Lybrate.com has top trusted ENT Specialists from across India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Koushik MondalYour feedback matters!
Hi, I had middle ear infection. Now the fluid has drained, but the tinnitus which came up at the time of the infection has not gone. It's the buzzing sound in the ear. Kindly advise.
Hi doctor, I am carting Godmensia (ginseng and gingko Biloba) and Livocitzene (anti allergies) and bresol (Himalaya), and ear drop for fungal infection. The problem is feeling of heavy ness in ear as something should come out and heavy ness and nervous in forehead. Please advise which combination is better. I am a Sinusitis patient. Please advise. Thanks.
When. Bending forward I cannot breathe through my nose it get stuffed. When I lie down to sleep at night my both nose I cannot breathe through it. My chest hurts as well. Whats the cause. Sometimes I get lightheadedness and dizziness? My ct scan on brain and sinus is normal in the ct results.
Its been 2 weeks I had a septoplasty and turbinate reduction surgery. So one thing I noticed that doctor has not removed the bony spur on right due to which I had breathing problems. When I asked him he said he has changed the angle of spur and we cannot remove it. Is it so? And I am still facing breathing problems. How long it will take to recover completely? Shall I eat/drink cold stuff like cold-drink or ice cream?
What is a long term treatment available in the multi speciality hospitals for sinusitis and common cold. Please do give the best suggestion.
I am shifted from one state to another after marriage and every I get throat infection. What is the cause and treatment?
I had bad throat for 2 days and was coughing and sneezing. From last night I've fever too. However I need to go to work regularly this week. Please prescribe best medicine. I was planning to take paracetamol and azax 500. Please advise.
My throat is badly paining every time even I had taken treatment many times but there was only tempraorily relieved. Now give me some permanent treatments.
Hi, My throat feels blocked all the time, especially after a meal. When I cough up in the morning I see white stuff coming out which are large enough. I researched about this and found out that these white stuffs are called tonsillitis. Theres no way that I have been able to get rid of these. I maintain good oral hygiene, still no luck. Taking antibiotics helped for a period of time but soon as I stop medication, I start getting them. Please help. Thanks!
A nose surgery (rhinoplasty) is performed to alter the structure and shape of your nose and improve its function and or appearance. Here are a few things you should know about nose surgeries:
- Consult your doctor: Before deciding on undergoing a nose surgery, speak with a doctor regarding issues with your nose. Your doctor will check your problems and judge whether or not surgery is a feasible option. It is only with your doctor's confirmation that you should go for the surgery.
- The surgery is done either with local anesthesia (your nose and surrounding areas will be numbed) or general anesthesia (you will fall asleep).
- The surgeon will make incisions in your nostrils and base of the nose and alter the shape, structure and position of the cartilages in your nose for appealing shape and better functionality. Polyp removal is also done by rhinoplasty.
- Recovery after the surgery: You will be required to wear a nose splint. You can expect swelling around the eyes, which will begin to subside after the third day. Swelling in the nose will go away after six months. Therefore, do not expect to see your results immediately, final condition of your nose will be apparent after the recovery period is over. You should avoid strenuous activity for 3 to 6 weeks. Do not smoke or drink alcohol during recovery. Smoking slows recovery time and alcohol reduces normal effects of drugs.
Type of rhinoplasty you can opt for
- Closed rhinoplasty: Incisions are made inside the nostrils and hence there is no scarring.
- Open rhinoplasty: An additional cut is made along the columella and this may result in scarring. However, the position of the scar is such that it is almost unnoticeable.
Risks associated with it
Any surgical procedure has certain risks. These risks associated with nose surgery include:
- Adverse effect to anesthesia
- Unfavorable outcomes
- Visible scarring
- Difficulty breathing
- Chronic nosebleeds
- A perforated septum
- Burst blood vessels
- Nervous damage
- Possibility of revision surgery