Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Laxmi AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Whats the chance of pregnancy for a person having pcod and user of krimson for 21 days? We had sex on 22nd day ie once whole tablets were finished! Will she get pregnant.
What pills my female partner should take before sex to prevent pregnancy and when she should take it like before one hour of sex or what?
Peas are really little powerhouses of nutrition that are a boon for your health and the whole planet. Read all their benefits, how to use them properly, and some easy recipes. We start with the benefits of this tasty powerfood.
1. Weight Management:
Peas are low fat but high everything else. A cup of peas has less than 100 calories but lots of protein, fiber and micro-nutrients.
2. Stomach cancer prevention:
Peas contain high amounts of a health-protective polyphenol called coumestrol. A study in Mexico City determined you only need 2 milligrams per day of this phytonutrient to prevent stomach cancer. A cup of peas has at least 10.
3. Anti-aging, strong immune system, and high energy:
This comes from the high levels of anti-oxidants including:
- flavinoids: = catechin and epicatechin
- carotenoid= alpha-carotene and beta-carotene
- phenolic acids = ferulic and caffeic acid
- polyphenols = coumestrol
4. Prevention of wrinkles, Alzheimer’s, arthritis, bronchitis, osteoporosis and candida
These come from peas strong anti-inflammatory properties. Excess inflammation has also been linked to, heart disease, cancer, and aging in general. These properties include:
- Pisumsaponins I and II and pisomosides A and B are anti-inflammatory phytonutrients found almost exclusively in peas.
- vitamin C and vitamin E, and a good amount of the antioxidant mineral zinc
- omega-3 fat in the form of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA).
5. Blood sugar regulation:
High fibre slows and protein slows down how fast sugars are digested.
The anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory prevent or reverse insulin resistance (type 2 diabetes)
All carbohydrates are natural sugars and starches with no white sugars or chemicals to worry about.
6. Heart disease prevention:
The many antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds support healthy blood vessels. The formation of plaque along our blood vessel walls starts with chronic, excessive oxidative stress and inflammation.
The generous amounts of vitamin B1 and folate, B2, B3, and B6 reduce homocysteine levels which are risk factor for heart disease.
7. Healthy for the environment:
- Peas work with bacteria in the soil to ‘fix’ nitrogen from the air and deposit it in the soil. This reduces the need for artificial fertilizers since one of their main ingredients is nitrogen.
- After peas have been harvested the remaining plant easily breaks down to create more organic fertilizer for the soil.
- Peas are also able to grow on minimal moisture so they are a perfect crop in many areas not needing irrigation or using up valuable water supplies.
8. Prevent constipation:
The high fiber content in peas improves bowel health and peristalsis.
9. Healthy bones
Just one cup of peas contain 44% of your Vitamin K which helps to anchor calcium inside the bones. It’s B vitamins also help to prevent osteoporosis.
10. Reduces bad cholesterol:
The niacin in peas helps reduce, the production of triglycerides and VLDL (very low-density lipoprotein, which results in in less bad cholesterol, increased HDL (“good”) cholesterol, and lowered triglycerides.
I am 24 years old. I often suffer from white discharge. I keep my vagina clean but there is always some strong foul fishy and urine smell which smells even from a distance. There is no pain but it itches sometimes.
Can multiple small follicles become normal? Is there any diet to be followed for getting normal egg size for pregnancy? How much time it will take. My age is 27 years. (for my wife)
We had sex safely. She did not get her periods yet. We did the pregnancy test which was negative. What should be done?
I HAVE DONE hysterectomy IN SEPTEMBER, 2014 AND NOW I AM NEARLY 50 YRS. I WANT SUGGESTION FOR SEX LIFE MY HUSBAND IS DIABETIC.
Anyone. please help. Any gynecologists or any doctor who knows about this issue please help us. Sir/ma'am please help. My girlfriends period started from 10 aug and ended on 15th aug. We had UNPROTECTED sex on 27th of aug. I believe I did not cum Inside her but since she was not sure so she took IPILL (ECP) after 6 hours of intercourse for the FIRST time in her life. After four days i.e. On 1st aug at 1: 30 am, she started bleeding and she said that the pain and blood was just like her periods although it was not her period date. She bleed for 3 days and the bleeding stopped on the fourth day. We both are very tensed as we don't want any pregnancy. Please help. Please We will be grateful to you. Please.
Although we have two children and don't want more so please tell me right time period for do the sex?
Had unprotected sex with my girl and by mistake ejaculated. Just in an hour she took an Ipill. Still are there chances of her getting pregnant?
Hi I was very slim before marriage now I completed 2 years bi Marrying aftr ma pregnancy I gained too much weight I got cesarean delivery back 1 year and use tp do exercise and also in diet but my body is same I got belly so please suggest me any good ayurvedic medicine for weight loss.
Helo Dr. Muje apne periods circul thik krne ke liye muje kon si madican lene pdege. I-pill lene se mere periods late hote h and muje diet m kya lena hoga. please suggest.
I am not getting my periods properly. I am just getting my periods for half or one day. Please do help me for this.
Sir I am 19 years old & I had sex with my husband & condom breaks on 07th day of my mens cycle then I took unwaned -72 & then after 6 days I had started bleeding before my period. Should I will get normal period on me mens date?
Using contraceptive methods is the easiest method for a couple to avoid pregnancy and enjoy a tension free physical relationship. People have used birth control methods for thousands of years. Today, we have many safe and effective birth control methods available to us.
All of us who need birth control want to find the method that is best for us. If you're trying to choose, learning about each method may help you make your decision. Only you can decide what is best for you. Some contraceptives, such as condoms, will also protect a person from STDs (sexually transmitted diseases).
The methods can be categorised into temporary and permanent methods:
1. Withdrawal method: This involves removing the penis from the vagina before ejaculating. Ejaculation should be away from the introitus. However, it requires extreme self-control on the part of your man.
2. Barrier methods: These methods prevent sperm from entering the uterus. Barrier methods are removable. Types of barrier methods include:
a. Condom: This is the oldest barrier method. A condom is a thin tube that the man puts over his penis. This keeps the sperm from getting to the egg. Condoms are also called rubbers.
b. Female condom: This is like a condom, but it goes in the woman's vagina.
c. Diaphragm and cervical cap: These are put in the woman's vagina to cover the cervix
d. Contraceptive sponge: This is a sponge that is filled with spermicide and is put in the woman's vagina over the cervix.
Barrier methods can be easy to use and have few side effects.
3. Hormonal methods: These can only be used by women. Hormonal methods cause changes in the woman's reproductive cycle and include birth control pills, birth control patches, emergency contraception pill, Implants and so on. Unlike barrier methods, hormonal methods do not interfere with sex.
4. Intrauterine methods: In this method an object called an intrauterine devices or IUD is put in the woman's uterus. There are two types of IUD: the copper IUD or an IUD with hormones implanted on it. The hormonal IUD has better protection against pregnancy but costs more. You need not do anything once it is inserted. Also, it is effective for up to 10 years.
Of course, the permanent methods are more effective for preventing pregnancy than the temporary methods. The decision to proceed with a permanent method should only be made if a person is absolutely sure that no more children are desired. The biggest problems after a permanent procedure is regret that it was done.
Sterilization is a permanent form of birth control that prevents a woman from getting pregnant. These procedures usually are not reversible.
a. A sterilization implant is a non-surgical method for permanently blocking the fallopian tubes. The doctor places a coil in each Fallopian tube through the vagina and uterus block each tube completely. It may take up to 3 months to completely block the tubes.
b.Tubal ligation is a surgical procedure in which a doctor cuts the fallopian tubes. This procedure blocks the path between the ovaries and the uterus. The sperm cannot reach the egg to fertilize it and the egg cannot reach the uterus.
c. Vasectomy is a surgical procedure that consists in cutting the tubes that carry sperm. This procedure blocks the path between the testes and the urethra due to which the sperm cannot leave the testes and hence cannot reach the egg. It can take as long as 3 months for the procedure to be fully effective. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.