Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lakhan Lal Mall
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Lakhan Lal MallYour feedback matters!
I am facing less energy problem. Having 10 month baby. Too hectic schedule with less sleep. Please suggest how to energies with food, exercise etc.
My age is 11. Pulsating headaches on back side of head for last 20 days. Taking migraine medicine and painkiller but no cure. Ct scan result normal. Please advice me what I can do. Thanks.
A pediatrician manages a child's overall physical and psychological health condition. While most parents consult a pediatrician when the child falls sick, they miss the importance of regular visits to the doctor even if the child is seemingly healthy. There are recommended schedules which prescribe regular visits to the doctor from about a week after the birth of the child. The visits are more frequent up till the age of 6 or 7, after which a monthly visit is usually sufficient. The following is a list of reasons why your child should be taken to a pediatrician every month:
1. Documenting the rate of growth
The pediatrician measures the child's weight and height during every visit and charts them. This is important for comparison with the average rate of growth and pin pointing the problems in normal growth (if any) and the reasons for these problems. For example, if a 4 year old girl is in the 80th percentile for height, it means that 80% of the girls her age are shorter than she is and 20% are taller than she is. The rate of growth is an indicator of a child's general health.
2. Detecting deviations in developmental patterns
There are well-defined physical and emotional developmental patterns for children of all ages. For example, a child starts using signals to communicate by 4 months, or starts talking by the age of 2. A pediatrician can spot deviations from the standard patterns better than parents can. Apart from the measurement of height and weight, sometimes hearing, motor skills and vision tests are also conducted on your visit to the pediatrician to ensure that these basic systems and functions are developing properly.
3. Identifying reasons behind behavioral problems
Behavioral issues in children can be caused by a number of reasons - their inability to correctly express physical discomfort, bonding or attachment issues with the parents or caregivers, interactive problems with peers in school etc. Common behavioral problems are snoring, sleep walking, bed wetting, outbursts of anger, lack of social communication etc. The problems can be prevented from becoming complicated conditions if treated early.
4. Prevention of diseases
The schedule for all the required vaccinations is maintained by the pediatrician. Apart from immunization, regular visits to a pediatrician are important for pointing the beginning symptoms of certain diseases. Nutritional deficiencies, which are very common in children, can be diagnosed and addressed before they lead to health problems. Often parents become extremely apprehensive about the child's health- their queries can be answered and their worries can also be put to rest by these visits.
We gave rotavirus (rotasiil) vaccine to my 3 month baby, soon after vaccine we gave him breastfeeding after sometime he splits saliva along with milk, I wanted to know whether the vaccine enter his body or not, can you please suggest me.
Children are born with juvenile and weak immune systems. Therefore, they have a tendency to get a high number of diseases, every one to two months. Children's immune systems start to develop not long after birth. The quantity of infections and allergies start to run down with time. When kids are in school, their rate of infections is generally the same as the rate for grown-ups. It is typical for a kid till the age of five to fall ill a few times per year. Thrice is still reasonable. If it goes beyond that, it classifies as a constant infection.
Most specialists are only concerned, if the child suffers from basic viral infections to more complicated ones and extreme bacterial diseases such as blood diseases and pneumonia. Bizarre infections or an expansion in the quantity of diseases after some time are other cautioning signs.
However, here are certain homeopathic cures that help build the immune system along with treating some of these serious issues:
- Allium Cepa: When there is watery release from the eyes along with a running nose, Allium Cepa is one of the best homeopathic medicines. It is ideal for infections that are weather-related. The eyes become red and are sensitive to light. The watery release from the nose is thin and harsh. In the meantime, the release from the eyes is a little thick.
- Arundo: At times when the symptoms start with extreme itching, Arundo is especially recommended and is one of the best homeopathic cures for constant infections in children. There is a great deal of itching and tingling in the nose, the eyes and on top of the mouth.
- Sulfur: This is the most common homeopathic medicine for skin infections with extreme itching and burning sensation. The skin usually stays dry and the patient gets relief by scratching it. Remaining tired all the time, having a sad and grimy looking skin, getting temptation for desserts and extreme warmth in the entire body are some symptoms for which Sulfur is selected.
- Arsenic Album: In situations where there is serious thirst and the child feels really weak, Arsenic Album is one of the best homeopathic medications for repetitive infections. There might be anxiety and uneasiness with alternate side effects of fever.
- Merc Sol: When the child does not feel comfortable in warm or cold surroundings, Merc Sol is extremely effective and is one of the best homeopathic medicines. There is a great amount of wheezing and watery release from the nose. The child feels worse in humid or wet climate. Increased sweating is another sign in order to take this medicine.
- Natrum Mur: In situations where there is a lot of sniffling and the symptoms begin with wheezing, Natrum Mur is very effective and is one of the best homeopathic medicines for repetitive infections. There is a lot of dryness of the mouth and mucous membrane.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!