Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Kaushik MondalYour feedback matters!
Homeopathic remedies can soothe the pain and soreness of bruises that come from injury, reduce swelling and fluid leakage into surrounding tissues, and generally encourage healing. Some of the commonly indicated remedies are:
Arnica montana: traumatic injuries including bruises caused by impact with blunt objects (from simple contusions to concussions) and bruise-like soreness after muscular exertion (such as physically-taxing work, athletics, or childbirth).
Calendula: useful for open wounds, ulcers; promotes healthy granulation and rapid healing. Is often used as local application for open wounds.
Staphhysagria: lacerated or incised injury.
Ledum palustre: this remedy is indicated contused, ecchymosed wounds when cold applications such as ice-packs or cold soaks bring some relief. Extravasation of blood in the lids (black eye), conjunctiva. Long discoloration after injuries.
Hypericum: used for bruising or crushing injuries to body areas containing many nerves - smashed fingertips and toes, injuries to the spine or genitals, bruising or displacement of the tailbone (from falls or during childbirth), and injuries to the eyeball.
Bellis perennis: for injuries and bruises, especially those caused by trauma to the trunk or in deeper tissues - for example, internal soreness after an accident or surgery.
Calcarea phosphorica: indicated in bone-bruises, as well as other kinds of pain and soreness in the bones, also used when fractures are slow to heal.
I feeling pain in my left hand for 2-3 days in two or three months. The pain is unbearable. Do you know why its paining and what should I do for this?
What exactly is a spine block injection? Will it work long-term for low back pain due to disc problems?
Hi sir/Madam, I am 34 years old. I bought new shoes 10 days back. Slowly my toes started little bit itching and cracks came between my toes and itching and burning. So I am thinking that my foot got fungus and skin become white and causing painful. So sir/madam, I request you to please help me by providing good medicine to cure this problem. Thanks &Regards,
I am 40 year female, active I walk n gym total 2 hrs of workout n m health conscious but still suffer a lot from stiffness through out body n pain, massages n workout help but temporary if I escape these my situation becomes worse, please help.
Hello, My sister who is 28 years old got married two months back. After two weeks of marriage she wasn't well n suffering pain in her back n wasn't able to getup from her bed. Doctors done her blood n urine tests which showed dat her right ovary is enlarged. She had problem with her periods which usually came after every 2-3 months time. Secondly doctor also suggested her MRI scanning which showed dat she is having axial ankylosing spondylitis. Can you suggest dat what is it actually and how is it going to affect her in future n will she cure from these? Will she have children n what is risk for her children? Kindly suggest d causes, treatments n care to be taken for her kids.
Hi, I am 19 years old in an accident my leg was pressed under bike tyre two week were gone no relief feel I am wearing cream bandage also but no relief feels. Please advise
My aunt has joint pain, basically in her legs, there are gout. Bursitis, or inflammation of the cushioning pads around joints. So I need help which type of specialist I should visit,
I m suffering from back pain since two three days. What is the reason for back pain. Is it the way I sit or something else.
25 years old female having problem with left leg above the knee; becomes senseless and experiencing pain.
I am working in office on PC for more than 10 hours due to which I am having back pain, can you suggest some ways to avoid it?
I am 20 years old student. Sometimes due to traveling I have joint pain in my right leg. Please suggest me good exercise or medicine.
I am 63 years old and suffering from osteoarthritis since last 6 months in spite of medication and steroid injection and physiotherapy such as wax ultra ift quadriceps no relief knee pain cracking and stiffness continues pl suggest.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a painful one that is born from a strain on the median nerve, which loops through the wrist bone to connect it with the rest of the hand and fingers so as to promote motion. This condition can be a painful and debilitating one that usually starts at night, and affects the various fingers, especially the thumb and index finger. The symptoms include numbness, a tingling sensation, a weak grip, and the inability to do many tasks that involve the thumb and index finger. There are many ways of treating this condition with the help of physiotherapy, steroids and corticosteroids. There are easier ways of dealing with this issue on an everyday basis, as follows.
- Wrist Splint: It is a good idea to wear a wrist splint at night which will keep the bones and muscles stationary as the pain in this condition usually starts at night. This will also prevent further damage to the median nerve.
- Activity: Keep your activity to a minimum to give your hand and rest, in particular, some much needed rest from the pain, numbness and tingling. Further, you need to avoid activities that cause too much pain and numbness. Also, take care to keep your thumb and wrist straight during other activities so that there is less strain on the median nerve.
- Strength and Flexibility: Many times, the pain from the wrist and fingers can spread towards the arm as well. In order to prevent this and to treat the pain on a more long term basis, it is important to turn to some mild exercise which can make the area more flexible and strong. This can include wrist twists which can be done ten times for each hand. One can also try Yoga to strengthen the joints in the upper body.
- Ice Pack: Use an ice pack or ice compress on your wrist for ten to fifteen minutes each every few hours to help in relieving unbearable pain.
- Anti-Inflammatory Medication: Patients suffering from this condition can also turn to non steroid medication that will help in bringing down the inflammation. This inflammation is usually responsible to a great extent for symptoms like numbness and pain which can halt various activities. These drugs may include aspirin, ibuprofen, and even naproxen sodium.
- Taking Breaks: One must take regular breaks at work and flex the fingers and the wrist so that the painful bending posture does not make matters worse.
Ensuring that you manage your everyday functioning despite Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a matter of balancing your activities with rest.