Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
I have unexplained chest pain all around the chest. Also I have digestion problem. My ecg, echo and tmt, chest xray, abdomen ultrasound is perfect. But I keep on having chest pains anxiety and panic all day from one year. Please help. I am so scared that I go for ecg everyday. I am taking cholesterol medicines. I always feel like I have a heart problem or heart attack.
I am a student . I sit 10 hours a day . I do not walk more than 400 mtr a day . From last month I am facing acidity problem due to this I have pain in my chest above heart and in upper back. 15 days left of my exam what should I do. Please assist me . Thank you.
How can a 53-year-old patient with a 145/100 blood pressure bring it down, and if needed, what medications can be recommended?
I am a 23 years old male & I am suffering from chest pain. Chest pain occurs suddenly at no significant time interval. Generally 2 to 4 times in a week.
I am 55 years old I am diabetic type 2 since from last 4 years I work in office the whole day will pass in office I don't get time to do any physical exercise as I get tire when I return home the only exercise I do in the morning taking deep breath &some physical exercise my rbs is around 160/170 please guide.
Sir. My mother has problem in her chest. We are taking treatment from last 6 months but no benefit or recovery has recorded. Dry cough, pain in chest, inhalation problem are major symptoms. Doctor never told us what type of disease my mother had. Name the disease sir.
Menopause is the loss of a woman's natural ability to conceive as she approaches the age of 50. The levels of the female sex hormones estrogen and progesterone begin to drop disrupting the ovulation and menstruation cycles. There are also associated symptoms of menopause, such as weigh gain, low sex drive and hot flashes. You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
Here are 5 other problems you may experience after menopause:
- Increased level of cholesterol: The human body comprises two types of cholesterol primarily: High Density Lipoprotein (HDL) and Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL). The former is known as "good cholesterol". Estrogen helps to keep your HDL high and LDL low. After menopause, the levels of LDL or "bad cholesterol" naturally go up even if HDL levels remain unaltered. Regular physical exercise can prevent the rise in the levels of LDL.
- Dry skin: Estrogen is responsible for controlling the production of oil in your body. As estrogen levels fall, the oil secretion falls too. This leads to dry and scaly skin, especially skin of the face and arms. You can use moisturizers and creams to prevent flaking of the skin.
- Hair fall: This is also a result of dry skin. The skin of the scalp dries up and cannot provide nourishment to the hair. This causes hair fall. The variability in the levels of the hormones also causes deficiency of certain proteins that are essential for the nails and hair. Use mild herbal shampoos to deal with the problem. Chemical treatment procedures often do more harm than good.
- Unsocial tendencies: The irregularities in the production of the female hormones have an impact on your emotional and social behavior. You may want to spend more and more time by yourself instead of socializing with friends and relatives. These are not symptoms of depression or any other psychological condition. It is simply an emotional transference period.
- Drowsiness: While insomnia is one of the most symptoms of menopause, the situation somewhat reverses after some time. Menopause causes changes in the body weight, hormone cycles and metabolism. All of these, in turn, affect your energy levels. You feel extremely sleepy during the day, especially in the afternoon. However, sleeping during the day can cause sleeping problems at night. So, do not take a nap for more than half an hour during the day.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.