Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Laxmi AgarwalYour feedback matters!
When I'm having intercourse I'm bleeding. But my monthly date was finished 5 days back. It often happens when having intercourse is there any problem.
During this festival people do GARBA for long hours. It is very good for health. Let’s see how it is beneficial to health.
Garba offers good health benefits for all ages. It is a very good form of aerobic exercise. It burns lots of calories and very useful in loosing weight. When we do “Garba” it gives exercise almost all bones and muscles of body. It increases strength of muscles due to regular exercise.
Apart from exercise it is a very good stress buster. In today’s era of stress this gives very good relief and rejuvenates the body. One definitely feels good after Garba and the next day his mindset is much relaxed.
It can be done by people of any age. Barring few medical conditions like active heart disease, pregnancy and other conditions in which physical exertion is not allowed, GARBA is allowed for all. People tend to forget their worries and enjoy the life to fullest.
Still before practicing any form of vigorous exercise please talk to your doctor and get your self examined.
Some precautions are needed to avoid falling ill in this season as apart from benefits if proper care is not taken you can fall ill.
During GARBA you have to be light on your stomach. It is not advisable to do GARBA on full stomach. Normally we do not eat at night, night is for sleep, and if you take large meals at night you can have stomach problems like infection and indigestion. Please avoid high fat foods especially fast foods, cold drinks etc. at night.
Drink more amount fluids during GARBA, as you will sweat a lot.
This is the time for some infections like gastroenteritis, jaundice etc, so you may be a victim of this diseases in case of bad quality food.
Those who are allergic to dust and smoke, this is the season for cough, cold and fever. Due to some allergens in the air and food or drinks that you take, you can have problems like fever, cough, flu and allergic problems etc.People with extremes of age kids and senior citizens can get this very easily due to over crowded places. If you have tendency of allergy please take proper precautions or else you may in trouble and you need to visit your doctor often.
All forms of respiratory tract infections are common in this season. Those who are already having some problem please take some prophylactic measures like flu vaccination etc.
Take good care of your skin during this time. People are especially young generation is fond of Tatoos.Please make sure that disposable items are used and preferably go for temporary tattoo. Also look for allergy to the chemicals used for this.Perfer a good trusted place and try in a small area first.
Use light make up and take care in selection of ornaments, as you can have contact allergy to them. During Garba you will sweat a lot; you select the clothes accordingly and take bath couple of times.
Do not trust the strangers and it’s your body so please behave responsibly during this time. Do not get in to anybody’s pressure for anything. Especially girls should avoid going alone and be in groups.
During this time only the number of sexual harassment cases rises. So be careful. Control your emotions and take good care of your self. The cases of HIV and Sexually transmitted disease are rising dangerously due to irresponsible behaviors of people world vide.
Be careful while you eat out side. People tend to eat lots of wrong stuff at wrong time. Do not treat your stomach as junkyard. Improper sleep and bad food can lead to detrimental effect on your health.
With this few precautions your navratri will more enjoyable and healthy.
The author of this article is a practicing family physician and life style disease consultant.
For an expecting mother, nothing is more important than the safety and well-being of her unborn child. With due care, a mom-to-be can prevent complications that may arise in pregnancy by avoiding certain potential risks. Read on to find out the 5 things pregnant women must avoid at all costs in order to have a safe pregnancy.
- Abdominal x-rays: Abdominal x-rays during pregnancy are a big no. This kind of x-ray exposes the abdomen of the mother, and the baby as a consequence, to high levels of radiation, which can cause changes in the baby's rapidly growing cells. As a result, the baby's chances of suffering from birth defects or certain cancers, such as leukaemia later on in life, increase rapidly. It is best to avoid x-rays until absolutely necessary. X-rays of area other than abdomen if considered essential by your doctor can be performed after wearing an abdominal lead shield.
- Alcohol: All types of alcohol must be avoided during pregnancy. Consumption of alcohol during these 9 months has been associated with several birth defects such as poor growth, learning disabilities and mental retardation. In worst case scenarios, excessive alcohol consumption during pregnancy can lead to what is known as foetal alcohol syndrome or fas, which severely affects the mental development and physical growth of the unborn child, particularly of the face and skull. Also, you must quit smoking.
- Illicit or recreational drugs: Drugs like marijuana, cocaine and other recreational drugs are again absolutely forbidden in pregnancy. These result in birth defects in the unborn child, poor growth and even withdrawal symptoms in the newborn after birth.
- Medicines: As the metabolism of a growing baby is very different from that of an adult, it is very important to be sure of the medicines that you take while pregnant. This is especially true in the first trimester or the first 3 months of pregnancy when the foetus is most vulnerable. Certain medicines are deemed safe for the baby, while some are potentially harmful. Hence one must make sure to consult your doctor before taking any medicine when pregnant.
- Stress: Stress can trigger various health problems, which can be bad for both the baby and the mother. Studies have revealed the emotional environment of the mother is experienced by the baby as well. In fact, a particular study has shown that any kind of stress, whether it be work related or stress caused by strain in relationships, can affect the mental development of the child. This as result can lead to the child developing certain behavioural disorders such as fears and phobias, which remain way into his adulthood.
I am 27 years old. I got married 8 months ago now we have planned for baby. What should we do for positive result.
Hi, I'm 27 years old girl. In my vagina there is lot of itching and when urine come its paining. What can I do?
Stick to fruit sugars. Do not add any sugar or butter to your desserts.
Hypogonadism in females occurs when your sex glands produce little or no sex hormones.The sex glands, also called gonads that are responsible for ovary formation in females, breast enlargement and in menstrual cycle.
What Are the Types of Female Hypogonadism?
There two types of hypogonadism are primary and central hypogonadism.
Primary Hypogonadism: Primary hypogonadism means that you don't have enough sex hormones in your body due to a problem in your gonads. Your gonads are still receiving the message to produce hormones from your brain, but they aren't able to produce them.
Central Hypogonadism or Secondary Hypogonadism: In central hypogonadism, the problem lies in your brain. The hypothalamus and pituitary gland in your brain, which control your gonads, aren't working properly.
Causes of Primary Hypogonadism:
- Autoimmune disorders, such as Addison's disease and hypoparathyroidism
- Genetic disorders, such as Turner syndrome and Klinefelter syndrome
- Severe infections
- Liver and kidney diseases
- Hemochromatosis, which happens when your body absorbs too much iron
- Radiation exposure
- Surgery of your sex organs
Causes of Central or Secondary Hypogonadism include:
- Genetic disorders, such as Kallmann syndrome (abnormal hypothalamic development)
- Infections, including HIV and AIDS
- Pituitary disorders
- Inflammatory diseases including sarcoidosis, tuberculosis, and histiocytosis
- Rapid weight loss
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Use of steroids or opiates (especially long-term usage)
- Brain surgery
- Radiation exposure
- Injury to your pituitary gland or hypothalamus
- A tumor in or near your pituitary gland
Symptoms that May Affect Females Include:
- Lack of menstruation
- Slow or absent breast growth
- Hot flashes
- Loss of body hair
- Low or absent sex drive
- Milky discharge from your breasts
Treatment for Hypogonadism in Women: Your treatment will involve increasing the amount of female sex hormones in your body. Your first line of treatment will probably be estrogen therapy if you've had a hysterectomy. Either a patch or pill can administer the supplemental estrogen hormone. Estrogen must be balanced with progesterone, because taking estrogen alone leads to a dangerous build up of the lining of the uterus (endometrial hyperplasia) that can lead to cancer of the uterus. Low-dose testosterone may be added for women with hypogonadism who have a low sex drive. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My wife is 23years old. Last year she became pregnant for the first time. But we had not family planning. So we did abortion. Now she has problem in monthly condition for almost 5/6months. Bleeds less than normal. What should we do?
Hi. .I had an surgical abortion on 25th of July. My bleeding hvnt been stopped. On 1st of Sept. .I had a checkup with d doctor n she said. She doesn't find any reason 4 bleeding. It may b because of breastfeeding my child which is of 1 and half yr. and she recommended DEVIRY 10 mg tablet to continue 4 20 30 days. But there is no control over d periods by dis tablet .I'm really worried. .wt shall I do.
I am 19 yrs old girl. I got my periods on 24th april. After that I had sex on 29th march and had an i-pill after 15 mins. Of sex. After that on 3rd april I got my periods. But now its been one and a half month I haven't got my periods again. I am scared. Please let me know am I pregnant or not. One more thing I haven't felt any tiredness or heavyness or something like vomiting. I didnt felt anything of them.
I am 21 years old. I am getting hungry a lot nowadays. and in every hour I just need anything to eat. I am just a lot tensed about everything nowadays and the more I eat the more I need to have something. Please advise.
My aunt has a boy (4 years old. Now she wants her 2nd child So she came to know that if intercourse will happen before 2/3 days of ovulation then there is a chance of a girl child. Her period starts on 10/11 of every month and ends on 12/13 .this month happened on 10-8-16. So which date will be her ovulation date? Is this process works if yes then how? If not then please give any suggestion and which precautions should be taken in this process? And which food works more for a child .sir/madam your valuable suggestions will be good for us.
Will krimson 35 help in regulating periods? If not then what will. Please help. I am 19 years old female with recently discovered pcod and have no symptoms other than missed period for 2 months.
I was sex a unknown girl 24 th march. After 20 days I saw some ulcer my mouth then I have tested HIV I base, again I tested 88 days and 92 days after (HIV I and 2 antibodies) my incident. All tests are nonreactive. But till now I am feeling very tension. AM I fully save? please answer?
I am 58 years old woman having normal health, I had menopause almost 2 years ago, I want to know "CAN UNPROTECTED SEX LEAD TO PREGNANCY?
I am 26 and I want my married life to be without child atleast for another 5 years. How to avoid having child along with my regular sexual life.
Most women get accustomed to and know the pattern of their menstrual cramps. So, when something out of this pattern happens, they know it is not normal. There are various reasons for pelvic pains not associated with menses. The following are some common causes and it is always advisable to seek medical help, which will help in right diagnosis, early intervention and reduced complications.
- Ectopic pregnancy: If a fertilized egg has planted itself outside of the uterus or the womb, it is referred to as ectopic pregnancy. The fallopian tube is the most common place for ectopic pregnancies. There is associated pelvic pain, which is unilateral, sharp, and gradually worsens. There would also be associated bleeding which is darker than the regular bleeding. This again should be confirmed on an ultrasound and then the ectopic pregnancy removed.
- Endometriosis: The inner thick layer of the uterus could be infected leading to severe pelvic pain, especially in women who are in their 30s, who are not able to conceive. This is often ignored, considering it as normal and it continues to progress and could even result in infertility.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID): Infections like gonorrhea or chlamydia travel up from the genital tract and reach the uterus. Infection along the entire reproductive tract can lead to severe pain. In most cases, if identified early, a course of antibiotics is all that is required to control this infection. Left untreated, it can even cause infertility.
- Ovarian cysts: Another common cause of pelvic pain, they are quite often asymptomatic, except for occasional pelvic pain. They also disappear with no medical intervention. Sometimes, however, it may get infected or rupture and can cause severe pain. This can is an indication for medical intervention. Ultrasound may be required for diagnosis and treatment may include surgical removal.
- Uterine fibroids: The fibroids are noncancerous growths, which can grow to a considerable size and fall short of blood supply. This may cause them to burst, which can be very painful.
- Miscarriage: Most miscarriages occur before 13 weeks of pregnancy and the usual accompanying symptoms of bleeding are severe pelvic cramps. If you are pregnant and notice bleeding with pelvic pain, it is advisable to immediately visit a doctor. Diagnosis may require an ultrasound to confirm the miscarriage. If medications are not sufficient to remove the remnants, then a dilation and curettage may be required.
- Non-gynecological causes: Appendicitis, urinary tract infections, hernia, lower spinal problems, irritable bowel syndrome can also cause pelvic pain. The cause should be identified and managed accordingly.
Unfortunately, most women continue to experience and suffer with chronic pelvic pain without a cause identified. A thorough internal examination can help identify the problem and treat the issue.