Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kushal Nag
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Kushal NagYour feedback matters!
I am 28 year old and having pain of back side of head from last two years after some tiredness. So use pain killer for relief. But pain is comes after tiredness, so what we do for permanent relieving?
I am suffering from back pain. Doctors said that it is degenerative disc problem. Is there any cure. I will do everything.
I am 36 years old female and I am suffering from rheumatoid arthritis since 2yrs and thyroid since 11yrs.
The knee is one of the most important joints of the human body. It bears the weight of the whole body and helps a person walk, sit, run etc. Given the amount of pressure the knee joint is put under, it is not surprising for a knee pain to be a common complaint. There are many factors that could cause knee pain. The most common amongst these are discussed below:
- Tendonitis The location where the pain is centred can say a lot about the factors causing it. A pain in the front of the knee is usually caused by overusing the knee. This can make the knee tendons swell up and cause pain every time the knee joint is used. This condition may also be known as a jumper’s knee as it is commonly experienced by runners and sportsmen.
- Bone chips: Injuries are common causes of knee pain. Some injuries can make the bones at the joint chip and break off. These fragments may get stuck in the joint and make it freeze. It can also cause swelling and pain, every time the knee is used.
- Bursitis: This is also known as Housemaid's knee because kneeling for long periods of time can trigger this type of pain. These types of repetitive knee movements can lead to a fluid build-up in the bursa or cushion of the knee joint.
- Haemarthrosis: Some injuries can affect the blood vessels in the knee joint. This can also cause internal bleeding. As a result of this bleeding, the knee joint ligaments may feel swollen and bruised. Pain caused by this condition often requires medical treatment. In severe cases, hospitalization may also be needed.
- Chondromalacia patellae: This type of knee pain is usually experienced by athletes and hence is also known as a runner’s knee. It may also be experienced by older people suffering from arthritis. The condition is marked by a deterioration and softening of cartilage on the knee cap. This may be the result of repeated stress on the knees, weak hamstrings or poor alignment of the leg bones due to a congenital defect.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis causes a degeneration of cartilage in the joints. Without cartilage to cushion the bones, any movement can be very painful. Over time, it can damage the bones of the joint as well. Pain and stiffness are two characteristic symptoms of osteoarthritis.
- Torn meniscus: The cartilage that cushions the knee joint is known as the meniscus. Each knee joint has two menisci. Activities that put pressure on the knee joint can damage the meniscus and lead to a torn meniscus. This type of knee pain is worst whenever you touch the joint.