Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kavita Mandal
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kavita MandalYour feedback matters!
I am associated with Dr.Kabita Mondal from the past one years and I have never come across a doctor like her.She is very co-operative and understanding ,The Dr. Should be like this.My entire phase of pregnancy was under her and it was because of her that the journey was more smooth and memorable. I have always been open to her about all my problems and she has dealt with them not professionally but as an elder sister.Thank you madam being not only my doctor, but my mentor as well.. I would recommend others too. Riya Pal,VIP Road, Kolkata-700052.
On 8th January 2018 I had protected intercourse but the condom broke and some portion of ejaculation happened inside my vagina. I took an i-pill within 10 hours of the intercourse. My menstrual cycle started on 30th December and got over on 4th January. On 3th of January I experienced reddish brown clot which lasted for 3 days. Again today, i.e. 25th of January the brown clotting has started. What are the chances of pregnancy? And why am I experiencing the brown clot again? Is it something to worry about?
Now my wife 19th week pregnant. We did blood and urine test. In test WBC is 13.6.and pus cell in urine 3-4.my amniotic fluid index 7 CM. So is there any relation between these three? Reply. Thank you.
I had sex with my bf last sunday. But the sperm did enter in my vagina. I have taken ipill within 24 hours. But Why my stomach is bloating after having ipill?
My wife is having cyst in right ovaries. So she is experiences heavy pains during MC. What should be done?
Pregnancy loss could be devastating. Not only does it affect a woman mentally, but it also often takes a huge toll on her confidence. Post miscarriage trauma is a common phenomenon in this case. The range of emotion a woman might go through include denial, guilt, anger, depression envy and yearning. Although the process of grieving takes a lot of time, the first step towards post miscarriage trauma is to accept the inevitable and move on.
Here is a list of tips that will greatly help a woman to cope up with the loss:
- Take time: While listening to friends and family seems to be the best course of action around this time, your loved ones need not get priorities at this time. If you believe that clearing your baby’s belongings is causing pain to you, take the time to prepare yourself. Clear away the stuff only when you are emotionally ready to do so.
- Create memories: While a lot of people suggest to completely get rid of all the memories that are attached to the baby, it may not be a great thing to do. Studies have shown that creating a memory about your loss helps to heal faster. So go ahead and take a picture with your baby, plant a tree, take a footprint or christen the baby. Good memories attached to your baby will not haunt you about the loss.
- Take care: Do not neglect your personal health and well-being. Eat well, take enough rest, quit smoking and drinking and seek pleasure in your loved one's company. The more you embrace life, better are your chances to get back to the grooves. Following an old hobby or working out one hour per day goes a long way in the process of healing.
- Get your partner’s help: Being open about your emotions is a good thing to do. Express your feelings about the baby to your partner. The process of coping up can be entirely different from each other. What matters is to let each other’s feelings known. Your partner’s broad shoulder is your best bet to come out of your loss.
- Set the expectations right: Women often get cranky and irritated after a miscarriage. Speak to your loved ones and let them know about your feelings. This will help you to get your loved ones support you and let you heal quickly from your loss.
- Support group: It is very comforting to share your feelings with people who have already experienced the kind of loss you have faced. Sharing in person can reduce your pain a great deal. A spiritual healer or a professional psychiatrist can also play a crucial role in your recovery.
A woman's sexual desire never remains the same. It fluctuates with a woman’s menstrual cycle, age, mental state and health. Life changes like pregnancy, menopause and social dynamics like family relationships and stress at work affect her libido. But there are other reasons which are more ‘chemical’ for a woman’s sexual highs and lows, as we shall soon see. Before we get to the symptoms and reasons for low libido in women, let’s define what low sexual drive is.
If a woman has persistent or recurrent lack of sexual interest, she may be suffering from hypoactive sexual desire disorder or low sex drive. This is the most common form of sexual dysfunction among women of all ages.
Common symptoms of low sex drive are
- No interest in any type of sexual activity, like touching, kissing or even self-stimulation
- Absence of sexual fantasies or thoughts
Physical causes which lead to low sex drive in women
- Diseases: Arthritis, cancer, back pain, diabetes, high BP, coronary artery disease and neurological diseases can affect arousal and sexual enjoyment in women.
- Low testosterone: This male hormone affects sexual drive in both men and women. The levels of testosterone peak in the 20s in women and then decline, which means older women have lower sex drives than younger ones. The levels tank dramatically after menopause.
- Medications: Use of antidepressants and anti-seizure medications can cause low sex drive in women and so can certain blood pressure lowering drugs, and oral contraceptives. These drugs affect libido in many ways like decreasing available testosterone levels or affecting blood flow.
- Disorders: Conditions like thyroid dysfunction, endometriosis and fibroids are all libido dampeners.
- Hormonal changes: Estrogen levels fall during menopause. This affects sexual desire and may lead to dry vagina syndrome, causing pain during sex. Pregnancy and breast-feeding also take a toll on female desire as these bring about massive changes in her body image along with numbing fatigue.
- Anxiety and depression
- Poor body image
- Low self-esteem
- Physical or sexual abuse
- Negative sexual experiences
- Alcohol and drug use
Since sexual desire in women is so complex and multi-dimensional, relationships, emotional state of a woman, her sense of well-being, as well as closeness and chemistry have a role to play. However, low sexual desire has to be recognized as such, to be cured. The cure for low libido is not just physical, but it is usually a multi-pronged strategy including social, psychological and emotional factors. But we assure you that a visit to a doctor, lifestyle changes and medications can help you get into the mood more often. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Hi I am 30 weeks pregnant and last week I got to know tht my sugar level is high it was around 10.8. Currently I am in UK and getting treated here. They have given me the test machines through which I am taking the reading 4 times in a day. Now my reading is almost at the border of higher side the baby weight is also 3.4 lb. So tey said its pretty normal in pregnancy, and they have suggested, me to start taking insulin from today because if the baby size will grow then it might be a problem for normal delivery and can lead to many other things. Being indian can someone please suggest what should be the diet and things to taken care.
1. Appetite Problem - Make a paste of citron adding rock salt in it and take it daily. Or take ginger chips with lemon and rock salt before Meal.
2. Chronic constipation : In condition as stool are the location in intestion since long, has to take garlic in additional quantity in diet regularly.
3 Fracture - In any type of fracture tie a bandage first and take laxadi gugal or abhadi gugal 2 tabs twice a day which can make healing faster
4. Rheumatoid Arthritis - In the case of Rheumatoid Arthritis there is a lots of pain and swelling in small joints which increased in morning. In this type of condition start castor oil one spoon with decoction of Dry ginger once a day. And apply Dry ginger and Gugal as paste.
In an age where contemporary and conventional medicine seems to cure an ailment only to cause significant side effects, it is only to be expected that people wish to take a look at alternative medicine. One of the primary forms of alternative medicine happens to be homeopathy. That being said, people do have concerns as to whether homeopathy has any side effects, as well.
- The truth of the matter is that homeopathic medicine does have side effects. It is only to be expected to see side effects when any medicine, at all, is consumed in an amount which is greater than what it is to be consumed in. The good part when it comes to homeopathic medicine is the fact that the side effects are not close to as bad as those of allopathic and other medicines.
- The only signs of an overdose and its accompanying side effects in terms of homeopathy is likely to be that the person will show effects of a high amount of energy. All this means is that the medicine has had its intended impact and has gone beyond that. Once the homeopathic medicine stops, all the symptoms are very likely to disappear without a permanent trace. Is this not better than conventional medicines whose side effects can lead to more medication being required in order to sort out the adverse side effects?
- In a few of the many cases of treating patients by the way of homeopathic medicine, it is found that when the course of medicine is begun, the situation does get a bit worse prior to it getting better. This is known professionally by the term ‘homeopathic aggravation’ and is nothing to worry about, by any measure.
- Most forms of homeopathic medicine feature a very high level of dilution of the actual medicine, so the risks are minimal. That being said, there are a few medicines which can have side effects if they are consumed in larger than prescribed doses. Arnica, which is a popular medicine, is one. It can cause some stomach irritation. However, as long as it is consumed in the right quantity, there is no need to worry about this. Isn’t that quite a relief?
- The high degree of customization when it comes to homeopathic treatment is also good as what this does is that it reducing the risk of side effects. This is because, after all, a side effect is generally caused by the lack of suitability of an element in the medicine to the person who is under treatment. Because homeopathic treatment is customised, the scope of this is limited, which is quite a good thing!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!