Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists in India. You will find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ear-Nose-Throat (ENT) Specialists online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Revision Ear Surgery
Treating Deviated Nasal Septum
Swimmer's ear is a medical condition, which involves inflammation, irritation or infection of the ear. It may affect the outer ear and also the ear canal. Swimmer's ear is called Otitis externa in medical terms. The condition may be acute to chronic in nature.
Causes: Swimmer's ear is an infection that's usually caused by bacteria commonly found in water and soil. Infections caused by a fungus or a virus are less common. This condition is more common in teenagers and young adults. It may occur due to a middle ear infection or because of a respiratory infection such as cold.
Swimmer's ear can occur as a result of swimming in unclean or contaminated water. These waters contain pseudomonas and other harmful bacteria, which can lead to such ear infections. The infections are rarely caused by fungus.
Swimmer's ear may also result due to other reasons. They can be:
- Scratching the inside or outside of the ear.
- Having something stuck in the ear. When you clean ear wax with cotton swabs or small objects, damage may occur. Using headphone or ear plugs for a long period of time may also cause swimmer's ear.
- Allergic reaction to some object or anything placed in the ear may also cause Swimmer's ear. These may be hair products or jewelry.
- Some chronic skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis may also lead to this infection.
There are several factors, which may enhance the risk of getting swimmer's ear. They are as follows:
- Swimming in water, which has got elevated levels of bacteria. This includes lakes and ponds.
- People having narrow ear canals are at a more risk of swimmer's ear.
- Aggressive cleaning and scratching of the ear canal.
The symptoms which indicate swimmer's ear are:
- Itching of the ear canal. This becomes intense as the condition progresses.
- Redness on the inside parts of the ear, which get more extensive in later stages.
- Discomfort which worsens by pulling on the outer ear or pushing on the tragus of the front part of the ear.
- Drainage of a fluid which is clear and odorless. As the condition worsens, there is excessive drainage of fluid along with the discharge of pus.
- A fullness feeling in the ear and a partial blockage of the ear canal because of swelling and fluids.
- In advanced stages, fever and swelling of lymph nodes in the neck is indicated. Hearing impairment may occur.
Swimmer's ear is a health condition, which involves the ear. The ear gets inflamed because of a certain bacterial infection. Although it is not a very severe condition, in some cases it can do significant harm.
I am feeling vertigo. Doctor said that his is due to ear bone unbalancing because I went to hilly location and will relieve in some time automatically but it has been 3 months I am feeling sometime this situation again during work or movement. Not feeling normal. Please tell me cure.
From last Friday (13.5. 16) after having lunch I have sensation of something stuck inside my lower throat, I've consulted ENT he checked and found nothing said OK but he said sometime if there inside throat small scratch would cause such type of stuck sensation so he gave me antibiotics for 5 days course I've consumed two days but no improvement please advise.
Excuse me sir/madam in this season how can we over come sinus problem. Can please give me some instructions to protect yourself, thanking you sir/madam.
Am suffering from block nose in night from last two months day time my nose will be free but night my gets blocked very badly doctor why this happens and wat s the remedy this.
After reading about tinnitus recently, I wish to know more about tinnitus maskers'. How are they obtained? Do you need a doctor s prescription? Can pensioners get one at a reduced rate?
I am suffering from cough n cold. My nose is blocked for that so I can't desperate well. Also my knee is suffering from pain.
There is syste near left side of the throat and it is painless. However I am feeling unease ness and always mind is concentrating on it. Is there any remedy to remove it or to dissolve it.
I have a problem with throat infection most of the times. I'm a lead singer so I get my voice strained. please help.
Doctor I feel sore throat and fast breathing usually after a hard laughter I love to laugh but it gives me a chest pain and sore throat what I do please help.
Firstly and most important, days prior to travel, eat light food, like khichadi, salads, fresh fruits, yogurt. Oats.
1 On short trips avoid eating too much.
2 Sip small amounts of fresh lime juice.
3 Pepper mint and ginger tea can also to be taken to avoid nausea and vomiting.
4 Try to sit at the front of any vehicle
5 If possible open the windows
6. Avoid the company of people eating strong -smelling foods.
7. Try homeopathic medicine, cocculus-30 - take before travelling and 1 every few hrs during the travelling. Enjoy the summer breaks.