Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Kolkata and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kanak Jyoti BiswasYour feedback matters!
Causes of eating disorders and risk factors associated with them
Conditions related to the eating patterns or behavior of an individual which leave a negative impact on the health of the person are known as eating disorders. These can lead to the deficiency of sufficient nutrition in the body. The heart, the digestive system, the bones, and the teeth and the mouth are the body parts that generally get affected due to this condition.
Although the root cause is not known exactly, there are several factors which can be held responsible for causing this type of disorders likes:
1. Genetics-A person, who has parents or siblings suffering from eating disorders, has higher chances of suffering from it as well.
2. Society- In order to fit into the society, people often find it very necessary to look the best, which means being thin. Peer pressure and the worry about what people say fuels the desire, more like desperation in a person to become thin, which may lead to an eating disorder.
3. Emotional and psychological health- Problems directly linked with the psychological and emotional health of a person, like low self-esteem, impulsive behavior, relationship associated trouble and perfectionism can also lead to eating disorders.
There are certain factors which increase the risk of eating disorders.
1. Age-Anyone can suffer from this condition. However, a teenager or a young adult has higher chances of getting an eating disorder.
2. Gender- Females have higher risks of suffering from eating disorders than men.
3. Stress- Anyone who is going through any kind of emotional/mental stress has high chances of getting an eating disorder.
4. Family history-People who have a family history of this condition, i.e. their parents or siblings had suffered from it earlier, have higher chances of getting any kind of eating disorder.
5. Other mental disorders-Obsessive compulsive disorder, depression and anxiety are some mental disorders which may trigger this condition in an individual.
6. Profession-Athletes, sports persons, dancers, models or actors have higher chances of suffering from eating disorders because they always have this urge/want to look the best, so they starve themselves.
Related Tip: Can Depression Really Increase Creativity?
Hello am 23 years old, from past 3 weeks I have stopped eating rice and following a diet for weightless, my menu consists of green tea, lemon and honey water, idli, dosa, upma, wheat rava, eggs, chicken, fish, yogurt, fruits, dal, vegetables and leafy vegetables. From my childhood am facing bloating of stomach as soon I eat something in small quantities or more, I feel fullness and bloated stomach after eating in small quantities, also indigestion occurs often, what might be the reason. Can you please help me out in knowing the reason behind it.
I am a b. Com student I am suffering from dark circle it looks like a b. P. Patient but how to remove that dak circles pls help me.
I'm going through a psychological situation. Ever since my childhood I've been neglected and mishandled by women in my family and father wouldn't support me either. So now I've sort of phobia towards women. I'm always suspicious of them and feel scared to start off a family. I would ward off any advance by a girl towards me too. This can't go on, as I want to get married. Can someone please help me.
Am in medium in colour. But my college friends all are having whitish skin. That's why I need an beautiful handsome whitish skin. Can I try skin lightening for my face to get whitish skin. Or tell me any methods to get whitish skin and handsome look.
The study explains the relationship between diabetes and vitamin d. Irrespective of weight. Men with low vitamin d are susceptible to pre diabetes and diabetes specially type 2. Vitamin d is naturally produced by the skin after it is exposed to sunlight. Anothef source of vitamin d is milk that has been fortified with vitamin d. And over 1 billion people the world over suffer from vitamin d deficiency
Sir, Some parts of my face are sun tanned. According to allopathy please suggest me medicines. Please tell me the cost of laser treatment and address of the clinic in west Bengal where the treatment is done. May I use tretonion gel to turn the black portion of my face into a fair one.
My mcv- 79.7. (80-94) normal range HCT 34. (38-45) NR MCH 22.4. (26-34) NR MCHC 28.1. (31-36) NR But my hb is 11 but still I feel tired, often sleepy, unable to concentrate more and feels out of body which scares me. Also my bp is low like upper bp is 80 someday. Is it possible that m anaemic and I have symptoms of anaemia ?
My wife name is Rani she has very small breast she tried some medicine please suggest some effective medicines.
My mom is having pain around upper leg knee joints, we have consulted the doctor regarding this doctor said it was due to some fluid collection around joints he gave an injection to the joint so that it solidify like gel even after the treatment the pain persists and again it is getting worst.
I'm not getting my monthly period from last 2 months and I already check 2 times by prega news. Its result is coming negative. and before 2 months back I took the carpela and my thyroid nproteintest is normal. Please suggest.
I'm 23 years old and vegetarian. My height is 5'6" and my weight is 45 kg. I really want to put on some weight. So please tell me, how can I do it?
Some basic components for good sleep
1. Regular physical exercise (preferably not in evening's)
2. Minimise daytime napping
3. Avoid fluid intake or heavy meals just before going to bed
4. Avoid caffeine intake (tea, coffee, cola drinks) before sleeping hours.
5. Avoid regular use of alcohol (especially avoid alcohol as hypnotic for promoting sleep)
6. Avoid reading or watching television in bed.
7. Sleep in dark, quiet and comfortable environment.
8. Regularize time for going to sleep and waking up.
9. Try relaxation exercise.