Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Audiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Krithika Iyengar SahaYour feedback matters!
Hi I've been diagnosed with Otitis media with effusion and i've been experiencing a degree of deafness. I was taking Rezole, Defgram, levofem, levoriz tablets and Rhinoset nasal spray. Now i'm off the medication since the doctor prescribed them for only 5 days. I could not go and visit the doctor after that, please let me know if I should take any ear drops or anything and any other exercises etc if they can help. I feel some kind of liquid present in my ear and thats irritating plus my hearing is impaired. Thanks.
I have been diagnosed for meniers disease from doctor in Silchar & same has been confirmed by CMC Vellore. I was having symptoms of giddiness, hearing loss & tinnitus in the left ear. After treatments from CMC Vellore (Medicine taken Ditide, 90 tab, one daily; vertistar-16, 60 tab, 2 daily; stemetil-5, 5 mg, as & when required) giddiness has been cured but tinnitus & hearing loss still persists what to do now?
Sir . My brother got ear drum braked (holed)(21) age and ear drum braked in childhood itself but now we knew that news when he got ear pain .& .now doctor advice to operation so we do operation in next week in manipal . So how much money it will happen? And how much day want to take rest . Is this major operation ?and aftr this operation he can hear well ? Please urgent clarify this dots sir.
My father needs hearing aid because he was diagnosed with 50% loss on both the ears by doctor. Anybody recommend best hearing aid companies to buy for? I want an affordable and best option. Thanks.
My son is 23 months old. He is not speaking not more than 3-5 words till now. He don't have any hearing problem. He understands all most everything we speak day to day. Is there any abnormality in this. Please suggest remedy.
I am ameen Uddin. I am 20 years old I am suffering from backpain since last 3 months. I have so much problems due to it. I hear about you so I am messaging you So please tell me that what can I do now.
My child is born deaf. He is unable to listen since birth. About 2 years have passed now. He is able to speak but not the appropriate words due to lack of listening capability. What is the treatment of this?
My hearing and eyesight have become weak. And I am stiffness in neck and back. Could this be due to weak nervous system. Which tests need to be done.
Having sensorineural hearing loss of mild type in rt ear and moderate type on lt side I am 66 year male and have not have much problem in hearing at distance of 4-5 ft How I can improve hearing at distance without a hearing aid.
Hearing loss is a common sensory problem that generally develops with increasing age or due to prolonged or persistent exposure to loud noises. It is one of the most typical problems that occurs throughout the world. If you are suffering from partial hearing loss, you may find ways of keeping in touch with your family and friends. If you are not suffering from such the following may help you keep your hearing intact for years to come.
Types of hearing loss:
There are two main types of hearing loss:
1. Conductive Hearing Loss where the problem lies in the middle ear, eardrum or ossicles. A conductive hearing loss affects the passage of sound between the eardrum and the inner ear. Sound passes down the ear canal to the ear drum and through the middle ear, where the sound is transmitted across the middle ear by the three bones called the ossicles to the inner ear.
Causes of conductive hearing loss:
- Malformation of outer ear, ear canal, or middle ear structures
- Fluid in the middle ear from colds
- Ear infection (otitis media - an infection of the middle ear in which an accumulation of fluid may interfere with the movement of the eardrum and ossicles
- Poor Eustachian tube function
- Perforated eardrum
- Benign tumors
- Impacted earwax
- Infection in the ear canal
- Foreign body in the ear
2. Sensorineural Hearing Loss where there is damage in the inner ear, cochlea or hearing nerve. Sensorineural hearing loss (SNHL) occurs when there is damage to the inner ear (cochlea), or to the nerve pathways from the inner ear to the brain. Most of the time, SNHL cannot be medically or surgically corrected. This is the most common type of permanent hearing loss.
Causes of sensorineural hearing loss:
- Exposure to loud noise
- Head trauma
- Virus or disease
- Autoimmune inner ear disease
- Hearing loss that runs in the family
- Aging (presbycusis)
- Malformation of the inner ear
- Meniere's Disease
Coping with Hearing Loss:
Antibiotics and eardrops are often prescribed to treat hearing loss and its symptoms. In many cases, people suffering from severe hearing loss use hearing aids. Hearing aids are tiny instruments that people use in their ears to make sounds louder. People who suffer from hearing loss cope with their problems through increased concentration and focus. The usual way involves reading the moving lips of the person while they talk. Prevention is better than cure and is the best solution to avoid long term hearing loss. Avoiding continuous loud noises, to the possible extent helps prevent hearing loss to a great extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.