Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KanjilalYour feedback matters!
My right side nipples have severe pain while breastfeeding and also alone. Kindly suggest any ointment? If I apply that ointment can I wash my nipple before feeding. Urgent pls.
After my first sex, my periods date is gone but periods not coming, I use safe sex so no chances for pregnancy, I don't know what's the exact problem please help me.
Including cheese, milk, and ice-cream etc into your daily meals maybe the reason behind the painful acne on your face. Processed milk and other dairy products negatively affect your skin and trigger the formation of whiteheads, blackheads and pimples. Here's how milk causes acne and what you can do to get clearer skin.
- It is due to oiliness present in the milk, cause excess secretion of Sebum.
- Milk contains a growth hormone IGF-1 (responsible for the growth and strength of calves) in large amounts. This has an adverse effect on your skin, and is responsible for its inflammation, which results in acne. In fact, this hormone can even increase the size of the acne.
- Consumption of milk and other dairy products also result in a sharp rise in the amount of insulin present in your body, which initiates more IGF-1 production by the liver, thereby increasing acne.
- Excessive sebum (oil) is secreted by your skin due to the consumption of milk, which results in more number of clogged pores, causing an acne breakout. Additionally, an increase in sebum helps the acne bacteria to grow and breed, which further causes skin inflammation.
- Consumption of milk can render your skin unable to get rid of dead skin cells, causing more acne due to clogged pores. This happens as milk sticks dead cells together inside your pores, interfering with their natural process of falling off.
What can you do to get acne-free skin?
The best way to get acne-free skin is by trying to limit your consumption of milk and dairy products. You can do so in two ways:
- Discontinue milk intake: Stop consuming milk and its products completely for at least 30 days and observe the changes. If your skin improves after 30 days, you can add small amounts of high-quality dairy, like organic yoghurt, to your diet. If eliminating milk does not show any positive effects, try observing other triggers of acne and look for appropriate methods of removing them.
- Switch to organic milk products only: If you find it difficult to totally cut off milk from your diet, try reducing the amount of milk intake and totally avoid processed milk products. Switching to raw, grass-fed dairy products will also be beneficial.
What are the alternatives to milk which can be consumed without harming your skin?
You can also replace milk with the following products in your diet chart to prevent the occurrence of acne.
- Organic almond milk without added sugar
- Organic coconut milk containing no artificial sweeteners
- Natural coconut cream
- Take milk with haldi only, as plain milk can cause
Warning: Do not consume soy milk as a milk substitute as it contains Omega-6 fats, which causes skin inflammation and swelling of acne. Further, oily and spicy foods, over use of cosmetics and certain face creams etc. all can cause acne, therefore it is advisable to avoid them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am suffering from loose motions during my 7th month of pregnancy. Is this a serious problem or else is it common in pregnancy? Please suggest me some home remedies.
I was on krimson 35 from november. Doctor prescribed me to start from 5th day of the cycle. But did not remember if I have started from 4th or 5th. Pill pack ended timely and bleeding occurred in the 7 day break. I again started dec pill pack from the 5th day of period (may be the gap was 8 days. My dec pill pack ended on 24th dec (usually take the pill from 9-11 pm at night. Never missed any pill. On 25th dec partner rubbed his unprotected genitals on my butt (no intercourse, no ejaculation, he went to toilet before the act). Bleeding occurred from 28th dec-2nd January. Again started jan pill pack from 5th day. This time the gap was 7 days. And I took the pill on same time each day. Pill pack ended on 21st jan and bleeding occurred from 25th January to 29th january. My feb pack got over on 18th February and period started from 22nd feb to 27th feb Every time bleeding was light on the first day and got heavier on third day and from fourth day night it becomes lesser and it comes regularly on 4th day of stopping pill. My march pill got over on 18th march. And today is 22nd till now no periods. No sex activity after 25th dec. Is their any chance of pregnancy since I had certain confusion with November pill regarding the pill free interval. Since no ejaculation or intercourse, will it be able for sperms in precum to make you conceive? Is their any chance of conceiving? M I safe.
I m 18 yrs old n my problem 1> is that m not feeling well from 4 months feeling like vomiting and weakness headache and some time my head become cold from inside and digestion problem too. 2> usually my period come in 30 days but due to unwanted few times it comes in 8 days is it right. and can I take unwanted 3 time in a month is it harmful.
Can multiple small follicles become normal? Is there any diet to be followed for getting normal egg size for pregnancy? How much time it will take. My age is 27 years. (for my wife)
My gf sex on 4th of nov and take unwanted 72 on 7th of nov nd then she bleed nonstop on 13 of nov only for 1 day and today is 4th od dec nd she don't get periods is she pregnant or not please tell me I am so afraid and if she is not pregnant when she have her periods.
What should I do when the condom is tore inside vagina during sex. Doing sex date is 21-12-2016 please tell me.
Calories – A word you often come across when watching your weight. Counting calories is a healthy habit and quite the fashionable trend. Just knowing the word or counting calories will not help though. Here is some more information on how calories work. This will bring you a step closer to your health goal.
Calories - What are they?
Every living being requires energy to survive. Almost everything we eat, except water, provides us with calories. Every food contains some macro and micro nutrients, which, apart from providing calories, have an important role to play in our metabolism.
1 gm of carbohydrate = 4 calories
1 gm of fat = 9 calories
1 gm of protein = 4 calories
In terms of micro nutrients, vitamins, minerals, fiber and some plant chemicals do not supply calories.
Calories – How many do you need?
Calorie requirement of every individual is decided based on factors like height, age, weight, sex, the daily activity level and your body composition. The recommended average daily calorie intake is of 1940 calories for women and 2550 for men. Larger people with more muscle, need more calories. Calculate your basic calorie requirement.
Calories and weight loss?
For weight loss, it is essential to consume lesser calories and burn excess ones that are stored in the body as fat.
A] Consuming lesser calories – This can be done by keeping a track of calories you consume throughout the day. Simply substitute high calorie food (fried, otherwise fatty, sugar-laden food) with fiber-rich, low-calorie food (whole grain cereals, veggies, fruits, green leafy vegetables). High fiber food also helps you in cutting down on the quantity intake, leading to further calorie reduction. Subtracting 500 calories every day will lead to 500 gm weight loss per week. You may be interested in a sample 1200 calories indian diet plan for weight loss.
B] Burning excess calories – Increase your physical activity level by changing your lifestyle. Take up an exercise that suits your body and age. Exercise like jogging, running, walking, swimming, gymming and cycling will help in losing those extra calories.
What if I go on an extremely low calorie diet for speedy weight loss?
A very low calorie diet is the gateway to ill-health. It may give you great results in the beginning but, it ultimately leads to muscle loss, fat storage and a slower metabolism. In extreme cases it may also lead to gall stones and cardiac problems. Consuming a minimum of 1100 – 1200 calorie diet every day is the recommendation by medical authorities.
If you are already consuming only a 1200 calorie diet, do not reduce your calorie intake any further. Instead, try to burn around 300 calories through exercise or any sport. Get active by taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Walk from office to your home.
Is the source of the calorie important?
Well, a calorie is a calorie is a calorie, but the calories derived from protein and carbohydrates are considered to be healthier, as a more complex process is required in processing these calories which in turn increase your bmr.
These macro nutrients also have some very important roles to play in the body mechanism.
Fat provides more calories in comparison to carbs and protein. It is processed in a simple way, making your system sluggish. The excess calories are easily converted to fat and this results in weight gain. [you may be interested in reading our article butter vs margarine].
Calories remains a common factor of consideration in case of weight loss, weight gain and weight maintenance. It is all about how you apply the mechanics of calories.
hi, I had breast but no nipple, is there problem after married and after baby. Is there any treatment for this problem. Please suggest some way.
Dear Madam / Sir, I am newly married. I got first time pregnant in February 2016 bcz of no protection. But in last month of April I suffered from chicken pox. I went to ladies Doctor she told me you have to abort due to infection in foetus so I did. My husband is living other state for a job. He came in September 2016 and bring ovral L Contraceptive pill. I started taking medicine immediately that day without anyone's (Doctor) consultation. But this month period didn't happen. Now my query is Why contraceptive pill didn't worked. I took full course of ovral L during my pregnancy, Is it will affect to foetus please reply. Thank you.
We got married two years back. Last year September she conceived, but later missed abortion occurred. On scan, it was showing as 'no cardiac activity'On follow-up tests she was diagnosed positive for presence of anti nuclear antibodies. And thyroid (TSH is more. What could be the cause for nuclear antibodies? What's the remedy/treatment.
Premenstrual syndrome is a common condition that affects women who are menstruating. A multitude of psychological and physical symptoms might show up before the onset of a menstrual period. What causes PMS is unknown, but fluctuating hormonal levels (progesterone and oestrogen) seem to be linked to it.
PMS has many symptoms. These vary in severity and frequency and aren’t the same in every woman. These are the common symptoms of PMS:
1. Tenderness of breasts
3. Increase in weight
5. Impaired concentration
6. Backaches or headaches
10. Depression or mood swings
11. Overeating or food cravings
A doctor might recommend a few tests to understand and rule out related symptoms:
- Diary: Keeping track of the PMS symptoms in a diary for a few months to check the duration will help you understand the condition better. You might be able to see recurring patterns in your behaviour and moods after keeping track of them for few consecutive months.
- Thyroid test: Thyroid disease is fairly common in women and a lot of its symptoms match those of PMS. To rule out any thyroid problem, a test can be done to check the efficiency of the thyroid.
Relief can be found by treating the symptoms as there is no prevention of the condition. A nutritious diet, sufficient rest and exercise can help deal with the symptoms better.
- Nutrition: Proper nourishment leads to overall mental and physical well-being. Dietary changes like consuming less caffeine, sugar and salt might reduce the PMS symptoms. Supplements prescribed by your doctor such as vitamin E, calcium, magnesium and vitamin B6 help as well.
- Medications: Painkillers such as naproxen, ibuprofen and aspirin may provide relief from cramps, backache, breast tenderness and headache. If the PMS causes severe depression, your doctor may prescribe certain antidepressants.
- Being Informed: Tracking your periods by maintaining a monthly diary can help you understand and in turn prevent the severity of the PMS symptoms. Learning about coping mechanisms can help you as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.