Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kanchan ChatterjeeYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old, I have a 14 months baby (breastfeeding). My breast are became sagging & breast are not good size. How I increase my breast size? What do I do for sagging breast? How I tighten my loose belly?
My daughter is 6 months old and weighs 10 kg. She is in good health since birth. Feeding on mother's milk. Have started solid food 2weeks back. Does her weight need any concern? Also tell me if we should give her any kind of supplements.
My new born baby is unable to take breast feeding. He is 17 days old. When he born oxyzen is not reached properly in his mind. So doctor take him in NICU for 15 days. The child come home from hospital. But he is unable to take mother breast feed. Please help me.
my cousin, he is 2 years old, he is having dry skin, his skin is very thin, has many scratches. His leg palms also got so many scratches. please suggest me suitable ointment for him.
Hello doctor my child is 4 month old. She sleep a lot in the morning and less at night, can you give me some tips as to how to make her sleep at night? and can you suggest me some foods to increase my breast milk? Because I'm lacking it now so please help me doctor.
Hello Dr. my son is 9 years old is suffering from bed wetting problems but only in night. I scolds him sometimes but he is not overcoming from this problem till now. What should I do please help and reply. Regards.
Hi my daughter is 5 1/2 years. She is very naughty. I am facing one issue currently. My daughter dosent feels when she wants to do potty. She avoids doing potty. And lands up doing in her pantly. I dont understand the reason. Please guide me.
My son aged 10 years having stammering problem from 4-5 years. When he get weak by fever or by any other reason the problem increased. Pls suggest how to get treated this problem.
It is the timely medical treatment which matters.
My son is 10 years old. He is always in some dream world. He has become from good to bad to worse. He isn't mingling with people much. Sometimes we feel he is faking it. What should we do?
Winter comes and brings with itself cold and flu viruses- extremely bad news for babies. What makes it worse is that these viruses are contagious, and they spread fast as they are airborne. In such cases pulling your baby away from a sneezing or coughing or sniffling person is not enough. Neither is covering him up in layers of warm clothes. But you can take certain steps to prevent your baby from falling ill.
1. Wash your and your baby’s hands regularly: Washing your and your baby’s hands regularly is the easiest thing you can do to fend off cold and flu germs. It is essential for you to wash your hands after changing diapers, wiping a runny nose and before preparing your baby’s food. As for your baby, washing his before eating or after he comes back from an outing is an absolute must.
2. Vaccinating your baby: You can further prevent your baby from falling ill during the winter season by making sure all his vaccinations are up to date. Getting him an annual flu shot once he becomes 6 months old is necessary, as it protects your child from catching the flu virus.
3. Boost your baby’s immunity the natural way: You can breastfeed your baby regularly to boost his immunity. The American Academy of Paediatrics strongly advises breastfeeding our baby till he is one year old as it is the best way to provide complete nutrition and enhance the immunity of your baby. Breast milk contains minerals, vitamins and proteins that generate antibodies and help in fighting illnesses.
4. Take your baby out in the sun: Even if it’s outside, taking your baby out in the winter sun can do wonders for his immunity. Vitamin D of the sunlight is a very important part of the body’s immune response. Plus, the fresh air and sunlight can help kill all the germs you may have gathered while being cooped up inside. Just be sure to cover your baby well before taking him out.
5. Make sure your baby gets enough sleep: Inadequate sleep can nearly double the chances of your baby falling ill. Harley Robert, professor of paediatrics at the University of Colorado says that lack of sleep is directly related to the health of your immune system. So make sure your baby gets enough sleep, and be sure to put him to bed earlier if he has been around someone who’s sick.
If you follow these measures, then you can greatly reduce the chances of your baby falling ill this winter.
Baby is suffering from birth Asphyxia any treatment I did an MRI BRAIN GROWS 1 inch difference between the normal size of brain. Please help.
Hi, My daughter is 4 months old and she doesn't take the mother's milk. We give Lactogen powder, however she doesn't digest properly and time to time it comes out from mouth, not too much. We also keep her for 2 mints with shoulder after having the milk. Suggest me what we should do?
My younger son completed 2. 5 years and still not able to speak. Kindly advice for further action. Some times he not listing the our sound also.
My kid is 7 months old now and I wish to nurse him at least for 6 more months. I feel there is a reduction in milk quantity. Started taking Galact granules 2 months back but did not find it boost the milk supply. Please suggest diet to increase milk supply.
If breast milk not come after two or three day of birth we can give any other milk like cow, buffellow or goat to child?
The medical name for not being able to control urination is enuresis. Nocturnal enuresis is involuntary urination that happens at night while sleeping that is not under the child's control, after the age when a person should be able to control his or her bladder.
In a lot of cases, stress can be associated with enuresis. It's not uncommon to feel stressed out during the teenage years and events such as divorce, the death of a friend or family member, a move to a new town and adapting to a new school and social environment, or family tension can be overwhelming for a child. This is seen twice as commonly amongst boys than in girls of the same age.
If your child is having trouble controlling urine at night, consult a psychiatrist to rule out the possibility of a medical problem and manage the problem effectively as it can be extremely embarrassing for a growing child.