Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Kankana RanaYour feedback matters!
What should be the diet for a glowing and healthy skin. And what should be the diet for no acidity. Please tell me sir.
I am having High triglyceride (350) approx and severe digestion problem since last 10 months. I have started taking rusovas 20 after consulting a doctor and ayurvedic constipation tab. Please guide me if I should go through alternative treatment for my digestion problem and cholesterol as I am developing a white spot on my eyelid.
How to get rid of acidity no matter what I eat? I am tried a large number of antacids, but I am not getting any result.
Today I can done abdomen and pelvis ultrasound. It shows that 5mm stone in left kidney and left adnexa show 43×33mm sized benign cyst with internal thin sepate and echoes likely hemorrhagic ovarian cyst. What does it mean. And what can I do? It is dangerous or not.
I have undergone a surgery for gallbladder stone and remove the gallbladder. It will have any side effects? And I'm getting some kind of pain in the right side back. What are the chances of getting stones again?
Ulcerative colitis is a chronic inflammation of ulcers or open sores, in the innermost layer of the large intestine. It is a form of inflammatory bowel disease. Even though there is no absolute cause of ulcerative colitis, there are some possible factors such as genetics, infections and stress. It mostly seems to be hereditary in the sense that of the 10-30% people that have ulcerative colitis, most of them have one close family member with the same condition.
The main symptoms of ulcerative colitis are the following:
- Diarrhoea with blood and mucus
- Abdominal pain can range from mild discomfort to painful cramping
- Weight loss
Treatment of Ulcerative Colitis: Even though conventional treatment such as corticosteroids and aminosalicylates are used to reduce inflammation, homeopathic treatment can help stop the bleeding and diarrhoea. A long-term remission is possible, and future attacks can be prevented by homeopathy.
Stress and Ulcerative Colitis
When someone is under stress, the body gears up for a fight-or-flight response by secreting certain hormones, including adrenalin, as well as molecules called cytokines. They stimulate the immune system, which triggers inflammation. In people whose ulcerative colitis is in remission, this sets the stage for the return of their symptoms, known as a flare-up.
Ulcerative colitis itself can increase your stress as well. Worrying about symptoms, having an accident, and managing a chronic condition in general — taking medication, eating right, avoiding triggers — can increase stress. Along with the physical symptoms of the disease, managing stress is a priority for people with ulcerative colitis,
Reduce Stress, Reduce Ulcerative Colitis
There are many ways to ease such stress. Here are some of the ways that can help you reduce stress-
- Deep breathing. Breathing from the diaphragm floods the body with beneficial oxygen, which slows your heart rate and can lower blood pressure. Deep breathing can help you both in your daily life and when you feel stressed, Horst says.
- Yoga and stretching. Yoga provides a double benefit for people with ulcerative colitis: It's a physical exercise that stretches and strengthens muscles, and it's a meditative exercise that can help you to relax and release stress.
- Don’t overdo it. Limit stress by not overwhelming yourself with tasks and responsibilities. It's easy to want to take on a lot, especially when you're feeling good, but wearing yourself down can cause a flare.
- Rest. Getting the proper amount of rest and quality sleep can help to both reduce ulcerative colitis symptoms and boost your overall health.
I have gastric problem and constipation regularly, so please suggest some medicine and few tips for gastric, acidity, constipation.
I am having sever pain in my back an abdomen, on both left and right side. Whole night I had to spend with sleeping. I took antiacidic en pain qulor. Can you help me why this pain was all off sudden.
I am facing always stomach related problem. I had not take much food but my weight is continuously increasing. And gastric problem also. Please do suggest me any medicine or suggestion.
Gastro: whenever I eat outside food, I have stomach problem. No pain etc but indigestion and I end up passing stool couple of times per day. Also, when I drink water or any liquid, I have to pass urine in next 15 mins or so. Please advise.
I am 25 years old male. I had food digestion problem. I can't digest easily. So please tell me how to overcome this,
10 things to keep in mind when you have acid reflux problem:
1. Limit your intake of acidic foods: This would include tomatoes, vinegar, oranges, grapefruit, etc.
2. Say no to spicy food: Lower the amount of your consumption of spicy foods. These tend to give heartburns.
3. Don’t head to bed post meal: After you have had your meal, avoid lying down. Digestion is quicker and better when you are sitting upright
4. Avoid greasy food: Non-fatty food and lean meat are good to go.
5. Have lesser sour foods: Cut down your excessive consumption of mustard, mint, citrus, vinegar, chocolates, pepper, and tomatoes.
6. Avoid carbonated drinks and alcohol: They tend to trigger reflux.
7. Avoid smoking.
8. Avoid tight clothing: Don't wear snug or tight clothes, go to bed wearing comfortable clothes.
9. Stick to gluten-free diet: A protein that is found in barley, rye, wheat etc might also trigger the symptoms of GERD.
10. Get professional help: Consult a doctor and then take action accordingly. If you are on medication, get yourself checked from time to time. Do not stop taking the medicine that has been prescribed by your doctor, suddenly.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.