Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Laxmi AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Hello, It's to know about ovulation date. Regularly periods used to occur 30th or 1st periods cycle will be 28-30 days. Only last month periods delayed till 7th. Now how to calculate ovulation date? Example last few periods date apr30, may 30, July 7 let me know the ovulation date please?
Hi my 27year old and got married 10th month ago so am preferring my wife to take ovral G tablet for the precaution in birth and she is also 27 year old is this could cause any problem later when we are planning for the baby in few year like 3year please suggest me and would this will effect in my future life and I had also tested her every and tested my self also there is no problem in her every an me too.
Hi dr, I have pcod and I am bleeding from last 2 weeks. Taken 15 tabs of pause mf till now but bleeding is not stopping. Please let me know wht should I do regards,
My girlfriend telling she had breast pain from till night and if he puss them then they are paining. And they also get so hard what she do? . Please help
I am five month pregnant. I think so that time I am not ready to take responsibility of mother. First complete education then. Sir, what can I do . to remove my pregnancy .what is the best decesion advice me how can remove my pregnancy.
Muje operation se 1 nov ko boy hua h or 13 ko stitches cut hue. Can you pls suggest the diet or food which I eat. Kya kya kha skti hu me baby ko healthy rkhne k lie. Jisse use loose motion b na ho or cold b na ho aise healthy foods suggest kijie pls. And should I take multivitamins after delivery. Hair fall na ho uske lie kya krna chahie. Or operation k bad yoga and Jumba kbse start kr skte h. And when we start relationship with husband after delivery from operation.
We had sex safely. She did not get her periods yet. We did the pregnancy test which was negative. What should be done?
Diagnostic Tests Females
We provide testing for fertility by all modalities ranging from reproductive hormones to diagnostic ultrasound to ascertain the cause. It is advisable that we make you undergo these tests before your final treatment/ plan of management is started.
- Blood tests: These include a whole array of blood investigation ranging from CBC , Urine routine microscopy, RBS, TSH, PROLACTIN, VDRL, HIV, HBSAG, HCV, AMH. And any other test depending on the history of the couple.
- Transvaginal ultrasound: A complete ultrasound of the uterus and adnexa is done to diagnose any anatomical disorder.
- Specific tests: In cases of recurrent implantation failure and recurrent pregnancy loss or if required other tests are also advised.
- Diagnostic Laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy: For many, this test is an important part of a fertility evaluation. Laparoscopy takes place under general anaesthesia with small incisions made at or just below the navel and the pubic hairline. A laparoscope (a small-diameter telescope) is passed through the incision, which enables one to view the ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus and pelvic cavity for abnormalities. We can check that the tubes are open (tubal patency) by injecting dye through the uterus and observing it spill or not through the ends of the fallopian tubes.
- Hysteroscopy: uses another small-diameter telescope called a hysteroscope. This enables to assess the uterine cavity for abnormalities such as polyps, adhesions or fibroids.
I got my periods on 25th December (period cycle 28 days). I had unprotected Sex on January 5th. Ive been using Estranon tab. To get my periods in regular. Will I get my periods on time? Will this tab. Estranon prevents pregnancy? please answer.
Arthritis is defined as a disease that causes painful inflammation and stiffness in joints. There are some food items, which you should avoid if you are suffering from arthritis since they can worsen your condition and lead to inflammation and joint pain. Stick to a smart, nutritious diet that doesn't make you gain weight.
The following food items should be struck off your daily meals:
- Red Meat: Red meat has high levels of saturated fat. Patients of arthritis must avoid consuming foods containing saturated fat because they contribute to obesity. They also contain Omega-6 fatty acids, which lead to inflammation if the intake is high. Red meat contributes to higher overall fat and calorie intake.
- Sugar and Refined Flour: Sugar and refined flour may cause an upsurge in blood sugar levels. When there is a spike in your blood sugar levels, the body produces a pro-inflammatory chemical called cytokines to break down the carbohydrates. This results in inflammation, worsening your arthritis symptoms. They also increase your weight, putting more and more pressure on the joints.
- Fried Foods: Eliminating fried foods from your diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation. Fried foods increase oxidation in the body's cells due to toxins called advanced glycation endproducts or age. They are high in fat and lead to obesity. Moreover, most restaurants use hydrogenated oils which are rich in trans fats. Trans fats are even more harmful than saturated fats when it comes to inflammation, chronic heart diseases and other health problems.
- Alcohol and tobacco: High intake of alcohol causes a surge in the body levels of CRP or C - reactive protein which is a powerful agent of inflammation. The risk of developing rheumatoid arthritis is higher among smokers.
- Processed Foods: Foods that are ready to eat and require minimal cooking contain several ingredients that cause inflammation. They are loaded with saturated fats, refined flour and sugar and are extremely unhealthy and worsen arthritic pain.
- Corn Oil: Many foods, especially baked foods, are cooked in corn oil or other oils which are rich in omega 6 fatty acids and trigger inflammation. Corn oil can be replaced with olive oil that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids which is anti-inflammatory. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My hpt came positive. I am 32 years old. I am 1 month 11 days pregnant. I am having backache and stomach cramps too. Is this normal or my periods are going to start?
Decreased urine volume
Increased excretion of stone-forming components
Inadequate urine drainage, which may lead to stasis
Decrease in urinary citrate levels leading to deposition of calcium
Deficiency of vitamins a or c - these conditions can also lead to the" hyper triad: hyperparathyroidism, hypercalcaemia, and hyperuricosuria.
When a stone causes no symptoms, watchful waiting is a valid option. For symptomatic stones, pain control is usually the first measure, using medications such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or opioids. More severe cases may require surgical intervention. For example, some stones can be shattered into smaller fragments using extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy. Some cases require moreinvasive forms of surgery. Examples of these are cystoscopic procedures such as laser lithotripsy or percutaneous techniques such as percutaneous nephrolithotomy. Sometimes, a tube (ureteral stent) may be placed in the ureter to bypass the obstruction and alleviate the symptoms, as well as to prevent ureteral stricture after ureteroscopic stone removal.
Recurrence of renal stones is common and therefore patients who have had a renal stone should be advised to adapt and adopt several lifestyle measures which will help to prevent or delay recurrence:
Increase fluid intake to maintain urine output at 2-3 litres per day.
Reduce salt intake.
Reduce the amount of meat and animal protein eaten.
Reduce oxalate intake (foods rich in oxalate include chocolate, rhubarb, nuts) and urate-rich foods (eg, offal and certain fish).
Drink regular cranberry juice: increases citrate excretion and reduces oxalate and phosphate excretion.
Maintain calcium intake at normal levels (lowering intake increases excretion of calcium oxalate).
Depending on the composition of the stone, medication to prevent further stone formation is sometimes given - eg, thiazide diuretics (for calcium stones), allopurinol (for uric acid stones) and calcium citrate (for oxalate stones).
My wife is pregnant and we have consulted a Doc. As per advise we have done the ultrasound and the report says that missed abortion and the reason being cardiac activity absent. The doc has advised for abortion. Need a suggestion that whether should go for abortion or should go for 2nd opinion.
Hello doc My wife is in her 5th month of pregnancy and she vomits very often and she is having a lot of gastric problem . Please suggest something .
Lymphogranuloma venereum (LGV) is a STD caused by the three different types of the “Chlamydia trachomatis” bacterium. LGV is generally a disease of the lymphatic system. It is characterized by small, asymptomatic skin lesions along the pelvis or groin region. It has been noticed that men are more prone to this than women.
What are the symptoms of lymphogranuloma venereum?
The symptoms may start within a few days or months after coming in contact with the bacteria. Some of the common symptoms are:
1. Pain during bowel movement
2. The growth of small painless sores in the genital area
3. Your skin might swell and turn red.
4. There can be drainage from the lymph nodes in the groin.
5. Blood and puss may pass from the rectum as well
What are the possible complications related to lymphogranuloma venereum?
1) The patient may have brain inflammation although this is very rare
2) The patient may suffer from infection in joints, eyes, heart, and liver
3) The rectum may get narrower and scary
4) There may be long-term swelling and inflammation of the genitals
How can you diagnose lymphogranuloma venereum?
1. Generally, doctors suspect lymphogranuloma venereum when the patient is suffering from genital ulcers, swollen lymph nodes and proctitis (inflammation of the rectum and anus).
2. Rectal specimens, genital lesions, and lymph node specimens are taken to test for Chlamydia trachomatis. This is detected by culture, nucleic acid detection, and direct immunofluorescence tests.
What are the treatments available for lymphogranuloma venereum?
People with LGV must be treated with antibiotics and drainage of the bulbous growths may also be necessary for symptomatic relief. Generally, two antibiotics are used to treat such patients:
1. Doxycycline, may be used to treat patients who are not pregnant.
2. Erythromycin is used in other cases and especially for women who are pregnant.
HIV positive patients and HIV-negative patients are treated in the same way. However, HIV patients may have to continue the treatment for a longer period of time due to the compromised immune system. The patients have to abstain from sexual activity till the completion of the antibiotic dose. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I had sex 2 months ago and now I did home pregnancy test and I got the result as negative, is this right and one more doubt is within how many days we can do home pregnancy test (I mean within one month test will work like that). Thank you.
Sir/mam please tell me how to reduce pain on first sex time. Is this very painful or not.Please tell.
Am in 20th week of pregnancy.Im having a frequent headaches , cold,dry cough, what medication I could take at home , please advice.
Patient is confused after taking conflicting opinion from eye department regarding squint surgery (bhengapan) of his little son at aiims and private hospitals in delhi.
He takes consult online, gets reply from us in patna and is properly guided about the treatment. Trust experience of 34 yrs.
Consult online/book physical appointment/take a second opinion/get compete details of doctor on www. Lybrate. Com/arjunkumarsingh or lybrate app
Doctor (arjun kumar singh) has done 50000 eye surgeries and 10000 phaco surgeries for cataract and has pioneered phaco surgery in undivided bihar in 1995 and was the second person to do so in eastern india.