other related ones. In this way, your mind troubles will be eliminated, stress level will be controlled, and finally immunity system can be strengthened as a result of which bleeding from the gums can be stopped.
- Stop sharing dental accessories: It has been found that most of the gum diseases are occurring due to sharing of dental accessories with your dear ones; especially toothbrush, braces and others. This will eventually spread affection and love, but along with that infectious gum diseases will also occur, which are highly unwanted. These diseases might lead to severe gum bleeding at times.