Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KanjilalYour feedback matters!
The World Health Organization (WHO) calls infertility “a disease of the reproductive system defined by the failure to achieve a clinical pregnancy after 12 months or more of regular unprotected sexual intercourse.”
Infertility can occur in both women and men. Primary infertility is infertility in a couple who have never had a child, while secondary infertility is failure to conceive following a previous pregnancy. A woman who doesn’t conceive and/or is unable to carry a full-term pregnancy is labeled as infertile.
Causes of infertility in women
Infertility in women is caused by many factors like infections and ageing amongst others like the following:
- High FSH - Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) is a hormone secreted by the pituitary gland in the body. It stimulates follicle growth in the ovary and causes the eggs to mature for fertilization. FSH levels increase with age and high FSH levels in blood can mean that the ovaries are not functioning too well and hence it can be a likely reason for infertility.
- Blocked fallopian tubes - Blocked fallopian tubes or ‘fallopian tube obstruction’ is the biggest reason for infertility in women. We all know that fertilization happens inside the fallopian tubes, so an obstruction here means an absence of fertilization and pregnancy.
- Endometriosis - Women with endometriosis experience a drop in fertility by almost 12-35%. It is a condition where the lining of the uterus starts growing, not in the uterus, but elsewhere in the abdomen i.e. ovaries, fallopian tube and the pelvic area.
- Fibroids- These are non-cancerous tumours inside or around the uterus.
- Age- The biggest reason for infertility in women is their age. If a woman’s age is 35 plus, her ovaries do not function properly and release less eggs, which are not very healthy.
- Hormonal imbalance - These cause ovulatory malfunctions and poor egg development.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) - PCOS is a type of hormonal imbalance, which leads to production of excessive male hormones in a woman’s body, thereby causing infertility.
Can Ayurveda boost fertility in women?
According to Ayurveda, infertility arises when ‘shukra dhatu’, which produces eggs in women and sperms in men, is weak due to lack of proper nutrition. This could be due to poor digestion or an absence of a balanced diet or due to the presence of ‘ama’ or toxins in the body.
According to Ayurveda, sexual indulgence and promiscuity can also cause infertility due to the decrease in ‘shukra dhatu’.
Ayurvedic fertility enhancers for women
- Ashoka – It stimulates the endometrium found in the uterus and ovaries and aids in ovulation.
- Lodhra – It cures all female disorders that stop conception and regulates levels of reproductive hormones like FSH and LH, which are essential for conception.
- Shatavari – It nourishes the ovum or egg and enhances fertility as it contains estrogen-like compounds.
- Gokshura – This herb is helpful for both men and women. It works as a fertility tonic in women by stimulating the ovaries and thus cures PCOS, a leading cause of female infertility.
Ayurveda also recommends a diet rich in food items like ghee, milk, almonds, walnuts, sesame and pumpkin seeds to improve overall health and thus enhance levels of ‘shukra dhatu’ in the body. Since ‘vata’ dosha is closely associated with the reproductive system in women, Ayurveda also assigns a lot of value to its regulation for proper ovulation and stress control. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
I have PCOD and have unwanted hair on my face is der any remedy for removing unwanted hair permanently.
Sir how to know a girl is pregnant . And if she is pregnant what medicine for that.Please suggest me something.
My periods date vary every month. Last month it was on 1st march and now on 4th April .How do I come to know about my most fertile days .Is there a way to find out the ovulation day .How frequent should the couples meet to get more chances of getting pregnant.
Hello Doctor, I am 8 weeks pregnant and did Sonography which is absolutely normal. I just want to ask you that can we continue with our sex life regularly? Or we should stop for some weeks? Or we should use some protection? Need your expert advice. Thank you.
Ghee is a good fat! if you know how to use It.
- Ghee, which is known as ‘ghrita’ in ayurveda, is described as ‘the best’ among lipid. Media due to its quality of inheriting and enhancing the drug potency. It is given Foremost importance for internal usage in diet or as an adjuvant medicine.
- It is extensively used in ayurvedic practice, especially in degenerative, chronic and Deep-seated diseases.
- Ghee is used as medicine by itself or as media for extraction, absorption and Assimilation of any medicine. It is used as medicine when qualities of lipids and fats Are required for treatment. It is used as solvent or base for extraction of herbo-mineral Active principles. It is used as media for absorption of lipid soluble vitamins or other Active principles in the food or medicine. It is also used as a carrier media in certain medicines to facilitate the transport of active principles across the cell membrane, which is permeable only to lipid molecules, e. G, the blood-brain barrier where transport of ‘medhya’ (which promote intellect and memory) medicines is possible if the drug is processed in lipid media.
- Ghee is used in different doses for different purposes at different timings in ayurvedic treatment. It is given in larger doses on empty stomach without food for the purpose of cleansing the body by panchakarma procedures. Whereas, if it is to increase the bulk of the body, then it is given in small quantities mixed with food. Similarly, if it is used as medicine to alleviate some disease process, then it is given in moderate doses on empty stomach.
The relevance of such usage of ghee in this era of ‘cholesterol threat’ can be explained as follows:
- Even though ghee is an animal fat, studies have shown that the larger doses given for cleansing purpose do not increase the level of ‘bad’ cholesterol, ldl. Instead, this increased the ‘good’ cholesterol hdl or sometimes did not alter the lipid profile at all.
- Alleviating doses of medicated ghee is helpful in absorption and transport of lipid soluble active principles across cell membranes, which are permeable only to lipid media. Also, ghee has the ability to increase the levels of fat soluble vitamins, especially vitamin e in the blood which is an important antioxidant in preventing oxidation of ldl in the sub-endothelial space of arteries and thus, preventing atherosclerosis and the consequent heart attack or stroke.
- Bulk promoting doses of ghee are used where there is indication for that, especially in a lean and emaciated person. In such cases, there will be deficiency of fats and fat- soluble principles. Moreover, even though ldl is depicted as ‘bad’ cholesterol, it is required in its non-oxidized form to build and repair the cell wall and hence, for all structural units in the body. So, administration of ghee in such persons will fulfill the deficient principles to build, maintain and repair those structural units.
- Many enzymes and hormones are also released and activated by lipids in gi tract and blood. Ghee stimulates biliary secretion and contraction of gall bladder. It nourishes Gi mucosa, lubricates it, enhances the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins and strengthens the colonic flora of useful microbes.
- Thus, usage of ghee in suitable conditions with suitable doses of suitable preparations will render thousands of benefits due to nullification of toxins and toxic effects of drugs; increased absorption, transportation and bio-availability of the drugs used and also by acting as a media to dissolve and enhance the efficacy of the active principles in the drugs used. Hence, usage of ghee explained in ayurveda is very appropriate, if
- It is used judiciously by considering the indications and contra-indications properly.
Physiotherapic approaches for sports injuries
What role does physiotherapy play in treating injuries?
The recent t20 world cup 2016 match between India and Australia held in Mohali saw some action as well as injuries. Yuvraj Singh faced an ankle sprain while he was batting and was helped by immediate attention by a physiotherapist to resume the winning match.
What are the types of injuries related to cricket?
The most common injuries related to the gentleman's game are:
- hamstring strain
- low back pain
- side strain
- shoulder pain
- sprained ankle
How does physiotherapy help an individual?
A physiotherapist assesses your muscle strength and the range of movement in your joints and advises on techniques and exercises to bring back the mobility of your injured muscles or inflamed joints.
Physiotherapy is a physical therapy that takes care of the overall well-being of the body esp. The muscular part which is most affected when you play or exercise. Three of the main approaches a physiotherapist may use are:
- education and advice- tips and hacks for ensuring physical well-being of a person
- movement and exercise- aids and exercises to ensure good physical health
- manual therapy- a therapy of manual massage and body movements to relieve pain
- other techniques- these include acupuncture, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (tens) and ultrasounds.
There are numerous sports related injuries that can be effectively treated through physiotherapy. The therapy followed is entirely dependent on the kind of injury caused due to the sport.
The physiotherapist initially asks you some questions to know about your injury, medical history, family health records, prevalent allergies, and other such related information. Based on this initial examination, your physiotherapist will design a therapy plan for a test period to see if it is working or not.
10Dosages take. Deviry tablet due to my misings period but still my period is not coming. And use also kit for sure. Result is negative. Help me. please doc. What should I do now.
My girlfriend and me have unprotected sex regularly 4 times on a single day .her period starts on 17-3-17 and we had sex on 1-04-17 .i had given her unwanted 72 after completing 4 time unprotected sex in single day. Is she will get pregnant. Help.
I'm suffering from pms. I delivered a girl 1.5yrs back on a cesarean and my mood swings are dangerous. They make me scream at my kid, beat her, cry for no reason, hate sex. I had painful breasts and I took primrose tablets. My gynaec said it was post partum depression. I'm a working woman and we are a nuclear family. I drop my daughter in my mom's place everyday. Please help. My cycle is also changing though I get it 3-4 days delayed.
My daughter of 11-years old having chronic cough and cold with irritation in throat. She coughed severly while at night and early in morning. She cannot breathe properly. She suffers from this i think last three months. I am given her beledona 200 thrice daily,but its now becomes sever. Please suggest me something best in homoeopathy,
My wife is suffering with gas problem. In her last sonogram fibroid found in uterus. Doctor asking it's nothing to worry. She was on medication, but problem starts again, when she completed. Sometimes before, someone (who was performing reiki) told that it's intestine problem. My wife has abnormal period & heavy bleeding history, before marriage. She is overweight & under treatment at anjali mukerjee weight loss programmer.. Please guide.
Hi I'm had a sex with my bf before 2 weeks ago nd we had a protect sex. The periods are not coming I thnk its my 33 day today. Before month wen have sex periods are came twice in one month distance 15 days. It happd to me b'coz of fasting. My menstrual cycle days are 26. So now I didn't getting periods why its happening to me so please solve my prblm doctor.
I am pregnant lady 13 week is running for me m getting back pain and stomach pain often. please help.
Chronic diseases can be defined as long-term diseases that plague an individual, and are generally progressive in nature, i. E. Their symptoms become worse as time passes by. Some of the common examples of these diseases are diabetes, heart disease, chronic respiratory diseases like COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and stroke to name a few.
Their symptoms are progressive and fixed in nature and this causes a lot of hardships in the life of the affected people, ruining the quality of their life. Since these are the diseases one usually lives with, you are supposed to take pills/medicine every day.
It is important that the treatment of chronic diseases is reliable and does not cause any further harm.
Here are some reasons why homeopathy is a better option for chronic diseases.
1. No side effects
Homeopathic treatment not only cures the chronic diseases but also ensures that the medications do not cause any side effects whatsoever. Most of the conventional drugs treat problems but they also cause dangerous side effects that may increase your problems altogether. So, homeopathy is naturally the better option.
2. Permanent treatment
Homeopathy is a better option for chronic diseases because it helps to cure the chronic diseases permanently. This is so because homeopathy follows a holistic approach and treats the root of the problem in order to eliminate the diseases as a whole and not just reduce the symptoms. Also, homeopathic treatment is tailored to meet the specific requirements of the patient, which makes it a more viable option than conventional drugs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
आज की भाग दौङ भरी जिंदगी, ऊपर से काम का प्रेशर हममे में से कई लोगों को तो याद भी न होगा कि पिछली बार कब खिलखिला कर हँसे थे। जबकी हँसना हम सभी के लिये अति महत्वपूर्ण है किन्तु हम उसे नजर अंदाज कर देते हैं। मित्रों हँसने से हमारी जिंदगी किस तरह स्वस्थ एवं खुशनुमा हो सकती है उसी के बारे में थोङी सी जानकारी शेयर करने की कोशिश कर रही हूँ , पसन्द आए तो हँसियेगा जरूर. तो आइये जानते हैं हंसने के पाँच फायदे:
1) हंसने से हद्रय की एक्सरसाइज हो जाती है। रक्त का संचार अच्छीतरह होता है। हँसने पर शरीर से एंडोर्फिन रसायन निकलता है, ये द्रव्य ह्रदय को मजबूत बनाता है। हँसने से हार्ट-अटैक की संभावना कम हो जाती है।
2) एक रिसर्च के अनुसार ऑक्सीजन की उपस्थिती में कैंसर कोशिका और कई प्रकार के हानिकारक बैक्टीरिया एवं वायरस नष्ट हो जाते हैं। ऑक्सीजन हमें हँसने से अधिक मात्रा में मिलती है और शरीर का प्रतिरक्षातंत्र भी मजबूत हो जाता है।
I am having uterine fibroids as per diagnostic reports. So what to do right now? Their size is 35 x 29 mm approx. And other one is 18 mm diameter.
My follicle size is 20 mm two days back means on29 sep. I had intercourse on 29 nd 30th. I want to knw at which day follicle raptures? How could I knw whether I am pregnant or nt.
Kidney disease also known as renal disease, is a progressive loss of renal function due to which the ability of kidney to remove wastes, concentrate urine and conserve electrolytes is failed over a period of months or years. The symptoms of worsening kidney function are unspecific, and might include feeling generally unwell and experiencing a reduced appetite. Often, chronic kidney disease is diagnosed as a result of screening of people known to be at risk of kidney problems, such as those with high blood pressure or diabetes and those with a blood relative with chronic kidney disease. Chronic kidney disease may also be identified when it leads to one of its recognized complications, such as cardiovascular disease, anemia or pericarditis.
Chronic kidney disease is identified by a blood test for creatinine. Higher levels of creatinine indicate a falling glomerular filtration rate (rate at which the kidneys filter blood) and as a result a decreased capability of the kidneys to excrete waste products. Creatinine levels may be normal in the early stages of ckd, and the condition is discovered if urinalysis (testing of a urine sample) shows that the kidney is allowing the loss of protein or red blood cells into the urine. To fully investigate the underlying cause of kidney damage, various forms of medical imaging, blood tests and often renal biopsy (removing a small sample of kidney tissue) are employed to find out if there is a reversible cause for the kidney malfunction.
The most common causes of ckd are diabetic nephropathy, hypertension, and glomerulonephritis.
Recent professional guidelines classify the severity of chronic kidney disease in five stages, with stage 1 being the mildest and usually causing few symptoms and stage 5 being a severe illness with poor life expectancy if untreated. Stage 5 ckd is also called established chronic kidney disease and is synonymous with the now outdated terms end-stage renal disease (esrd), chronic kidney failure (ckf) or chronic renal failure (crf)
Kidney disease also classified according to the part of the renal anatomy that is involved, as:
-vascular, includes large vessel disease such as bilateral renal artery stenosis and small vessel disease such as ischemic nephropathy, hemolytic-uremic syndrome and vasculitis
-glomerular, comprising a diverse group and subclassified into
1. Primary glomerular disease such as focal segmental glomerulosclerosis and iga nephritis
2. Secondary glomerular disease such as diabetic nephropathy and lupus nephritis
-tubulointerstitial including polycystic kidney disease, drug and toxin-induced chronic tubulointerstitial nephritis and reflux nephropathy.
-obstructive such as with bilateral kidney stones and diseases of the prostate.
Initial symptoms may include the following:
-general ill feeling
-generalized itching (pruritus)
-unintentional weight loss.
-swelling of face.
Later symptoms may include the following:
-blood in the vomit or in stools
-decreased alertness, including drowsiness, confusion, delirium, orcoma
-decreased sensation in the hands, feet, or other areas
-easy bruising or bleeding
-increased or decreased urine output
-muscle twitching or cramps
-white crystals in and on the skin (uremic frost).
Additional symptoms that may be associated with this disease:
-abnormally dark or light skin
-excessive nighttime urination
-high blood pressure
-loss of appetite
-pain in chest.
-changes in blood sugar metabolism
-congestive heart failure
-decreased functioning of white blood cells
-decreased immune response
-decreased libido, impotence
-electrolyte abnormalities including hyperkalemia
-end-stage renal disease
-high blood pressure
-liver inflammation (hepatitis b or hepatitis c)
-loss of blood from the gastrointestinal tract
-menstrual irregularities, mscarriage, infertility
-skin dryness, itching /scratching with resultant skin infection
-weakening of the bones
3. Ars alb
5. Aurum met
8. Kali chlor
9. Cuprum met
10. Plumbum met